• Another pedantic question I thought of:

If France obtains a tech before it surrenders does:

• Does Free France have access to that tech? Does Vichy France have access to that tech?
    • When Free France evolves to a major power, do they gain any priorly unlocked French Tech and/or resume their tech rolls where France left off?

• Free France is a minor power (Rule 4.2), not France, and so I would say no your first questions and yes the the second.

• @insanehoshi On the second, I would say yes, as it says in 14.4.1 that "if the French surrender conditions are reversed, then Free France will become “France” again.

• '20 '16

Off the Free France reference sheet: “Free France may receive lend- lease in its capital.”

Is seems meant as an exception, but is the exception that Free France may ONLY receive lend-lease in its capital? Or that Free France may receive lend-lease in its capital, no matter whether there is a supply path or not? Meaning, Free France would still be able to receive lend-lease in other territories, following the standard lend-lease rules.

Is there any limit to the value of a lend-leased unit to their capital? As they might pick a capital with no supply path, it seems unlikely that you would limit them if they chose a capital with a minor port, for example.

Alternatively, the rule might read, “Free France may only receive lend-lease in its capital, and it must follow normal lend-lease rules.” So, the capital would be restricted, or cut off from lend-lease, in certain situations.

• @captainnapalm I’m not sure here, but my thought would be this.
    According to the rules, you lend lease must be delivered to the home country of a nation. Free France considers France its home country. If there is a Free France, they probably don’t own this. Tus, I see this rule as exempting them from the home country requirement so that they can receive lend lease.
    I would assume that since it is not stated, the standard lend-lease rules for capacity, restriction, and interdiction would apply. Meaning you need a port in you capital to get lend lease. (Not that that should be hard to find.)

Side note: Can Free France build a port? It is not on thier build chart. Same with China. Are facilities a universal option, or just for major powers. For instance, France can build a minor factory, but I don’t believe China can. There is no clear answer to this.

• '20 '16

@trig I forgot about lend-lease being restricted to home country. This would make it more obvious to me that Free France is restricted to receiving lend-lease ONLY in its capital.

I think standard supply path restrictions would apply.

And I do not think Free France may build any facilities, other than the minor factories specifically stated.

• @trig

This too is problematic. For one, their reference sheet says (IIRC) that upon liberating paris:

If Free French liberates Paris, it becomes a Major Power (effectively becomes France again)

The way I interpret this, is that Free France is still Free France, however its has all the bells and whistles of France. If my interpretation is incorrect however, and Free France becomes France, this leads to another issue/question: “If Free France becomes France, do they now regain all French conditions, in particular surrendering?”

• @insanehoshi My thought would be this:
    Free France becomes “France” again. Much like the KMT or CCP evolving, but the other way around and then back. I see Free France as a stage of France, and the surrender/surrender as the way it moves between those stages. Thus, it is the same power the whole time, but with varying levels of power. That’s certainly how De Gaulle saw it!

That being my thoughts, I would say that France regains its surrender conditions and other such major power things, but that could be FAQed. I do know that this leads to a problems with the special things such as reforming Vichy and lotting the French treasury if it falls again.

• @trig said in The FAQ Thread:

I see Free France as a stage of France, and the surrender/surrender as the way it moves between those stages. Thus, it is the same power the whole time, but with varying levels of power. That’s certainly how De Gaulle saw it!

Excellent description, Trig!

• Can the USSR Scorched Earth canals?

According to the FAQ:

Q: What are “facilities” ?

A: All man-made structures. See 1.4: “Land zones may have various man-made structures in them referred to henceforth as facilities.”

Canals are man made structures, ergo rules say they can be destroyed? I dont think this is intended, after all the USSR shouldn’t be able to take the Suez or Panama Canals and be able to fully destroy them in a couple turns, right?

I however find the idea of doing so hilarious.

Edit: The FAQ should be updated from “any man-made structures” to “any player made structures” or something like that.

• Does Spain continue to receive recruitment rolls after the conclusion of the Spainish Civil War? Or are they stuck with only the units they had at the end of the war?

And, if they DO get to have recruitment rolls, are their colonies now counted for the recruitment roll? I’d imagine no, as that’s an almost guaranteed recruit every turn.

If Spain doesn’t recruit at all, feels like they just eaten by the USA for free once they get going into the war.

• @aldrahill said in The FAQ Thread:

Does Spain continue to receive recruitment rolls after the conclusion of the Spainish Civil War? Or are they stuck with only the units they had at the end of the war?

And, if they DO get to have recruitment rolls, are their colonies now counted for the recruitment roll? I’d imagine no, as that’s an almost guaranteed recruit every turn.

If Spain doesn’t recruit at all, feels like they just eaten by the USA for free once they get going into the war.

No, Spain does not continue to get recruitment rolls after the Civil War is over. The US has to pay $10 to invade a neutral Spain, just like any neutral minors. Spain may be one of the toughest to invade, but should you really expect them to be able to put up much fight against the USA? No, if the US decides to invade a minor power, they should steamroll it.

• Radar:
    When you get radar, you can now scramble unlimited from your airbases. Does this apply to your allies as well?
    For instance, if the UK has radar and the US has 4 fighters in London, as well as 2 UK fighters, what happens? Do they all get to scrabble? Or just 3 US and the UK ones? Just 3 of them?
    What are your thoughts?

• @trig said in The FAQ Thread:

bases. Does this apply to your allies as well?
    For instance, if the UK has radar and the US has 4 fighters in London, as well as 2 UK fighters, what happens? Do they all get to scrabble? Or just 3 US and the UK ones? Just 3 of them?

I think they can scramble all of them. Radar affects the air bases, not the fighters (in this capability)

• '20 '16

What, if anything, happens to Vichy France if Paris is liberated?

The Vichy reference sheet only says Vichy surrenders if Southern France is conquered.

• @captainnapalm Nothing currently.

• When France and British are aligned, if France declares war on Japan but Britain does not, can the British move a unit into a French land zone in the pacific and prevent Japan from attacking that land zone (French land zone with British unit) unless Japan declares war on the British?

• @mike141500 I believe so.
    The other option would be to have the UK unit move to the nearest friendly territory is attacked. (The same way Vichy works)

• @insanehoshi Canals are mentioned as part of facilities in an earlier section. (section 1?)
    So I say yes. Let the rioting commence.

• Abyssinian Alignment.

There seems to be a discrepancy in the rules:

• In 14.4.2 Vichy France Creation it states that all French Aligned Minor powers, align to Free France.
    • Third: On the Vichy France Reference Sheet it states "All French Controlled/Aligned Minor Powers (e.g. Abyssinia) become Aligned to Free French

I think this needs a FAQ/Eretta

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m