[Global 1940] HELP PLEASE Axis and Allies Global Impasse

• My son and I are locked into a game of Axis and Allies Global. About 12 hours of gameplay so far.
    We need a question answering before we can continue.

In the Non Combat Movement phase, can a tank (which did not move or take any part in, the earlier Combat phase), now move two spaces to capture a nearby zone containing nothing but an enemy factory (thereby owning the factory and adding the IPC zone value to its income?)
    Bear in mind the zone which the single tank is passing through, was captured and cleared in the Combat phase AND the the destination zone (the one with the Factory in it) was cleared by planes in the Conduct Combat phase?

• @Axisarmpit No. The Non-combat phase is just that - for non-combat. Capturing a territory, though empty, is still considered combat.

• @AndrewAAGamer

Thanks for your unambiguous and clear reply.

Its a little more complicated. My son and I agreed some time ago that a non combat movement can take the form of an advance into empty enemy territory (the IPC value of the territory being a bonus) as long as the advancing piece was not involved during the Combat phase. There are several precedents in our game of this manoevre taking place. The sticking point is whether the presence of a factory makes this move illegal. I argue that its just a building!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Well it is your house rule so you decide what it means.

However, perhaps this might help… You cannot blitz through a territory in combat that has any infrastructure in it even though it is devoid of troops. The infrastructure blocks blitzing so a territory that contains infrastructure is not really considered empty. Hope that helps.

• @AndrewAAGamer

Im not blitzing through a territory with infrastructure, but I am entering a territory with infrastructure as part of my non contact move. Lots of gamers agree variations on their understanding of particular rules?
    I

• Topic moved to House Rules discussion.

• @Panther said in [Global 1940] HELP PLEASE Axis and Allies Global Impasse:

Topic moved to House Rules discussion.

Thanks Panther!

• @Axisarmpit said in [Global 1940] HELP PLEASE Axis and Allies Global Impasse:

Im not blitzing through a territory with infrastructure, but I am entering a territory with infrastructure as part of my non contact move. Lots of gamers agree variations on their understanding of particular rules?

Right. I understood you were not blitzing. I was using that as an example of logic. Please let me explain.

In your explanation of your House Rule you said “…a non combat movement can take the form of an advance into empty enemy territory…”. Your question then is a territory containing infrastructure empty or not? Therefore:

• An armor unit may blitz through empty enemy territories
    • An armor unit may not blitz through a territory containing infrastructure
    • Thus a territory containing infrastructure is not empty

Of course it is your House Rule so you can do anything you want but if you want to follow the logic of the game I would say you cannot advance into an enemy territory containing infrastructure during the Non-combat Phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m