What if the Soviet Union joined the Axis and Japan joined the Allies (well really Japan erupting into an Imperial Civil War)?

• @superbattleshipyamato123 I was thinking the AXIS last 3 capturing VCs would be a hard enough fight for them, particularly if Russia has the OOB Rule of entering the War in Round 4 or unless the Allies Dow on them of course- I’m still working on the details, my group are in the current process of another G40 House rules we’ve been working on for almost a year over the YouTube already and so it’ll take a little time before I can devote my Full attention on the reverse sides we’ve been talking about!

• 2024 2023 '22

@superbattleshipyamato123

Here are the ground forces comparison (Italy, Britain, Japan, ANZAC, and France, or Allies to China, Germany and the Soviet Union, or Axis):

Infantry: 101 to 98 (in favour of the Allies)

Tanks: 8 to 11 (in favour of the Axis)

Artillery: 22 to 11 (in favour of the Allies)

Mechanised infantry: 5 to 6 (in favour of the Axis)

Anti aircraft artillery: 18 to 12 (in favour of the Allies)

Total ground units (Allies to Axis): 153 units to 138 units (in favour of the Allies)

Total IPCs in ground units (Allies to Axis): 545 IPCs to 488 IPCs (in favour of the Allies)

Adding the US adds another 8 infantry, one tank, three mechanised infantry, two artillery, and four anti aircraft artillery, or 70 IPCs worth of ground units.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 Actually in my version, Italy still are the Axis…

• 2024 2023 '22

@nolimit

I know, I just want the Allies to the top three navies in the world and have the Axis try to breakout-I just love big naval battles, and this hypothetical Operation Sealion naval battle would be bigger than Leyte gulf, if the top three navies, plus the US, engaged in a battle with Germany and the Soviet Union, who have extensively built up.

• @nolimit

Got it!

• 2024 2023 '22

And finally, let’s do air forces (includes aircraft on carriers, and the powers involved are the same earlier posts)

Fighters: 26 to 9 (in favour of the Allies)

Tactical bombers: 8 to 7 (in favour of the Allies)

Strategic bombers: 4 to 2 (in favour of the Allies)

Total air units (powers involved are the same as above): 38 to 18 (in favour of the Allies)

Total IPCs of air units (powers involved are the same as above): 396 IPCs to 191 IPCs (in favour of the Allies)

The US adds an additional 6 fighters, one tactical bomber, and one strategic bomber or 8 more air units, or 83 IPCs worth of air units.

Perhaps Italy should be part of the Axis after all.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 That’s for sure!

• @nolimit

I’m looking forward to your new rules!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 I’ll send them here as soon as I finish a rough draft of it!😁

• 2024 2023 '22

@nolimit

This is my crazy changing sides idea for my “bonkers” Axis And Allies game: Axis/“continental bloc”: France, Germany, Soviet Union, and China. Allies/“naval bloc”: ANZAC, UK, Japan, Italy, and US. British units in the territory France will move to the territory United Kingdom, and the vice versa for French units in the territory United Kingdom.

Ground forces comparison (not including neutral US):

Infantry: 86 to 95 (in favour of the Axis)

Tanks: 6 to 13 (in favour of the Axis)

Artillery: 19 to 13 (in favour of the Allies)

Mechanised infantry: 4 to 6 (in favour of the Axis)

Anti aircraft artillery: 17 to 13 (in favour of the Allies)

Total ground units (Allies to Axis): 132 to 139 (in favour of the Axis)

Total IPCs worth of ground units: 471 IPCs worth of ground units to 504 IPCs worth of ground units (in favour of the Axis)

Adding the US adds another 8 infantry, one tank, three mechanised infantry, two artillery, and four anti aircraft artillery, or 70 IPCs worth of ground units.

Naval forces comparison (not including neutral US):

Battleships: 6 to 1 (in favour of the Allies)

Cruisers: 10 to 4 (in favour of the Allies)

Destroyers: 12 to 2 (in favour of the Allies)

Transports: 11 to 1 (in favour of the Allies)

Aircraft carriers: 4 to 1 (in favour of the Allies)

Submarines: 3 to 7 (in favour of the Axis)

Total ships: 42 ships to 15 ships (in favour of the Allies)

Total IPCs worth of ships: 475 IPCs worth of ships to 113 IPCs worth of ships (in favour of the Allies)

Adding the US navy at setup brings another one battleship, one aircraft carrier, 3 transports, 3 cruisers, 3 destroyers, two submarines, or 13 ships, or 129 IPCs worth of ships to the Allies.

This looks a little more balanced.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 That is crazy, don’t see Rome lasting for more than 2-3 Rounds…

• 2024 2023 '22

@nolimit

Me neither, but the Allies can use their navy to evacuate and hopefully have Italy fight from Africa.

• 2024 2023 '22

This is how it looks for air forces (including the ones on carriers):

Fighters: 24 to 11 (in favour of the Allies)

Tactical bombers: 8 to 7 (in favour of the Allies)

Strategic bombers: 4 to 2 (in favour of the Allies)

Total air units: 36 to 20 (in favour of the Allies)

Total IPCs worth of air units: 376 IPCs worth of air units to 211 IPCs worth of air units

Adding the US in gives an additional 6 fighters, one tactical bomber, one strategic bomber, or 8 more air units, or 83 IPCs worth of air units.

So the Allies still completely dominate the air and sea, maybe that will help Italy a little bit (Allies can move the entire Tobruk stack to Rome in one turn, as well as one infantry, one artillery from Alexandria to Rome)

• @superbattleshipyamato123

Total IPCs for Allies to Axis (including US): 143 IPCs to 98 IPCs (in favour of the Allies)

I’m not sure how balanced it is, even adding France into the mix.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 In my version of the SOVIETS+China to the AXIS, they narrow the Gap with the Allies 133(Not counting France, No One ever counts France) to the Axis 89 IPCS- so the difference between them Ipcs wise isn’t so much like OOB!

• 2024 2023 '22

@nolimit

Does your Axis amount count France’s loot? Thank you!

• 2024 2023 '22

Never mind, I figured it out myself.

With regard to your IPC level changes, it’s closer if you include France with the Axis, and Italy to the Allies, so it’s more balanced as the Allies still have a numerical advantage in aircraft and ships, and I just really like the idea of two opposites facing off with each other, both sides trying to make up for their weaknesses. For the Allies it’s their isolation from the continent, except Japan’s presence in China and Asia, and for the Axis it is the fact that they are facing off against the first, second, and third most powerful navies in the world, with little to counter.

These are my new victory conditions:

Axis need to control 14 victory cities for a full turn, which means after clearing mainland Africa, Europe, and Asia, the Axis will have to confront their weakness and build up a big navy to invade the Japanese home islands and the British Isles.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 I did not, but it makes sense that I should’ve!!!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 I think that might be a bit harsh for the Axis to achieve, and it might be too long of a game to play perhaps- I just finished my rough draft of my house rules, I’ll send it here for you to look over and critique!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m