• As Japan do you prefer to attack China or the Dutch East Indies first?

• @broken-mortar I don’t really have a preference, it would depend on the game.

In general, if a side in China looks to be getting the upper hand, I would intervene. Otherwise you have a big problem. Major Chinas are BAD for Japan.
    The NEI are something I would attack before Jan 41, or a lot later. After Jan 41, they get several reinforcements, including militia on most islands, and a coastal gun on Java. If you attack them before that, they are pretty easy
    Overall, I think what I would do a lot of games is attack China, then strike the NEI later if I had free units and was planning on war soon.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I think I’ve always considered hitting both as integral. I think you need the money from the DEI, and you certainly can’t just allow China to sit there and grow too strong one way or the other.

But like @Trig said, I think hitting China first/earlier is typically the way to go, and then hitting the DEI before they start getting reinforcements should certainly be part of your plans!

• @broken-mortar Always China first or you will regret it late game. Then with the SNLF’s you use in China, you can land them in the DEI midgame, then on to Malaya and the FEC.

• @broken-mortar DEI because I suck as Japan and in all of my solo games I did best as the Japanese when invading the NEI (VP wise)

• @broken-mortar i have done General Hand Grenade strategy of the Dutch Panakuk - dutch pancake of attacking the DEI on turn 3, this works to great success. My next game as Japan i would like to attack DEI on turn 3 again and then turn 4 invade China (if one side has the upper hand over the other, or I decide that i just want to anyways)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m