Global 1940 and 1943 Expansion for use with TripleA

• @barnee

That sounds great:relaxed:

When playing FTF, as game experience improves, you’ll need to use the rulebook less frequently.

The Timetable is sufficient to keep track of when units and rules come into play.

Our experience shows, that already after 2-3 games, most units & rules are easily remembered - even for new players who are not yet familiar with the use of expansion rules.

Surely, the Global 1940 Basic Expansion will inspire players.

We have great succes when training new players, using the Global 1940 Basic Expansion.
    Most players are ready to go all in (step-by-step) with Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion after 3-4 games.

The feed back we recieve is that the rules are easy to learn and remember.

And then again: once you’ve played with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion there is no going back.

• @the-captain heh heh Awesome ! Love it ! New Players you guys are all over it. : )

Yea I’m all in optional included. Partisans just showed up for the first time : ) No place fore em but hey they were there :)

What I’ve been doing is have two windows open to the rules while playing. First is table of contents , second, I scroll for the answer. I think it works pretty good.

I’ll post a triple experience/suggestions at some point for online players, and sure people can improve on it : ) but … w/e I’m totally digging it. I didn’t think triplea could come close enough to even make it worth it when I first read your awesome rules. I’m SO stoked it can !

• @barnee

Like GEN Manstein said: ATTACK !!! :muscle: :relaxed:

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@the-captain Ha Ha Ha Right Arm !

Yea I’ve been trying to establish Rommel in N Africa but those two RRs from S Africa are pretty bad ass. I guess India could use em but … I just been sending em to Egypt.

Probably a folly with Rommel but just checking out the game. Been building a wolfpack in S France, had to do an AB too with Ftrs. Italy an AB in Tobruk. Probably shoulda just sent it all at Russia but it’s tying down some UK Forces.

Those Paras are real problematic. I lost Finland because I spaced lol. UK can threaten France all of w europe. RRs toitally Rock ! Love thhese Hous RULES !!! :)

OK I’ll stop : ) have a good day
    P out

Edit
    An those Elites kick ass too. Need a Arty but yea I was like I got no place for more lets attack :) with em. Cost the same so why not

Update to 6.3

Change Log:

8/28/21
    Flip German “Army Group Flag” direction. Add Notification for USA National Guard activation. Fix Pacific Islands Original Owners not having a negative PU every turn they don’t control them.

• Hello barnee/captain,

Are you guys open to adding other rule ideas or mechanics from others?

• @waxfingers

Hi wax

I won’t speak for Captain but there is a "Global 40 House Rules " mod here

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/26089/g40-redesign-currently-taking-suggestions/1708

That has a lot of House Rules from many members. Could definitely add more there : )

• @barnee

Great, well I have had many ideas over the years and just last week I finally went about trying to mod a map. I got in a few mechanics/rule setups already but was having trouble with land transport, and then stumbled upon your map while in search of help.

Your map has so much work and additions put into and some things already touch upon my ideas so it would be cool if my suggestions might make it in.

One thing I did notice though is that you do not have any Vichy rules or other objectives from Balanced Mod. It seems you guys wanted to build off of 2nd Edition and not the Balanced Mod3 rules?

Do you plan to make another map with the Bal mod rules?

Anyways, I will head over to that other thread to throw in my ideas.

Cheers

• @waxfingers yea no worries see ya there : )

• @waxfingers

Hey Wax,

barnee is right about the thread from Baron Munchausen - that’s the place to suggest rule ideas or mechanics to G40. It’s very interesting.

If you would like to suggest any additional rules to the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion (G40 Expansion for TripleA) I suggest that when you get familiar with the game mechanisms etc. of these rules, you are most welcome to contact me on the chat. I’m always open to new ideas that has been thoroughly thought out:+1:

@The-Captain the first triplea lobby game I’ve seen !

Screenshot from 2021-09-13 20-13-02.png

Sadly it has a pw so I can’t join to ask em about bugs. They’re in rd 5 though ! :)

• @barnee

Interesting… can you see the rules?

How should we proceed?:relaxed: :relaxed:

• @the-captain hmm…not sure what you mean. The Lobby shows the games that are available. Some are active, some waiting for players and the others are empty. When there’s a pw you can’t join.

Anyway do you know these guys ? Pantheus ? Way cool they were on rd 5 . Only made it to 4 myself. On Japan 2 right now : )

I still need to do a triplea support type thingy guide for how to play with triplea. These guys opinions would be great.

Anyway, good stuff : )

• @barnee

…so, is it your/our version they are playing… or did they create their own G40 Expansion?

I don’t know any of these players… could be interesting to get contact

• @the-captain That is your guy’s map. There are other G40 house rule maps, but that is the name of yours and v6.3

• @the-captain
    @barnee

By the way, I can push your map on triplea haha. I play there a lot.
    Especially if you can include my ideas as options =p

• @waxfingers

Hi Wax,

Concerning the G40 Expansion for TripleA, barnee is primus motor. So he’s the one to decide these matters.

Concerning your ideas for rules suggestion, you are most welcome to send me an e-mail (see Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion thread for further information) - to avoid confusion with this thread - as well as the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion thread (on which the G40 Expansion for TripleA is based).

Then we take it from there:relaxed: :relaxed:

• @the-captain

OK, I think I understand what is happening. Basically this thread is for the TripleA version, but your House Rule Expansion thread is for table top and additions in general? Or it just needs to be the parent thread?

• @waxfingers

This thread is for TripleA, yes.

The Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion thread is for Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion tabletop only. Players questions & Rules Clarification.

Naturally, this thread and the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion thread are interconnected, since they concern the same rules.

To avoid confusion with other rules suggestions, you could send me an e-mail - or you could open your own thread concerning your rules.

@The-Captain this the one I modded with your rules. I have a link to your pdf rules doc in the game notes but Idk if they were familiar with it or not. Game notes also have the 2nd post here included.

Next time I see em on I might give em the “slap” noise to get their attention and ask.

@waxfingers heh heh yea sometimes I’ll take an empty bot and change the game. I try to be cool about it though and only do it to ones that have multiple empty ones

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m