• In the The Napoleonic Wars, for quick and decisive victories, Napoleon had corps, which had infantry, cavalry and artillery, which lived of the land. I have an Idea for GW1936 corps, which have anti-tank, artillery, and infantry. Because they lived “of the land”, they would go Really fast. Here’s the stats.

Regular Corps:
    Attack: 1 d12@ 2, 1 D12@ 1(first strike), 1 D12@ 1 (Target selection vehicle class units)
    Defense: 1 d12@ 4, 1 D12@ 1(first strike), 1 D12@ 1 (Target selection vehicle class units)
    Move: 2 (can blitz)
    Cost: 5

SPs: In order to move 2, there can only be that much Corps units as there is IPPs in a land zone.

Any thoughts?

• @david-06
    The base land unit in GW36 represents a Corp sized unit. (50,000 men or so) This includes Infantry, Mountain Inf, Armor, Mechs, etc. Airborne and Calvary are divisional level and contain around 25,000-35,00 troops.
    The importance of this is that in most cases, anti-tank support, small artillery, AA batteries etc are contained within a unit. (Artillery class units [to me] represent larger than usual concentrations of such, as artillery was a support unit and not concentrated in high level formations. A ratio of one artillery piece to every 3 infantry corp or so.) Thus the mixed corp is already in the game, but differentiated based on the base unit, whether that be tanks, mechanized infantry, or light infantry.
    As for living off the land, by the 1940s, this was no longer an option, as the larger numbers of troops and the specialized supplies needed (ammo, uniforms, rations, fuel, spare parts) could not be adequately sustained without a supply train. The only nations I know of that used that sort of tactic was Japan/China, but I believe that was for smaller units. Also, scorched earth tactics in many places sort of impacted that.
    I think that for a 19th century game, these corp would work well, but by the 1940s, they are another outdated tactic. (like marching in straight lines. :) )

• @trig Oh, thanks for the Info! :+1:

• @david-06 nobody starts the game with anti-tank units. this is not a standard GW36 unit that many nations / factions use.

• @bretters corps = 3=5 divisions… army = 3-5 corps

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m