• It may seem obvious, but can you rail militia? It says in 10.4 that “Air and Land units may noncombat move along rail lines any distance.” Would this apply to militia? They are land units, but with a move of one (mostly) they cannot noncombat move.

• Militia is also an infantry class land unit, so there is nothing preventing you from using your rail movements for militia, provided that you also follow the rule that they can only move within their Home Country (see rule 12.2 (Militia) and most NRS).

Remember that FEC does not have a Home Country (FEC v3.4).

Also remember that in the case of CCP and KMT, that their milita cannot be moved unless they become a major power (CCP and KMT v3.3).

Apart from maybe the USSR, there are not many useful options for railing milita, considering the limited size of most Home Countries.

• @noneshallpass Yes, that was my thought. Not that it is useful. I was somewhat hoping to be able to rail the hordes of Chinese militia.

• While we are on the topic:

• Can militia be air transported outside of home country as they are not the ones doing the moving?
    • Can controlled minor’s militia be moved?

• @insaneHoshi my first comment is why would you air transport militia, when you can probably build them at their destination? It would be a big waste of ressource.

While they are infantry class, I still think that the Home Country movement restrictions apply.

Remember that the definition in rule 12.2 is that they represent “various types of local or immobile defense forces”. Moving within Home Country is an exception.

As to minor powers, the same rule states that “Militia can only move within a Major Power’s Home Country”.

• @noneshallpass That makes sense. A concrete example, me as USSR having denmark which can only build 1 milita a turn, and using an air transport to send them one more since USSR had a veritable but-tonne from building 25 militia when they went to war. Or a less convoluted one: Getting the free militia from Tannu Tuva.

• '20 '16

As militia can only move IN home country, we play that they can be transported only if they start and end in home country. Your Tannu Tuva and Denmark examples would not be allowed, by this reasoning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m