• Has anyone experimented with adding minor nations to the game? I have often thought it would be great if France and China could be separate powers. Maybe Italy and Finland for the Axis. I have also thought a cool way to play would be to get rid of the turn system and everyone moves at the same time. Maybe right down all your moves.

• At harrisgamedesign.com adlertag has a “plotted axis and allies game system” which allows for such a game. He is a big fan of diplomacy and likes this concept. I call it write essay each turn game system but thats just me… look it up.

• Well the time aspect is heavily abstracted in Axis and Allies.

Realistically combat should be able to happen simultaneously, or not necessarily at the same time.

• 2007 AAR League

I am a big fan of Diplomacy, but can’t imagine adding simultanious movement to A&A. First, as Imperious Leader noted, there would be a large amount of moves to write. In Diplomacy a leader has to write at most 17 orders, but will generally need to issue 5-10. In Axis and Allies both the number and the complexity of the orders increases.
    Second, writing down orders will likely serve as somewhat of a deterent to inivation. For example; as Germany I draft a set of orders to strike the U.S.S.R at Causcus and Karelia. If I suddenly see a stronger strategy that involves me completely changing my orders for both countries, the time I already put in that will be lost and the time I will need to write up new orders may deter me from attempting my new course of action. Having to continuously edit a page or two of orders will be tedious.
    Third, in real life military leaders would re-act to enemy movements. If as Japan I ordered my units in Kwangtung, Manchuria, and French Indochina to attack China, but was attacked by units in Soviet Far East and India my attack would not proceed. Not only that, the Manchurian units would likely be diverted to re-inforce and/or counter-attack.

• Yeah its definitely to much to ask for a prefect time simulation. So many territories. So many battles.

• 2007 AAR League

What company is Diplomacy by because I am continuously hearing of it on the forums and it sounds cool but I have never seen it in a store near me.

• At least Avalon Hill releases Diplomacy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m