Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

• @barnee

1st and 2nd Waffen-SS Armies attack Smolensk. Only 1 Waffen-SS Army can be active during this attack. The units in the other Waffen-SS Army attack as individual units…

• @barnee

I’ve just corrected the text in Rules Clarification - please check if it clarifies your question.

• @the-captain :+1:

right on. yea hate to make things legal/lawyer overexplanatory but when it comes to game rules it’s probably the way to go lol

You guys still playing this weekend ? The 3 day event I think it was ?

• @barnee

It is most likely the best way to clarify rules. When I think back to 1993 - Larry Harris had made a Rules Clarification section that came with Axis & Allies Classic 2nd.

It worked :+1:

• @barnee

Our 3 day event gaming weekend is from 26th-28th November. That’s when our new friends from The Netherlands are coming:relaxed: :relaxed:

They are already studying the Expansion rules, We’re in contact by e-mail to coordinate the event etc.

We have similar 3 day events until April/May 2022.

• @barnee
    A Strategy Guide for OOB Global 1940 combined with Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion is under construction now.

It’ll initially be based on German strategies - and as much as time allows, Soviet Union, Japan, United States and United Kingdom will follow.

Hopefully, by the end of 2021, the complete Strategy Guide is available to players.

China, Italy, France and ANZAC are not included at this point. We haven’t yet decided if they ever will.

• @the-captain sweet !

• @barnee
    The Strategy Guide Global 1940 is now available.

Germany is the first Nation included.

Other Nations will follow -see thread Strategy Guide Global 1940.

• @the-captain so soviets get 3 rail with 1 being in Europe. Does that mean I can use the Europe one to haul a guy from Amur to Europe ? Or can I only move dudes that start in Europe to other places in Europe ?

Thanks

• @barnee
    The Soviets can move 3 land based combat units in any direction within all Soviet Territories.

When it comes to Europe, they can use 1 of these movements - so yes, you can move a unit from Amur to Europe - or from one European territory to another European territory.

• @the-captain Uggh I have a sinking feeling Pacific Islands may not be right. I currently have them so the bonus IPC don’t kick in until they’ve been conquered. I’m thinking this is probably wrong ? Like they should count for whoever owns them regardless of combat ?

So end of Japan’s first turn they should be getting an extra 3 bucks for Carolines, 1 for Hainan etc… ? Their starting dough is the same. 26

GD it another major rewrite.

• @barnee Japan doesn’t get extra income at the start of the game or something. If they conquer or lose an island with a changed IPC value their income increases/decreases with the new amount. Same as for other powers. At least that’s what I think is the way.

• @victoryfirst

Correct:+1:

When a Nation conquers an Island (or territory) with an increased IPC value - then the IPC level at the Expanded National Production Chart is corrected according to the new (increased) IPC value.

The increased IPC value of all islands & territories in the Pacific Theatre has no effect on each Nations IPC income/level during the game - at least not until these islands & territories are captured by enemy forces.

As mentioned, when they are captured by enemy forces, the IPC level is corrected according to the new IPC value.

Remember:
    When a Convoy Zone is disrupted, the loss of IPC is according to the original (OOB) IPC value - not the new (increased) IPC value.

• @barnee

VictoryFirst got it right:+1:

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Awesome ! Thanks Victory . That means it works correctly :) You have to conquer the boosted PU TTys in order to activate the extra total.

So Japan whacked the Phillipines rd 2, they get an extra 3 on top of the 2 and USA gets the opposite. And they get the extra 3 and USA minus the 3 every rd until the TTy changes owners. Carolines has never been conquered, so their total = 0.

Right on just finished rd 2. So, on Dutch New Guinea, I originally hardwired it at 2 bucks, because it’s Dutch. Revisiting this, if ANZAC or USA or even UK ( yea right ) take it over while it’s still Dutch controlled, do they get the extra 2 bucks ? Or do they have to wait until Japan conquers it first to activate the bonus PUs ?

If the latter, I think I can make a negative option for the Allies until Japan takes it and they take it back. Right now I just edited it out but wanna check before i change anything.

Thanks

Oh yea, having a blast lol :grin:

Edit
    Ok just reread the recent comments

“The increased IPC value of all islands & territories in the Pacific Theatre has no effect on each Nations IPC income/level during the game - at least not until these islands & territories are captured by enemy forces.”

This would be a good add to the next rule update for slow people like me lol But I think DNG is still a unique situation that should be clarified. It says enemy forces, so I would assume that means nobody gets the extra dough until JPN whacks it, if they even do. But ?

Well I’ll just continue to edit it out for now. Not a huge deal. When I get done with this test I’ll see if I can fix it if needed and any other stuff that comes up lol :)

I would include this in the rulebook too.

Important:
    When a Waffen-v Infantry unit is upgraded to a
    Waffen-v Oberst-Gruppenführer unit – the Waffen-
    v Infantry unit is removed from play (since this
    unit is replaced by the Waffen-v Oberst-
    Gruppenführer unit).
    The German player should then – in the same turn –
    upgrade an Infantry unit to a Waffen-v Infantry
    unit, in order to maximize the total number of
    Waffen-v Infantry units on the game board.

It wasn’t clear to me I could do that. I did leave a couple Waffen inf to upgrade to Oberst but not the inf to reup to Waffen. : )

• @barnee

The reason we didn’t include it in the rules is, that it might seem to be to much information, considering the total amount of new units & rules:relaxed:

Instead, the Strategy Guide seemed to be the obvious place to inform about these procedures:+1:

• @the-captain yea that makes sense : )

• @the-captain hey , should I change DNG inactive until JPN conquers ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m