Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• USN can’t move around in the Atlantic yet.

• '22

@trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

USN can’t move around in the Atlantic yet.

Yes indeed

He’s in anticipation of the next shift in the Atlantic

• '22

I will switch to Chinese

• '22

I’m uncertain

The stack in Yunnan is to be excluded … even in Shensi

too many jap planes around

retirement in sikang after attacking yunnan still means having jap on next round…

• 2023 '22 '21

@avner said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

I’m uncertain

The stack in Yunnan is to be excluded … even in Shensi

too many jap planes around

retirement in sikang after attacking yunnan still means having jap on next round…

What about attacking the 6 Infantry and 4 Artillery in Kweichow? It’s 55/45 and leaves China wide open, but it may be China’s only shot at doing serious damage to Japan and it will take Japan a couple of turns to replace them and get them to the mainland plus all the units he’ll need for garrison duty. It sacrifices China but might buy India more time to build up defenses.

• '22

@flyingbadger

in fact I was thinking of a strafing but perhaps it is better to go all the way … for the reasons you write

• 2023 '22 '21

@flyingbadger

in fact I was thinking of a strafing but perhaps it is better to go all the way … for the reasons you write

Maybe the strafe would be better, either way I guess it’s an attack with 12 Infantry and the fighter. Not sure where the best place to retreat to is. Am I right in thinking the Russian fast movers can’t yet move into China to help protect the fighter?

• @flyingbadger @Avner I would just get Yunnan for the NO, sit back and keep hitting at Yunnan each turn until J drives you off. China is always just a road block, but keeping him around is a good thing. Prevents J from just rolling forces towards India.

If you keep China in play for 2-3 turns, then everyone else can show up and change the game. There is no winning the game for the Allies early, just keep your forces active.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

A 50/50 attack is not necessarily a bad thing because the attacker can retreat if things go bad. But in this case, you are likely only trading inf for inf and probably at a loss.

Strafe is possible if you want to try and get lucky, but any battle is negative TUV. But to press, get lucky and take Kweichow is just asking to be annihilated by the stack at Anwhe.

The Chinese are just better defenders. They pick off the lone Japanese units that have to spread out to maintain control of China. That’s their role in the land war, so be happy with it.

• '22

I’ve thought about it

so i guess i will take yunnan for NO and stay where i am (i will consider whether to help with russians depending on what german will do)

• '22

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Chinese round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            3 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 2 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Chinese win, taking Yunnan from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Szechwan
            2 infantry moved from Shensi to Szechwan

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 1,00
    Japanese regular : 1,33

Savegame

• '22

Staying in Szechwan, however, even with the Russians helping, could mean China out of the game in the third round…

Reattaching yunnan I don’t think is possible… retreat to Sikang?

• 2023 '22 '21

Staying in Szechwan, however, even with the Russians helping, could mean China out of the game in the third round…

Reattaching yunnan I don’t think is possible… retreat to Sikang?

If the primary goal is to stay alive then Sikang is the only realistic option I think, anywhere else and Japan can wipe out China next turn and then move onto India. If China can give India an extra turn, maybe India can give Sydney and Hawaii two extra turns to build up and hold onto the last Pacific VC.

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese
            3 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Combat - Chinese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Chinese attack with 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 2 infantry
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Chinese win, taking Yunnan from Japanese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            7 infantry moved from Szechwan to Sikang
            2 infantry moved from Shensi to Sikang
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Sikang

Place Units - Chinese
            4 infantry placed in Sikang

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 6 PUs; end with 6 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 9 PUs

Chinese regular : 1,00
    Japanese regular : 1,33

Savegame

• '22

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Politics - British
            British takes Political Action: Political Action British To War With Japanese
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Japanese and British from Neutrality to Unprovoked
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Japanese and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Unprovoked
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Japanese and ANZAC from Neutrality to Unprovoked
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Japanese and Dutch from Neutrality to War
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Chinese and British from Neutrality to Allied
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Chinese and UK_Pacific from Concordant to Allied
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Chinese and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                British succeeds on action: Political Action British To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Chinese and Dutch from Neutrality to Friendly

Combat Move - British
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Burma to 41 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Burma to 41 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Burma to 41 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 39 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Siam
                  UK_Pacific take Siam from Japanese
            3 infantry moved from Persia to Iraq
            1 transport moved from 80 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Ethiopia to 76 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Ethiopia to 76 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 76 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 transport moved from 76 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 76 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 39 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 80 Sea Zone to Iraq
            1 armour moved from 80 Sea Zone to Iraq
            1 bomber moved from Malta to Iraq

Savegame

• '22

DOW on japan i think obliged…

We keep egypt (even with the planes from malta) and we prepare the hunt for u-boats in the atlantic…

I do not think we can do anything else.

• @avner said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

DOW on japan i think obliged…

It’s always itching, but I try to abstain from making comments on moves under progress. In this particular instance, without having looked freshly at the map, I atleast should advice on thinking twice about a DOW.

In some special cases it might be a great move, but usually it’s not. The main problem is allowing Japan to slug it out on the small allies without dragging US into the war. Also, US won’t be able to make any significant movement until US4, since they only will join the war during their economic phase in US3.

Anyway, this is just some general pointers. Consider the options and consequences and all will be well. :)

• I’m glad the game attracts some more attention, getting discussions going. Pretty fun and interesting.

• '22

It is an evaluation that I have to make … because of the ON still available (UK and ANZAC).

They won’t be in the next round I guess …

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@avner I would agree with @trulpen … DOW is a bad idea in this case.
    All we are killing is a sub. Need to get transports or at least prevent transports from loading…This does neither

Also, if you were going to DOW, I would expect to stack Yunnan so that China can grow to help with artillery, but they are in Sikang–which is actually a good move–live to fight another day. Provided that you don’t DOW.

We have to let Japan have its time in the sun early. I’ve seen this Japanese opening several times now, and it is quite impressive. But Japan can’t cover everything after Turn 5 and up without a lot of things to go their way, as long as the US is there to threaten along with all the other forces. That’s what we delay to fight for.

Also, an early DOW is an open door for Japan to takeout Australia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m