Another dimension - Defender Retreats

• I have always found it odd that you can not voluntarily retreat your units, except for the attacker in A&A type games. To think one can not strategically in retreat on defense in battles does not make sense. I think Global War could change this paradigm and add a retreat section to the rules.

Has anybody come up with a rule set that could be incorporated into the game?

The question is how to retreat? There are some units like subs that forfeit their defense roll to submerge. Something like that could work along with some sort of penalties, i.e. forced attrition rolls for the defender. I like the way GMT incorporates retreat rules in their Pax Romana if anyone has ever played that. Great game by the way. Still pushing HBG to produced plastic for games like that.

Some ideas, Pre-Battle Withdrawal, Retreats during battle, first turn, second, etc. Penalties, attrition loses. Where you can retreat, I.e. not in mountain territories. How many sea and land zones one can retreat too.

Thanks in advance for your input.

• @manincellv
    Thread locked in favour of
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/36699/another-dimension-defender-retreats

Please avoid crossposting. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m