• Firstly, new guy here. I’ve been lurker in the site for a few years, particularly in the customizations forum. Anyways, I’m looking at picking up Amerika by HBG and I’m trying to figure out what would be the best “full experience” purchase options to go with, i.e. which expansion sets to pick up and if its necessary to purchase extra base game pieces, what kind of “bling” makes the game better etc. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris

• @pyrix137 I thought Amerika was a stand alone board game?

• @insanehoshi said in Amerika- full experience?:

@pyrix137 I thought Amerika was a stand alone board game?

Amerika is a stand alone game. That said, HBG has about a million expansions for Amerika - some grand, some miniscule.

I am a fan of the Super Heavy Bomber expansions (B-36 Bombers, Silverbirds, and the rest: Target Amerika Bomber Projects).

But I think that there are two things to recommend you get if you want to really go for it. The first simple and cheap, the second anything but.

First: get more dice: Amerika Custom Dice: D12, 6 dice for $3. You will be rolling dice, why not make sure to get enough?

Second: Bring in the Heavies! This link takes you to all of the heavy attack units you could want: tanks, tank destroyers, fighters, and bombers. This is where to go to beef up your Amerika experience. The pieces are color coordinated, so make sure to get the right colors for your powers.

My 2 IPCs,

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m