• 2024 2023 '22 '21

This rules is part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion.

The Carrier Based Fighter units bring new options to reinforce Naval Task Forces at decreased cost.

G40 Carrier Based Fighter Aircraft.pdf

• Interesting concepts, but I feel your use of carrier-borne aircraft is too limited as written. Naval aircraft are just as effective on land as they are at sea. The Marines used all the same aircraft types as the US Navy during WWII. In fact, they adopted the Corsair for service before the Navy. You may also want to look into the contributions of the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy as well as the use of naval aircraft in the Battle of the Atlantic.

• @crsluggo

Thanks for your comment:+1:

The limitations concerning US and Japanese Carrier Based Fighter Units is based on 3 grounds:

1. Players now have access to cheaper air units that are much needed due to the increased IPC values and number of combat units in the Pacific Theatre.
    2. Limitations in numbers, movement and landing options challenges the players in considering when to purchase regular fighter units instead of carrier based fighter units.
    3. When sea battle occurs, players now face crucial decisions whether or not to let their Carriers take a damage hit - considering carrier based fighters limitations in movement and landing options.

Right from the initial play testing the carrier based fighter units were designed to support Naval Combat and “Island Jumping” assault troops. We play tested several options in performance and production numbers. As the number of other specialized combat units gradually increased during the years of play testing, the rule now described is the final outcome.

When you play Axis & Allies Global 1940 with the complete G40 House Rules Expansion, of course you’ll get a much clearer picture of how all mechanisms work. And hopefully have tons of fun as well.

I would appreciate feedback when you play test the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion - and if you suggest something needs adjustment I would be happy to discuss it.

The overall goal is to learn more, find challenge - and have fun. All at the same time.

You’re right about carrier based fighters in The Atlantic.

As you’ll discover when we release the complete Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion rulebook these units are represented: UK Supermarine Seafire and German Me109T.

• All fair points. I look forward to your upcoming house rule releases!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m