• Hi a few questions…

1. If you attack a zombie in you own territory, do they bite on an A or a D? ie are you defending your territory, or attacking the zombies?

2. Can you hold a territory just with a plane in it, if it has a zombie - or do you also need a land unit there as well?

3. Are planes invincible to zombies, or are there any situations where they can be attacked by zombies?

4. If a single plane attacks a single zombie within a group of zombies (in a friendly territory held with other units), do all the zombies bite or just the one that the plane is attacking?

5. Can planes use aircraft carriers in the same way as land units use transports? ie can they jump on, move on the carrier and then move off them in a single go.

6. Lastly what use are submarines, or are they fairly redundant?

1. You are attacking the zombies. “D” results are ignored, as there is no defender.
    2. An air unit is enough to keep control of a territory you control.
    3. Air units can be taken as zombie casualties only during Phase 2: Zombies Attack.
    4. All the zombies roll. You can’t attack a single unit within a territory. If you attack a space, you attack everything (that’s not friendly) in it. However, in this case it doesn’t matter, as air units can’t be hit by zombies during combat.
    5. No. Fighters land on carriers after the movement of both units is complete. See “Carrier Landings” on page 24 of the Rulebook.
    6. Submarines are useful mostly when the enemy has no destroyers. This is when their Surprise Strike ability comes into play, and it also makes them immune to air attacks. Their ability to move through hostile sea zones when there are no enemy destroyers can also be handy.

• @jamesl1391 Hello James,

Fortunately @Krieghund already answered all of your questions. Just some remarks from me.

If you attack a zombie in you own territory, do they bite on an A or a D? ie are you defending your territory, or attacking the zombies?

The way I see this: The Zs are just conducting their battle phase, their throwing of the dice. And then the ‘D’ results can not be assigned. Just see this as a regular battle.
    (@Krieghund , if I am wrong please correct me)

Can you hold a territory just with a plane in it, if it has a zombie - or do you also need a land unit there as well?

Very good question. Good you asked this so this could be clarified. Please mind that Zs can hit your - expensive! - plane in their next ‘Zs Attack’ phase.

If a single plane attacks a single zombie within a group of zombies (in a friendly territory held with other units), do all the zombies bite or just the one that the plane is attacking?

As far as I know in standard Axis and Allies games you never attack a specific unit…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m