Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

• @barnee

You got it right:+1:

• @the-captain Sweet ! First time to rd 5 ! I Dig It ! lol

Think I went a little light on the Eastern front but we’ll see. 26 peasant inf about to show up. The Italian para just picked up it’s 3rd kill lol. You really gotta pay attention to those guys.

So unlikely it would happen but can UK or USA do all the lend lease ? Doesn’t have to be split 3 and 3 ? Any combination of 6 ? 2 UK ftr and 1 USA ftr and 3 USA tanks for example.

• @the-captain so you can build a SS inf same turn the Oberst replaces the inf but does that apply to all SS units ? I replace 3 PanzerGrenadiers with SS units, can I also buy 3 more PGs that same turn ? Or is it just for Ober ?

• @barnee

Yes, UK & US Lend-Lease forces can be split by the players choise.

Players can even choose to have USA to send all Lend-Lease units to USSR.

Or the United Kingdom could send them all - and USA none…

• @barnee

Yes, you can purchase new Panzer Grenadiers in the same turn that you convert Panzer Grenadiers to Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadiers.

By the way - that would be the optimal choise, since you want all your Panzer Grenadiers available on the game board:+1:

• @the-captain right on well I think it would be good to add a clarification to the next rule update. I know you don’t want to overload the initial rules, but that is quite key and worthy of specific mention imo.

Gonna fire up the test game in a bit :) Think I’m gonna add to the notifications when new stuff is available, that our Scientists and Engineers are also working on the next available units and should be ready in the next rd or 2 or whenever.

Ideally one should just print the time sheet and have it handy, but this may prove useful as having enough dudes in Berlin to build with is key.

Really wanna just keep playing, but I think there’s enough for the update. Gonna finish rd 5 then update and Then start on Basic :)

yea yea i really will this time lol

• @barnee
    Yes, you’re right - the Timetable is essential to keep track of when special units can enter the game.

The Timetable should be printed and kept next to the game board. We always use it in this way, since it helps to have an overview - especially during a hectic game when crucial tactical decisions are made.

We’ll discuss where to inform about those certain episodes - as when you are replacing regular units with Waffen-SS units etc.

It might be a separate section - attached to the Strategy Guide thread.

• @barnee

As part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, today the United States Strategy Guide will be posted in the Strategy Guide thread.

Later this year, the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion rulebook will be updated with information concerning the Strategy Guide as well as Rules Clarification.:+1:

• @barnee

Rules Clarification has been updated with islands that can be fortified.

• @sgt-pitbull
    Hi Sgt,

What’s the status on the enlarged G40 game board?

• Do damaged Capital ships need to be adjacent to a naval base in order to get prepared?

• @victoryfirst

No, they must be repaired by paying 3 IPC for each damage hit. They are repaired anywhere on the game board.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Just to double check, you can’t purchase landmines in India. UK/London only correct ?

Next rule edit you may want to consider moving this closer to the beginning of the landmine rules

“Mines must be produced in a Capital belonging to
    the Nation that produces the mines.”

For example here instead

“Mines are purchased in the Purchase & Repair
    Units phase and can be placed (dug in) in the
    Mobilize New Units phase in that same turn in the
    territory where they are produced.”

Just a thought : )

• @the-captain Yeah I was wondering about that as the Japanese were able in my game to repair their battleships and immediately attack with them with full strength. The Americans were getting overrun by that. I thought Capital ships could only get repaired when adjacent to a port, why would you protect them with fighters if they can get repaired at open sea?

• @victoryfirst yea the defending damaged Carrier thing seems a bit off. You can already scramble. Just seems a bit complicated for little gain imo

• @victoryfirst my guess is if the CV gets hit and the planes can land on an island or wherever , it can’t repair until it’s next turn and could take attacks, so the fighters that were able to land safely can defend it.

Not sure if that’s right and still seems a bit much but I’m sure Captain clue us in before long :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee

You’re right - United Kingdom can only produce their mines in London.

Also, I’ll correct the text you described concerning mines:+1:

You know, one thing is to develope and play with these rules hundreds and hundreds of times - and explain how it works face to face with new players. It’s another thing to describe it in text to players who have never used these rules.

So, fortunately we have the Rules Clarification to help answer most questions:relaxed:

Thanks for your notification:+1:

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@victoryfirst

Hi,

You cannot allocate air units to protect a damaged Battleship unit (see pages 33-35).

When you allocate air units to protect a damaged Carrier, you should consider if this maneuver is essential. Otherwise you might want to send your air units on another mission.

We mostly use this air protection, when a damaged Carrier is within range of an enemy counter attack and there is no other option to hinder the Carrier from being lost.

It’s all part of the challenge to find out what you must do - and what you could do.

So, how many Japanese Battleships overran the US naval units in your game?

• @the-captain heh heh good action as always Captain. Hope I don’t sound too negative when I raise an issue, for me anyway : ) You guys have 168 and counting, so probably got it down pretty good :)

Just my impressions. : )

On test game 10. Bought some LCVs this time lol

P

• @barnee

Hi,

Concerning a damaged Carrier:

Example 1:
    A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 6. There are 5 Japanese Fighters in Japan and the Japanese Air Base in Japan is undamaged.

The US player launches an attack against sea zone 6.

The Japanese player chooses to scramble with 3 Fighters and has already allocated another 2 Fighters to protect the damaged Carrier.

Example 2:
    Japan has an undamaged Minor Industrial Complex in Shantung.

In Shantung there are 3 Japanese Fighters.

A Japanese damaged Carrier is in sea zone 19.

The Japanese player chooses to allocate 2 Fighters from Shantung to protect the damaged Carrier, since 2 UK Destroyers are able to reach the damaged Carrier if the UK player decides to attack.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m