• This is my first time playing a&a, and the same goes for my opponents. I am
    deutschland. Japan has successfully destroyed the american fleet at wake and plans
    to move on u.s. within the next few turns

I have lost africa, finland, and ukraine, but have captured and occupied Karelia. I
    have no units in italy, one transport in the mediterranean, a good bit of infantry in
    ger, we, and ee, as well as kar. I have tanks coming up to place, an aa-gun to
    place, and 29 IUs. can anyone tell me the best offensive strategy, or even a
    hold-out-until-Japan-comes strategy to maintain the land I have and keep me in a
    position to attack?

• You should not have used IPC to by an AA gun, cause there is no where to place it. The best strategy would be to buy a fighter and more tanks and more tanks to place in karelia and prepare for an assult on Moscow

• I need more specific strategy, like what I should buy next turn, and how is the best way to hold europe while taking Russia, and what Japan should do.

• Buy infantry with Germany. The more the merrier. Buy nothing but infantry. Every icp you have, spend it on Infantry.

As for japan, Attack Russia.
    Go right for Moscow.

Thats it, if you want specifics, umm just figure it out your self, its more fun that way…:cool:

• I think that in your position Germany might buy a combination of tanks and infantry. Get your buddies Japanese ass onto the mainland fast to divert Russian attention east. The americans should be attacking you in Western Europe soon anyway. Also you NEED more IPC’s. Germany WILL lose with under 30 IPC’s/turn going in the 3rd round. period. Japan must turn it’s attention west, and if you’re not ready for an assault on Russia, buy tanks and infantry, gird up Karelia and Western Europe, and regain your lost territory fast. Maybe even look at Caucasus as a bridge into Africa (i assume you are holding little/none of it at this point given your income). Speed is absolutely essential for Germany. Otherwise Russia just buys infantry, and you’ll NEVER take it. I enjoy playing Germany, but it must be lightning fast, and get help from Japan - at least to remove cash from russia and provide an essential distraction.
    good luck

• I’m no expert on the game. I played for a week or two last summer, and haven’t found a playing partner since. That week, however, was an instructional class on the game. Anyway… to the point of helping you…

My experience with Germany has been that you’re small, but powerful. You basically need to explode into the other countries like that snaps fingers. Don’t worry too much about Defense, and in the future, don’t buy an AA gun, you should already have it, that’s all you’ll need.

As for your next turn, buy maybe 1 or 2 tanks, and spend all the rest on infantry. You need a big army, so you can explode into Russia.

However, Russia might not be that smart either, since it’s their first time too. But you need to attack russia, go straight for Moscow, and take it out. As for the other pieces that cannot make it there with the rest of the bunch, you have two options, back them up, or go for some other countries and get some more IPC. The second choice is what I would do. You need to get at LEAST -30-32 IPC going if you even want to have a chance.

• On 2002-04-26 11:39, Quintopia wrote:
    This is my first time playing a&a, and the same goes for my opponents. I am deutschland. Japan has successfully destroyed the american fleet at wake and plans to move on u.s. within the next few turns I have lost africa, finland, and ukraine, but have captured and occupied Karelia. I have no units in italy, one transport in the mediterranean, a good bit of infantry in ger, we, and ee, as well as kar. I have tanks coming up to place, an aa-gun to place, and 29 IUs. can anyone tell me the best offensive strategy, or even a
    hold out until Japan comes strategy to maintain the land I have and keep me in a
    position to attack?

Sounds like this game is screwed up in more ways than one. How can s/he have lots of ARM and an AA gun to place if he still has 29 IPCs to spend? (I SEWIOUSWY DOUBT S/HE E-MAILED in the middle of the Purchase Phase.)In addition, we have no idea what the Allies have on the board. Can Germany take back E. Europe and is there a need to reinforce S. Europe? What has Japan done in Asia? I’d say the game is(was since it’s been this long) a wash!
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    “If @ first you don’t succeed; try, try again.”

• Ahhh give him/her a break. It’s only their first time playing. I remember my first game (I was UK) where my first purchase phase consisted of 1 Battleship and saving the rest of the IPCs for… another next turn Battleship!! Then I built an IC in Iran. This was before I learned about the limited IC producing based on territorial IPC value.

Quintopia, I suggest that you build tanks and infantry at a 3 to 1 ratio. Oh, and build a fighter each other turn if you can.

“Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.” - Aldolf Galland
    “The crate? The crate matters not. It is the man who pilots the create that truely counts.”

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-05-22 22:16 ]

Suggested Topics

• Help

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m