Pinned Battle/After Action Report?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Hey all!

Was just thinking recently it might be cool to have a thread going of Battle Reports/After Action Reports of peoples games. I thought something like that being pinned might be cool so we could all see the progress of people’s games? Might be herculean though, as I imagine it would require a whole sub-thread so as to keep one persons report and potential updates separate from the others.

Anyone think that would be worth having here? I know I used to look at different blogs or posts here of peoples A&A games with the reports and pictures of everyone’s turn by turn games with descriptions. I found them to be a lot of fun!

If no traction, maybe not worth it. But if enough people thought it would be good, I’d be happy to ask djensen on the possibility of having that set up!

• @chris_henry I for one would love to read AAR’s!

• @chris_henry A thought of mine is that even if separate threads are made, we could have a pinned thread with links. That would allow somewhat easy access without tons of overlap.
    I am all for the idea. I’d love to see some strategies and what players find happen in their game.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Sweet! Well, maybe I’ll give it a day or two to see if anyone else shows interest.

I know I would like to start a game soon, and would be happy to post something. Once we’re all vaccinated and can get together I think we’d like to get one going! I have a 10 month old now, so will be harder for a while, but the game is meant to be kept up anyways haha.

I’ve seen a lot of guys in the past post turn by turn action, and sometimes it’s just a post game wrap up. But I think a lot of people find them fun to read, and can probably glean a lot of tips that way too.

@chris_henry A thought of mine is that even if separate threads are made, we could have a pinned thread with links. That would allow somewhat easy access without tons of overlap.

@Trig That’s a good point, that would also work, and is I suppose the most realistic scenario. I might still ask Dave what he suggests, but that is a good idea!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m