• Would 3.3 in the rulebook mean for the KMT or CCP that if at least 3 territories with an IPP value are enemy occupied in China, then they would receive no VPs? Would hong kong be considered occupied if the FEC owned it? This makes it extremely difficult for either chinese faction to score any victory points. Would the objective cities count seperately from the NOs, as in if the KMT owned Nanking, could it be subtracted as a result of having enemy occupied territories worth at least 1 IPP like the NOs can? I am inclined to think the cities are awarded by alliance and not nation but i wanted to be sure. The same would apply to France/Free France(and Paris) if territories in France are still occupied, I am assuming. Any help or info would be appreciated, thanks.

• @JbuckBuddy said in Victory Objectives: Loss:

Would the objective cities count seperately from the NOs, as in if the KMT owned Nanking, could it be subtracted as a result of having enemy occupied territories worth at least 1 IPP like the NOs can? I am inclined to think the cities are awarded by alliance and not nation but i wanted to be sure. The same would apply to France/Free France(and Paris) if territories in France are still occupied, I am assuming. Any help or info would be

A couple points

1. The subtraction for VPs for occupied zones applies to Chinese Home Country, not continental china or any other definition.
    2. FEC occupying FEC would not subtract KMP VPs as FEC and KMT could never be considered enemies. This also means I think that if at the end of the game KMT and CCP are still at truce, they are not considered enemies either.
    3. I would also consider zones “occupied” by a surrendered japan to not be held by Enemies either, but this might be just personal on my part.

I would agree however that the rules as written seam to me that VPs for either chinese faction is very all or nothing; its going to be difficult for either faction to conquer some of the Japanese starting zones like Manchuria or Formosa as either faction.

For reference:

Enemy: Nations (and all their units, facilities and land zones) are enemies when they are at war with each other. (E.g. Germany and France are not “Enemies” until they are at war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m