Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• Pretty standard moves, except for perhaps keeping stuff in Ukraine. Think the units are better placed in W Ukraine, although it does not matter so much atm.

Regarding the purchase I would’ve bought only inf, saving 1 IPC. Same thing next turn. That way it’s possible to buy 13 inf on R3.

Even though Russia is stronger in BM, its main focus is still defense. For certain in the early game and likely mid-game as well. Maximizing defense is therefore advisable.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 factory_minor and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Politics - Japanese
            Japanese takes Political Action: Political Action Japanese To War With French
                Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With French: Changing Relationship for Japanese and French from Neutrality to War
                Japanese succeeds on action: Political Action Japanese To War With French: Changing Relationship for Chinese and French from Neutrality to Allied

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                  Japanese take Chahar from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
                  Japanese take Anhwe from Chinese
            3 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Yunnan
            2 bombers moved from Japan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Formosa to Hunan
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Manchuria to Hunan

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Hunan
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Hunan, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 3,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 2 infantry in Hunan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Hunan
                Japanese win, taking Hunan from Chinese with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Chinese defend with 4 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yunnan, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 3,50 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 4 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 3 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yunnan, round 3 : 4/7 hits, 3,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 4 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Hunan to Kwangsi
            1 artillery moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            1 mech_infantry moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 6 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
            4 infantry moved from Korea to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Korea to Jehol
            1 fighter moved from Okinawa to Jehol
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Japan to Jehol
            1 cruiser moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Okinawa to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 34 Sea Zone to Paulau Island
            1 battleship, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 19 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Iwo Jima to 17 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 17 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Japan to Kwangsi
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            1 factory_minor placed in Shantung
            2 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 30 PUs; end with 30 PUs
            Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 40 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 0,67
    Japanese regular : -1,17

Savegame

• There are several ways to open with J, but I usually do something like this.

A mIC in Shantung (better placed there than in Kiangsu since it’s closer to the north) and 2 tr. One of J’s difficulties is getting land units to Asia and this way 3 inf will be produced steadily on the main land early on.

I don’t believe a JDOW1 is particularly good in BM, contrary to OOB, so the only attacks are in China.

Try to avoid risk of failing in Yunnan, so max that battle.

Spare the art in Hunan because of the plentiful air, but move it in during NCM if no more than 1 casualty.

Positioning of fleet is usually complex. Sometimes I stack more by the Carolines, but like here the plan is that an abundance of available air-force will dissuade the chinese from trying to stack Yunnan.

Controlling Yunnan is very important for both sides.

• @avner said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

I can keep the fast vehicles for possible help to China (if needed)

Not sure they will be able to make a significant impact unless they get into China on R1. Still, the pansar is pretty flexible in Kaz.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

US can’t do much, but needs to be ready to invade in Atlantic and take out the subs to help British NO

Japan is coming, but not yet. For now just maintaining near parity CVs is key to Pacific defense.

So need to buy 2CVs + DD. Suggest 2 more subs with purchase. Gets max fleet size. Fighters can be bought and brought later into the fight easier.

The Chinese are just going to take Yunnan, but will minimal force. I can’t see holding it with the forces Japan currently has. China could put 11 inf (assuming 1 dies during the assault on Yunnan) and Russia could reinforce with 2 ftr+tac. Japan can attack with 2 inf + 1 art + 1 mech + 10ftr + 7 tac + 2 sb. Probably lose 3-4 ftrs, but would destroy Russian airforce! Germans could bomb Moscow to oblivion. Puts alot of pressure early on Allies to get ftrs to Moscow, and for no real gain. Suggest getting the bonus in Yunan and stacking Szechwan for next round.

The British have several key pieces this round. I’m listing in my order of importance:
    0) Buy 2ftr + 2 inf — avoids any Sea lion that is sent due to sending out all aircraft in the moves outlined next.

1. Save the home fleet – try to defend it another turn from Luftwaffe strike
      Back off to Iceland. Avoids him buying a CV and sending 2 SS + aircraft to sink regardless of what is bought to defend. Will send 2 ftrs to land for defense.

2. Sink the Bismark! using 3 ftrs (or 4 if Gibbastion is used)

3. Taranto is possible with 1 sb + 1 ftr from UK.

But because we have a Home fleet, I’m rather partial to the Gibastion defense here.
    Take out DD + tran in SZ96 with SS + 1ftr + 1 tac. Land both a/c in Algeria.
    Gibraltar ftr lands in Algeria.
    Put all SZ98 except DD in SZ 92. Use transports to move Malta inf + aa and scotland 2 inf to Algeria. Holding Algeria is key, because without it, Germany only has 2 sb’s (and maybe 1 tac in Italy) to attack fleet with.
    Put DD from SZ98 in SZ94 to “close the door” on Italian counter.

1. Activate Persia from India

2. Defend Egypt. Pull all back to Egypt. Except send mech to Syria to avoid Vichy loss.
      If Gibbastion, I like buying a factory for Egypt.

Result:
    Italy still has fleet, but cannot really engage UK
    Egypt will grow.
    Fleet controls the Atlantic
    Ensures early takedown of N.Africa
    May even prevent Vichy as Axis do not gain much from it–unlikely given the board, but minimizes impact.

• '22

@trulpen

be prepared for everything

in russia they are of little use now

:)

• '22

@surfer

I have to evaluate

I am more inclined to Taranto to immediately eliminate Italy from the Mediterranean

I have to study it a little longer

• Take your time. It’s also good to give time for more opinions.

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery, 2 carriers and 2 destroyers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Eastern United States
            1 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Central United States to Western United States

Place Units - Americans
            2 carriers and 1 destroyer placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery placed in Central United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Savegame

• '22

my solution USA

• '22

any opinion? otherwise I confirm and go ahead

• '22

I proceed with China …

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner My only suggestion would be to amend the buy to drop the art–it can’t go anywhere
    So what to do with 4 IPC? Could just save for next round…but I prefer to drop 1DD and use the 12 IPCs for 2 SS. It takes soooo long to get US ships into the battle that the earlier I can buy them the better.

Also, would send the W. coast tran back to California to get more troops.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For China. This is a bitter pill. @trulpen has a very effective J3 DOW that allows him to crush most of China before the Allies are involved. Basically, attack Yunnan to get bonus, but can’t reinforce there.

Would like to use the Russian fast movers, but…

Since the Germans did not buy a fleet, they have lots of fast movers. Still could, but losing the Bismarck(in all likelihood) makes supporting the fleet expensive. Probably not happening. So that means G is coming hard on Russia. We can plan on the mobile units to Szechwan, but need to get back.

• '22

@surfer In fact, I don’t like that art … transport do you mean to the Atlantic?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner transport that is started in Hawaii moves to W. coast

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 carriers, 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Guam
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            2 carriers and 1 submarine placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs

Savegame

• '22

I put the Russian fast vehicles on purpose but it would be about doing DOW in R2 and stacking in Szechwan… I have to do the math in the event of a Jap air attack

• '22

@avner said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

Szechwan

With the Russians you can make a lot in Szechwan, including planes.

But it means designing DOW in UK2 against the Japanese …

Is worth?

Doubt

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner You can set up for it without pulling the trigger. The force in Anwhe could move to Kweichow, threatening Szechwan which would make linking up very expensive for the Allies.

C1 is just take Yunnan with 3 inf + ftr, and reinforce Szechwan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m