[In defense of] AnA Classic...

• My thoughts on what separates Classic from the rest of the canon in a positive way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoZqqUr1p0&t=1s

Punchline:

1. its (still) the simplest version and therefore is more appealing to a wider audience
    2. the economic victory condition make for a game with high replayability
    3. its the only version that got tech “right”

• Thank you for posting your video. Two quick thoughts, worth what you paid for them:

1. Who said MB A&A (Milton Bradley (edition of) Axis & Allies) needed defending? Who was attacking it?
    2. Your link doesn’t go to your video, it goes to your home page. Your video is available from your home page, but I was expecting to go to your video. Up to you what to do with your new-found knowledge.

-Midnight_Reaper

P.S. I don’t watch anybody’s video without what I think is an extremely good reason. So I didn’t watch yours. Sorry. Next time, transcript or go home. :-)

• @midnight_reaper

Thanks for pointing out the link error, I have it fixed now.

“In defense of” is the title of the series of videos. As for point number one, its addressed in the first minute of the video.

(…and yes, that was intentionally troll ;) )

Good to hear from you Reaper.

• @the_good_captain said in [In defense of] AnA Classic...:

(…and yes, that was intentionally troll ;) )

As if I wasn’t trolling you ;-)

My point about transcripts still stands, though… :-p

-Midnight_Reaper

• @the_good_captain

rebuttal

Its not simpler than 1941, and the unit palette/detail rules in 1941/1942 are much more nuanced than nova/classic. Its mostly fun b/c its different and nostalgic.

You can impose a VC based on $ if you like, its a brilliant idea and its how the national tournament is played for many versions.

Tech is a diversion from the core game–the tech in classic is a joke. The point was to roll for your ass for heavy bombers (super op) after having built or retained a few. That’s lame.

In any event, tech is wonky in every edition. In over 100 games of G40 we’ve allowed it and never rolled for it or purchased it. AA50 is different. But in classic, the tech is so OP if you roll 6/6 it can hail mary you to victory

• @taamvan this seems to be more of a comment than a rebuttal but thanks for the post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m