Global 1940 and 1943 Expansion for use with TripleA

• @barnee
    Hi barnee,

The average length is Early 1945.

Mostly, by that time an Economic Victory is achieved - and the military situation would eventually become increasingly hopeless to either the Axis or the Allies.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I’ve got Desert Army pretty much on the run now. Germany tested out good, so should be able to finish up in a few hours. They work with Armor, Elite, Infantry, Artillery, Mech Infantry, Pnzr Grndrs and Paras.
    Edit
    Combat Engineer will be added once he’s been created lol

Think that should cover it. I guess I’ll need Marines and Commandos for USA and UK. UK doesn’t have a heavy hitting mech though.

Anyway, this isn’t gonna work quite as good as the Panzer Generals, Oberst and Commisars. You have to take the PG as the first casualty of the Army, so if you have 2 Paras and a Panzer, you’ll be attacking at 1,1 and 3 instead of 3,3 and 1 on your next combat round.

It’s the same as the other groups as far as casualty selection, but Panzers are all Tanks, SS Army’s weakest member attacks same as Oberst and Commisar Corps generally consist of harder hitting units also. At least that’s how I do it.

But the Desert Army could very well have Para units in it for the Germans. With the smaller battles in N Africa compared to the E Front, this’ll have a potentially bigger impact on them.

Not much can be done. It’s the same for both sides. Just something to be aware of.

Edit
    I guess if it was super critical battle or thought it might come into play, you can always use the Dice roller and do it by hand. And you’d want to, most likely anyway : ), edit your Panzer General back in and kill a Para after battle in the above situation if you won.

Updated to triplea

Change Log:

7.4 12/28/21
    Add Notification for Incorrect Pacific Island Bonuses. Clarify Game Notes for LCVs. Fix Take Over Italy Notification showing up after accepted. Change German Take Over of Italy Rail to show as Europe only.

Fix German Heavy Tanks and Russian Commisars not being able to move by rail. Change Rockets to move 2. Fix Total War Me 262 turning into Tactical Bombers. Fix Waffen Paras negating regular Para attack bonus.

Add Desert Army. Add Combat Engineer.

Update to 7.41

Change Log:
    7.41 12/29/21
    Fix Engineers not getting Artillery boost

There is no A2D3 commisar for Guards Infantry. Use commisar2 for offense and edit to commisar3 for defense.

I’ll add it in the next day or so, along with a A1D3 for the Engineers.

Tac Bmbrs will support Tanks in Panzer Armies. This is incorrect.

I think the best that can be done, is have the Pnzr Gen give a negative bonus to the Tacs. Any Tanks not in the Army wouldn’t be able to boost them then either.

It’s probably less frequent than Tacs and no extra Tanks though, especially if you’re trying to keep an Army Group together.

Hmm … maybe I could make a special Tank that you could edit in before battle if necessary that would boost the Tac correctly.
    Yea, that’d be the way to go. Take a while to do.

These Tank battles usually to big to roll by hand so, just have to deal with it for now. Maybe give the defender an extra INF or 2 depending on how many Tacs in the battle. 1 Inf per 2 Tacs ? IDK lol

I imagine Desert Armies and Commisars do the same thing with Artillery. Waffens only have 2 Arty so not a big deal. Should be able to make a special Artillery too.

Well, we’ll see how Tanks go first.

• @barnee

Well - you know what works best - your decision:+1:

• @the-captain heh heh yea thinking out loud : ) Finish this test game and I’ll get cracking on it. This ones playing out a bit differently so far. Fun stuff ! :)

The 1943 Expansion needs some PU adjustment. The Expanded Pacific Islands that have been conquered are not firing their bonus. There needs to be a battle for it to activate.

For now, you need to edit +7 PUs to JPN and -4 to USA at end of each turn. This will be fixed in the next update.

German Total War Infantry 1943 Expansion is firing in 1940 Expansion. While I appreciated the extra 11 Infantry in West Germany, this is incorrect behavior.

This is fixed for the next update. Until then you will need to use edit.

@barnee said in Global 1940 Expansion for use with TripleA:

The 1943 Expansion needs some PU adjustment. The Expanded Pacific Islands that have been conquered are not firing their bonus. There needs to be a battle for it to activate.

For now, you need to edit +7 PUs to JPN and -4 to USA at end of each turn. This will be fixed in the next update.

Hmm … I think this is working correctly for the extra bonus for controlling the territory. Still need to give Celebes the extra buck, but Philippines, Guam and DNG are all giving their extra dough at end turn.

They start at 72 and had 7 in convoys, ended up with 58. Does that seem right ? i still need the Celebes buck but other than that I think it’s right.

Just bombed through a turn not doing anything. I guess the start at 72 is what has me confused a bit.

Screenshot from 2022-02-02 02-34-55.png

@barnee hmm … my shits all jacked up. 44 isn’t right.

edit
    oh yea the minus 7 so it woulda been 51 plus the 6 bucks for the islands be 57 not counting celebes at 4. Another 8 for Advanced Production. so 65 -66

Where you guys get 72 at ?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee

Japan’s IPC Starting Income at 72 IPC comes from:

• IPC Level (58 IPC)
    • Advanced Production Capacity (8 IPC)
    • IPC savings from previous rounds (6 IPC)

Change Log:

2/3/22
    Fix Major Bug with Waffen Armies and Commisar Corps. Fix Pacific Transport not defending at 1. Make Paras Move 2 +1 with Airfield. Waffen Paras M3 +1. Remove “mine_armed” from Player Purchase Windows.

Add 1 PU to Celebes for 1943 Expansion. Add Tactical Bomber PG and TG as well as Artillery PG and TG for edit use in Battles. Also adds Waffen Artillery PG. Add Commisar A1D3 and A2D3. Make UK and USA Desert Armies work with Paratroopers for negative bonus.

Change Total War Unit Images. Fix German take Over of Italy Firing after activated. Flip ANZAC Units facing. Add Unofficial “Normandy Original Owner Pro Neutral Allies”.

Fix German_Heavy_BB not repairing. Fix Panzer_Grndrs and ArmouredInfantry not being able to use Air Transport. Change German Take Over of Italy to show up before Purchase. Change Wolfpack cost to 0. Fix Wolfpack not Targeting Transports. Fix German Total War Infantry placing twice.

Change Log:

2/4/22
    Fix Players not being able to move into Allied Players Territory in 1943 Expansion.

oops Big 43 bug. US and UK placing extra dudes rd 2. Need to shut that down. Hopefully not too bad to sort. We’ll see

Well this might take a while. I think I know whats up but … yea …

Gd it was just starting to get into 43 lol

Ok, think 43 is sorted. Kind of a pita but w/e. : ) I’m gonna run another test game before update. Probably find some more stuff to fix lol.

Update to 7.6

Change Log:

2/24/22
    Fix All Underground Factories being Hitpoints.

2/12/22
    Fix German Take Over of Italy showing up more than once.

2/12/22
    Fix Allies Double Placing Units in French and ANZAC Territories. Fix UK Fighter Placement in Sea Zone 79.

2/10/22
    Fix Underground Factories being Hitpoints. Make Denmark Mines Changer Owned at Game Start.

Well I’m gonna hit a 1940 Game. Thought about a Basic test, but most problems are all related to the three mods anyway. Think Waffen INF and the soviet Conscripts the two biggest differences if i remember right and I know those work. Got to turn a couple options off.

Anyway, the drums are beating lol.

oh yea @The-Captain you guys ever try a '39 version ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m