Spring Gathering/Origins/Gencon 2021 ?

• Hello everyone. This pandemic has certainly stalled many a FTF game, but hopefully this convention season will actually take place. If you do not participate on the Gencon forums, they recently sent out a survey on attendance, discussing ideas to have the convention safely. This may require masks or proof of vaccinations. As of yet, they do not know.

We know that some of the normal events are not going “as scheduled”.

Smorey Spring Gathering in KY- will not happen in the spring. Greg may hold the event in June, when Origins would have occurred, depending on the circumstances. If you are interested, I’d go to the smorey swamp for updates.

http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/index.html

Origins -in Columbus - they moved to October

Gencon - maybe online again in August. Hopefully in person.

Ive had no A&A for quite a while, so I’m hoping to attend one or more of these, even if online. Anyone else making plans to go? Or even attending the online gaming?

• @squirecam if you all wear your gas masks wwI style, should be good to go lol.
    Heh heh, sorry. Hope you guys get some gaming in.

• The summer gathering dates are official for June 25 and 26. I hope to see some of you there!

http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/spring-gathering.html

• The latest info for the event is below…

Gamers,

My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting out the update for the Spring, now Summer Gathering to you.

But it is official, June 25 & 26 in Wilder Ky. at Holiday Inn Express. It will be a full 2 day event. All day Friday and Saturday but with open gaming on those wanting to show up on Thursday night. Unfortunately, it will just be pick up games in the hotel lobby…

http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/spring-gathering.html

Unfortunately, I am still working on the event schedule, Hotel reservations for the event, price, registration, payment, etc. The one thing that is certain, I have reserved the room for the event at the Holiday Inn Express. The only thing that I have to work around is that the max. the number of people that can attend is 45 due to Covid restrictions in Ky.

Sorry for the delay in getting you this information. And I really can’t send out a full email until I have all the details ironed out…But hopefully this info finds you well and you will consider joining us.

Also, I still have not heard back from either GEN CON or Origins. So, I am still unsure of whether or not I will even be able to submit events and until I hear from one or the other, I will make a decision on which one I will be attending. Most likely GEN CON but still in a holding pattern…

Anyhow, that is where I am now and I hope to get you guys out more details very, very soon.

Peace,
    Greg

• @squirecam

Spring Gathering Attendees,

You are receiving this email because you have registered to be an attendee to this year’s Spring Gathering or have expressed an interest in attending.

For those coming from out of town and need a place to stay, of course since the event is at the Holiday Inn, they have agreed to give me the meeting rooms (2) at a reduced rate based on the fact that I reserve a block of rooms (10) in all at their rate. I am not asking you to stay at the Holiday Inn, but it would make things easier for you being in the same hotel. I have also made the block open for Thursday, Friday and Saturday Night.

Guests can make reservations either by calling the hotel directly at (859) 815-8855 and asking for the Greg Smorey Block or if you prefer to book online here’s the booking link:

Holiday Inn Express Welcomes the Greg Smorey Group

If by chance all my block of rooms fills up there are 2 other hotels close by. One right next door and one just a few minutes down the road. There are also many restaurants (McDonalds, Subway, Waffle House, Dairy Queen, Sports Bar, Mello Mushroom (pizza), Gold Star Chili and more), gas, movies next to the all 3 hotels. Also, if you are looking for someone to help share the cost of the hotel room, reach out to those that are looking at coming into town for the CON and see if anyone wants to go in on getting a room. I will send out a list of all players that have already registered and paid for the event in the next few days…currently we have 20 registrations with 4 still working on their plans…and still a lot of time so spread the word.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Peace,

Greg

• The latest…

AA Gamers,

I have been given the approval to submit events for GEN CON 2021. With that I need to begin generating events for everyone but need to know from you, whether or not you will be in attendance this year and if so, would you be interested in playing in any of the AA tournaments I typically run. I currently plan on running the Global '42, AA50 and 1942 2nd Ed tournaments. I am planning on staggering them so that anyone not playing in the G42 tourney, you can play in both the AA50 and 42 2nd Ed events.

I also plan on having the Axis & Allies War At Sea League and hopefully a few other WAS events. So, I need to get some feedback if anyone is interested in any of the other AA variants like Zombies, 1914 and the like. War Room is also a consideration but only if it appears that there is a demand for playing it.

I know this is going to be extremely hard for me to know in advance of how many may or may not attend and I have voiced my opinion to GEN CON about the same but if you do know, I would love to hear from you.

Also, due to the ORIGINS being just 11 days after GEN CON, I will not be able to attend ORIGINS in 2021.

The Spring Gathering is still on as well June 25 & 26 in Wilder, KY. http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/spring-gathering.html

If you have any questions, please let me know and thanks for your time and consideration.

Peace,
    Gregory J. Smorey – EO/GM

SmoreySwamp Axis & Allies Gamers

Axis & Allies and more… Event Organizer/Game Master

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m