Global 1940 and 1943 Expansion for use with TripleA

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hmm…Wolfpack attack problem. Idk y I didn’t c this earlier but wolfpack can be taken as hit, which means once you have less than 3 U Boats, you need to kill the wolfpack but a U Boat will still be alive that should be dead.

idk how to fix this. I guess take the wolfpack as hit first ? Not ideal but … makes U Boats even stronger. You can’t edit mid battle.

Uggh … this isn’t good. Maybe require 4 U-boats for wolfpack ? That doesn’t seem good either. Well this is a major bummer. I might be able to make a negative bonus for 1 U Boat by the Wolfpack.

Idk. If you have only 3 …

I guess maybe that’s the best triplea can do. Have the U Boat give a negative bonus to 1 U Boat, the other 2 or more still get bonus, and kill it as soon as u have less than 3.

That won’t work either. Uggh … maybe have Wolfpacks cost a buck ? or 2 ? For the extra hit ?

@The-Captain any thoughts on this ?

Edit
    I’m leaning towards making Wolfpacks cost 2 bucks for the extra hit. Maybe 3 ?

Gonna roll with Wolfpacks cost 3 bucks for the extra hit. Most UBoat battles gonna be small compared to huge Pacific battles, so that extra hit is big.

Still open to suggestions though :)

• @barnee
    Yea - I can see what you mean.

I’ll think of something - and discuss it with the play test group.

I’ll be back:relaxed:

• @the-captain ok idk what my brain was tripping on. The wolfpack only gives a bonus for 1st rd of combat, so it should be fine the way it is. Just don’t take as casualty period and it’ll die at end of combat or if there are less than 3 U-boats present.

Good grief Charlie Brown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sea Zone 109 is removing it’s Wolfpack even when there are 3 or more U-boats. This has been fixed for the next update.

I guess those Wolfpacks didn’t like me messing with them and decided to mess back lol

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

:angry: not nice to mess with SS.

• @general-5-stars heh heh Kriegsmarine in this case, but yea, definitely don’t wanna mess with them :)

Pacific Island rears it’s ugly head once again. DNG was giving ANZAC the -2 bucks after JPN conquered it from ANZAC but when ANZAC unsuccessfully tried to reconquer, the negative bonus went away.

Hopefully this is DNG specific, since it’s a unique case, but I’m not real confident in that.

At any rate, use edit until it’s fixed. Hopefully it can be fixed lol

Another island bug. JPN took Guam, then USA took it back, thenJPN took it again and both triggers are firing for USA. -1 and +1 So use edit to correct PU total and pay close attention at end turn to make sure only the correct bonus is given.

Only seems to happen after multiple territory control exchanges. Hopefully fix for next update. Probably be a while. Test game is at rd 13 China now. Didn’t think it’d last that long.

At any rate, be done soon and start on the fixes.

Major Bug with Commandos and Elites attacking same TTy with artillery support. Jacks the battle all up. Has right number of units but wrong hit factors. So don’t combine attack with them for now. Marines probably same.

Idk if this can be fixed. Seems a triplea engine issue to me, from what I remember of the xml code, but we’ll see. I’ll report to triplea if needed but guys are rewriting the entire program right now, so doubt anything happens anytime soon.

Only thing I can think of at the moment, is make a new unit that hits like Elite, but doesn’t need artillery support. Have to edit it in and out. Kinda sloppy and I don’t like it but …

Anyway, test game is dead. See if we can fix some stuff.

Yea just tested without artillery and they attack together correctly. The supportAttachment is jacked up for the artillery. Maybe it can be fixed. We’ll see :)

Ok looks like a minor panic on my part. Made a separate supportAttachment and it seems to be working.

Unfortunately, my earlier concern was legit. I remember having trouble with them when I first did it. Not really sure of the best solution. Thinking of making them A2 get +1 with Arty. I don’t like the edit new unit in and out. Already gotta do it with Oberst and Commiesars. PGs too.

There’s only one of them to deal with though usually, half a dozen be a bit much.

Maybe make em cost an extra buck ? +2 to upgrade ? Uggh Idk. That’s a big rule difference, although Basic has Waffen at +2. Usually just paired with Arty anyway. Mostly amphib attacks for the Marines.

Well, that’s the way I’m leaning. @The-Captain what do you guys think ? Everything would work right then, as far as the artillery support with all units.

Edit
    So it’d be 5 bucks for an A2 D2 +1A with Arty . Arty A2 D2 gives support for 4 bucks. I’d think you’d still want the 3 hitter ability for amphib attacks for the extra buck though. Actually, it’s really 2 bucks.

Hmm … Well, Idk, I think they’d still be purchased. You got any number crunchers in your group ?

Edit 2
    Maybe leave at +1 ? Still cheaper to buy a Arty/Inf than 2 Marines for same attack power. They’re limited build wise too.

Edit 3
    Yea I think A2 D2 A+1 with Arty for +1 PU. Tanks are 5 bucks, so, they wouldn’t get bought.

yea so it all works fine now. I wonder if this would cause any issues in India early game ? Or Egypt with rail move ?

Idk. Best I can think of. 6 sided die are limiting.

Tank and Arty A3 A2 C9
    2 Commando A2 C8
    Commando and Arty A3 A2 C8

Might just need to be a triplea exception. Guess we could limit builds early rounds if needed for India.

DNG fix is done. Gotta do it for them all now lol

Hopefully just some cleanup after that. We’ll see.

Anyway, to a good weekend of Gaming Rock On !!!.png

• @barnee

Hi,

I’ll have to get back to you on that one… if we change the cost on any unit, it might influence the choise of units in an “un-wanted” manner… in other words - that unit might not be purchased.

• @barnee

Tomorrow, 2 players from The Netherlands (they are from this forum) are coming to Denmark to join us for a weekend of Axis & Allies gaming including Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

So I might not be online unitl Sunday…

• @the-captain yea cost would stay the same attack factor would increase by 1. That can influence buys as well.

Only thing to do would be to make a new unit and have it edit in when paired with arty. As i said earlier though, that could get kinda sloppy.

Idk, I almost always have them paired on the attack anyway and always take them as casualty first, so maybe it’d be better to edit in the unit that attacks at 1 by itself as that situation wouldn’t happen as much.

• @the-captain said in Global 1940 Expansion for use with TripleA:

@barnee

Hi,

I’ll have to get back to you on that one… if we change the cost on any unit, it might influence the choise of units in an “un-wanted” manner… in other words - that unit might not be purchased.

Ya with d6 it gets dicey with no room.

barnee. What are u trying to do?
    Does art boost all types of inf +1 correct ?

• @general-5-stars yea so Commandos and Marines are A1 D2 C+1 and replaces an existing Infantry. So basically C4. They get A+2 when paired with Artillery.

Artillery also boost Infantry and Mech Infantry A+1. Triplea cant do that. They all have to be boosted the same. So i was gonna make them A2 D2 C+1 A+1 with Arty.

Still should have incentive to buy
    Tank and Arty A3 A2 C9
    2 Commando A2 C8
    Commando and Arty A3 A2 C8

But I think I’ll make another Commando/Marine unit that is A1 that you edit in before battle when they attack without Artillery. Should be fairly rare occurrence, as you wanna pair them up for the extra attack boost.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m