Global 1943 Expansion, Revised

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

As part of the continuous developement of the Global 1943 scenario, we have Play Tested 32 games during the 2021-2022 Axis & Allies Global 1943 Gaming Season.

The results inspired our Play Testing Group to come up with a few changes in the setup.

These changes mostly concern the Eastern Front and some parts of the Pacific.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Global 1943 Set Up has been revised.

During the Axis & Allies Global 1943 2021-2022 Gaming Season, this Set Up has been play tested during 32 games.

The attached pictures (see page 1 in this thread) show the Revised Set Up.

The Revised RULEBOOK 1.2 will replace the RULEBOOK 1.1 within a short time.

• @the-captain

Great!

• @the-captain Can you list the changes as well ? It’ll take me a while comparing pictures to the map and I’m not confident i wouldn’t miss something.

• @barnee

The Set Up Charts for all Nations are being revised - hopefully the Play Testing Group have them ready by next week.

We also discovered a flaw in the Original 1943 Set Up - Western Germany did not have an Air Base and Naval Base… This has also been corrected now.

Celebes is now mentioned with a 4 IPC Value Marker as well.

• @the-captain cool I also missed the not having the bases because W Germany has em both in triplea : )

So Celebes is a 4 dollar IPC start level ? No extra points needed like PHI ?

Anyway, I’ll dial it in as soon as I can. Machine supposed to be here tommorow. Probably take a day or two to set it up and then we’ll get crackin : )

Kinda bummed my last test game fried. Only needed one more rd to finish off JPN lol

• @barnee
    Celebes still keeps its OOB original 3 IPC value. The increase to 4 IPC is only when Celebes changes hands.

Example:
    Philippines’ original IPC value is 2 IPC. The increase to 5 IPC is only when it changes hands.

Note:
    Concerning Convoy Disruption, only the original IPC value is targeted.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Axis & Allies Global 1943 Expansion Set Up has now been revised.

Some background history has been added as well during the Military Situation Report and the the Political Situation Report.

The Set Up now shows the Historical Peak of the Axis Expansion during World War II.

When the Global 1943 game begins - in Early 1943 - the Axis Powers are extremely close to winning an Economic Victory.

The Allies are gradually getting the upper hand in both the Pacific and the Atlantic - and on The Eastern Front, the exposed German Frontline units are in danger of being cut off - or annihilated - unless withdrawn or reinforced on a massive scale.

In Early 1943 victory depends on a brilliant strategy as well as tactical superiority on The Battlefield.

• @the-captain

Awesome!

• @the-captain would you list the setup changes separately please

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee
    This is the list of changes for Global 1943 Revised.

(see pg. 1 at this thread for the Revised Rulebook).

Note:
    To get the complete picture of the Revised Set Up, the Set Up Charts in the Global 1943 Rulebook should also be included (see the Revised Global 1943 Rulebook 1.2 at pg. 1 in this thread).

• @the-captain wow ! I thought there was only gonna be 2 or 3 changes. There’s a whole shitload ! lol

Still trying to get the new machine setup. Gotta convert it from windows to linux and I always struggle with that lol Old one still creaking along, even if it likes to freeze up intermittently.

Try and dial in the new setup before too long. Looking forward to checking it out :)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

New Britain gets an extra buck like the other Islands in “Pacific Expanded” ? Just double checking. Right now I’m just using edit in triplea to make a saved game. I’ll do the xml work once I get the new machine up and running.

Lots of changes ! Gonna play like a new game ! Were these mostly a nod to history then ?

Edit
    I double checked setup card and Wake does get it’s Airbase in case someone doesn’t notice it.

Here’s the save:

You’ll have to edit the extra buck for New Britain or subtract as needed until I do the xml update. It’s good for rd 1.

I’ll crunch through again and check everything against the setup cards when I do the update. Idk if anyone has this with triplea but if you do any corrections are welcome :)

Hmm … can’t find the Heppster Rock On picture. Know it’s on here somewhere. Whatever :) Rock On !
    :beers:

Edit
    Quick update. Added the buck to New Britain. Visual only. Still have to manually count it.

Edit 2
    Couple more fixes. PG in Novgorod is inactive and W Ger Fctry is above ground.

Global 43 Expansion 1.2.2.tsvg

Edit3
    Wow I totally screwed this up. I just copied over the stable save with a prerelease. lol Whatever I’ll try again later

@The-Captain is W Ger Factory above ground ? It shows it in the setup cards but I had it undg originally. I don’t have the original setup cards anymore. Maybe I screwed it up like i did russia lol. They were only getting 34 bucks

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

West Germany is the same setup from original to the setup changes. Unless as mentioned IC is underground
    Also does Italy still get starting income of 18
    I’m assuming based on it wasn’t tweaked in new revised 43 rules.

Novgorod the same. Am I missing something ?

• @general-6-stars

True,

The only “change” to Western Germany is an Air Base & Naval Base - we forgot to place those facilities in the original 1943 Set Up… but nobody noticed anyway…

The Underground Factory in Germany is the same as in the original 1943 Set Up.

• Well even 43 rules originally had an NB and AB unless u updated original.

I have BBR version 2, 4 and 5 map. Gotta figure out which map I’m going to use to see your 43 setup on. Lol

• @barnee

Yea - our Play Testing Group went through the World War II Historical Atlas as well as some WWII Situation Maps from 1942 & 1943.

Combined with the experience from the first 168 Global 1940 Games, we completed 32 Play Testing Games with this Global 1943 Revised Set Up.

Even though the Axis Powers are extremely close to an Economic Victory from game start - Early 1943 - within 3-4 rounds of play, the Allies can even out the Axis lead if they combine their strategies.

During play testing, for the most part Germany were able to stabilize their frontlines in spite of the enormous Allied armies that push forward from all directions.

Japan is also able to reinforce their outposts in the Pacific - and keep the War away from the Japanese Homeland.

In Asia, the British forces are difficult to hold back - and when combined with the surviving Chinese forces, Japan must fight with skill & determination in order to hold the line and prepare for further advance.

The Global 1943 Revised Edition is extremely well balanced.

The Balance of Play only depends on what strategy the players choose.

We are playing game no. 3 now, after the Play Testing has ended - and we expect this game to be completed by the end of this week.

A Game Report will be available shortly after.

• @general-6-stars
    The BBR Map that we use is identical to the Original OOB G40 Map - with only 1 change: Celebes is worth 4 IPC.

In other words:
    Players can use the original G40 map.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m