Are civilians "insane" to military men and women?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, but Jermo, most people consider a full time job as “40 hours.”  I always included the time travelling too and from the clients/office as well.  So I actually worked closer to 14.5 hours a day, 6 days a week and was on call on Sunday.

Thus, upgrading to 19.5 hours a day, 7 days a week is nothing. wink

• @Jennifer:

Yea, but Jermo, most people consider a full time job as "40 hours."  I always included the time travelling too and from the clients/office as well.  So I actually worked closer to 14.5 hours a day, 6 days a week and was on call on Sunday.

Thus, upgrading to 19.5 hours a day, 7 days a week is nothing. wink

This is a little crazy.
    I have the odd “20-hour day” - fortunately my week is rounded out with a the odd 14 and 16 hour days, with two 8-hour days thrown in.  The odd weekend i’ll do a couple of 12-hour shifts.
    SOOOO much better than residency - 1/4 days i’d do 30-hours straight with 12 hours working the other two.  Mind you - i got 2 weekends off over a 2 month period . . . .

• I have life SO easy!

M-F, average 11 hours a day.
    About 1 Saturday a month I have to work
    About 2 holidays a year (of 10) I have to work.
    About a dozen overnight trips a year.

Time and a half OT.  3 weeks of vacation, a week sick (and of course 2 weeks worth of holidays).

Paid for drive time… and I average about 250-300 miles a day :-)

Am I lucky or what???  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

I dont work right now. AHH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA. :lol: :-P 8-) :-D :-) :mrgreen: :wink: :roll: :evil:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, well, now you see why I re-enlisted, CC.  Easier working days, less responsibility, much better benefits, a lot less stress, longer life expectancy….

Ah well…I hear teaching’s a breeze compared to being a senior project manager…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m