Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@The-Captain just to double check, a Waffen SS Army has to have already been formed before it can regroup in ncm. You can’t “Form” an Army in ncm, unless you’re just replacing casualties. Can’t make a brand new one. The Ober that wasn’t commanding an Army, can’t form one. Correct ?

Thanks

@The-Captain Another one : ) Can Paras activate Pro-Neutrals ? My guess is yes but … not 100% sure

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee

You can form a Waffen-SS Army during the Non-Combat Movement phase as well as during Place New Units phase.

Example 1:
    During Non-Combat Movement, Germany moves 1 Waffen-SS infantry unit from German controlled Novgorod through German controlled Belarus to German controlled Bryansk.
    Also, Germany moves 1 Waffen-SS Panzer unit and 1 Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadier unit from German controlled Ukraine to Bryansk.

These 3 Waffen-SS units link up with a Waffen-SS Oberst-Gruppenführer unit that simultaneously moves from Western Ukraine to Bryansk.

The German player announces that these 4 Waffen-SS units now form a Waffen-SS Army - and moves all these Waffen-SS units to the Waffen-SS Army Board (next to the gameboard) and places them accordingly at the dice symbols (naturally the Waffen-SS Panzer unit must be placed at the 2-dice symbol in the back - and the Waffen-SS Oberst-Gruppenführer unit at the 2-dice symbol at the front of the Waffen-SS Army Board).
    The Waffen-SS Army Marker belonging to that Waffen-SS Army Board is then placed in Bryansk.
    This Waffen-SS Army is now ready for combat.

It doesn’t matter if Belarus or Bryansk were German or Soviet controlled at the beginning of the German players turn.

Naturally, none of these Waffen-SS units have taken part in any attack during this turn, since they would then have already moved - and could therefore not move during the Non-Combat Movement phase.

In this example, Novgorod, Ukraine and Western Ukraine are German controlled from the start of the German players turn.

Example 2:
    The German player attacks with 1st and 2nd Waffen-SS Armies from German controlled Bryansk into Soviet controlled Smolensk - destroy all Soviet units - and takes control of Smolensk.

In this example both Waffen-SS Armies are identical and each consists of 1 Waffen-SS infantry unit, 1 Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadier unit, 1 Waffen-SS Panzer unit and 1 Waffen-SS Oberst-Gruppenführer unit.

The 2nd Waffen-SS Army has suffered casualties during combat - and has lost 1 Waffen-SS infantry unit. The remaining Waffen-SS units from the 2nd Waffen-SS Army are returned to the game board - and the 2nd Waffen-SS Marker is returned to the 2nd Waffen-SS Army Board.

During Non-Combat Movement the German player decides to reinforce Smolensk and moves one Waffen-SS Panzer unit from Western Ukraine to Smolensk - and announces that this Waffen-SS Panzer unit links up with the surviving Waffen-SS units from the 2nd Waffen-SS Army.

The 2nd Waffen-SS Army is now active again - and all units in this Army are moved to the 2nd Waffen-SS Army Board - and the 2nd Waffen-SS Army Marker is returned to Smolensk.

Example 3:
    During the Repair and Purchase New Units phase, the German player purchases 1 Waffen-SS Oberst-Gruppenführer unit (and replaces a Waffen-SS infantry unit that is already present in Germany from a previous round with this Waffen-SS Oberst-Gruppenführer unit).

In Germany are also 2 Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadier units and 1 Waffen-SS Panzer unit from a previous round.

The German player announces that these Waffen-SS units link up to form a Waffen-SS Army. This Waffen-SS Army is ready for combat movement, combat etc. on this turn.

• @the-captain right on. In example 2 only 1 of the SS Armies would be active when they attacked though. Correct ?

Cool that’s good info. These Army Groups take a bit of edit use, but basically, before turn start and after combat, can be created.

I know a lot of triplea users won’t like it, but if you’re used to playing ftf, shouldn’t be a biggie : )

• @barnee
    Yes - in example 2, only 1 Waffen-SS Army is active during the attack, since only 1 Army (any kind) can be active in the same territory.

If these two Waffen-SS Armies were part of an Army Group, the German player would have 2 dice at “4” during the attack in each round of combat for as long as the Army Group is intact.

During board games, of course it is much easier to maneuver these complex formations.

The major advantage in TripleA is, that you can agree on the time frame in which to play the game - this could be several months - and you could even play several games simultaneously.

This option is - mostly - not possible during FTF.

Nonetheless, no matter if you play FTF or TripleA - once you,ve played Global 1940 with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion - there is no going back…

• @the-captain :+1:

Loving it myself : )

Keeping track of the Armies and Groups requires some diligence, but hey, triplea does most of it for ya :)

• @the-captain said in Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion:

Nonetheless, no matter if you play FTF or TripleA - once you,ve played Global 1940 with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion - there is no going back…

:grin:

@The-Captain does UK need to be at war with Japan to destroy it’s Pacific facilities ?

• @barnee

Any Nation - even if not at War - can destroy a facility that this Nation controls from the start of that turn.

To destroy a factory/industrial complex, it must be converted to an Underground Factory on a previous turn - and it must also be controlled from the start of the turn where it is destroyed.

The Soviet Union has - as the only Nation - the option to destroy any of its industrial complexes any time during the game.

This is described in detail at page 21 :+1:

• @the-captain right on I just dusted Singapore’s harbor lol

• @barnee

We’ll soon release the Axis & Allies Global 1940 Basic House Rules Expansion.

The purpose is to give players a more manageable approach to the use of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

More about this later, at the release date.

• '22 '21

@the-captain Good idea simplifying the Rules, your current house rules can be difficult+confusing to the uninitiated(namely Me)!!!

@nolimit yea takes a while. i think this is month 4 and still learning : )

@The-Captain You guys probably already got it crunched out but : ) one thing I was thinking would be to have the Army Group just activate another Army instead of itself. You’d still need the extra 10 dudes to form one.

Just a thought. Looking forward to what you guys came up with.

Edit
    Thinking a bit more and 2 Tank Armies might be a bit overpowered. You could have 1 of each required but that’d leave the Americans out. Oh well too bad for them lol

Ok last edit You’d get 3 @3 on the attack vs 2 @4. The 3’s definitely better but the 2 @ 5 on D idk. I haven’t done the math but I’d probably take that. Anyway I’ll stop. RD 3 Japan right now : )

@barnee went ahead and ran it out on triplea battle calculator. The 20 tanks hittin at 3 come out better than the 16 and the 2 Big 5 hitters. Maybe it depends on number of units but still slightly better 4 % where as on offense it was 10 % or even a bit more.

I guess if I get real obsessed I’ll do the math : ) but yea it’d be what you’d expect. Stronger on offense D just a bit weaker which I didn’t expect but not surprised. i’d probably still take the 5 hitters in a dice game lol

This post is deleted!

• @barnee
    Remember;

Only 1 Tank Army can be active in each territory.

If you have 2 Tank Armies in the same territory - no matter if they are part of an Army Group or not - only 1 Tank Army is active. The total number of dice rolls for these 2 Tank Armies would be 16 (10 dice for the Tank Army that is active - and 6 dice for the second Tank Army).

This is the case both during attack and defense.

• @the-captain yea that’s one of the things you have to check. When to activate or deactivate. I haven’t got too far yet but I like the idea of it encouraging you to have multiple Armies instead of just one big stack.

• @barnee
    When you get to Global 1943 setup, you’ll also see the Armies spread out from north to south on the Eastern Front.

The Germans are in a position to form Army Groups North, Center and South in just 2 rounds.

Basically, this is what the Germans should always try to achieve (not only in Global 1943 Expansion) - beginning with planning and execution already from Early 1940.

• @barnee

Rules Clarification is now added - next to the RULEBOOK, Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

• @the-captain Right on Where is Rulebook at again ? I don’t seem to see it.

Hey started fixing the Pacific Islands. Got it tested just a matter of rewriting now. Hopefully today or tomorrow. Probably 6-8 hours or so. Once I get started i tend to be a little obsessive, so we’ll see how it goes lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m