Karl vs. Jason G39 [EXPERIMENTAL]

• @Argothair

Hmm, won’t let me post the game…

But here is the file. Check history to see what happened. Germany 12.tsvg

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Hmm, very clever – so that’s why you kept building jets! I gather that may be part of what you meant by ‘I’ll tell you my thoughts on infantry defending at 3 after the game.’ I suppose a huge stack of infantry and jets might be overpowered, given the stats I’ve assigned to everything. The infantry are very hard to wipe out, the jets can attack from far away, which protects them until it’s go time, and so you can do very well with a force of nothing but infantry and jets. Part of that is that I was shamelessly robbing Leningrad of defenders to go play in Poland and so on, and you called my bluff, but part of it may be the unit balance. I’ll have to think about it, and I’d value your thoughts, too.

More immediately, I think that forces a retreat to Moscow? I’m going to lose Norway, Lithuania, and Murmansk, so it’s not just that I’m down a factory, I’m down all of the income that used to fuel that factory. That means your stack in Leningrad has nothing stopping it from just marching on Moscow unless the South Russia stack moves north; I can’t build enough in Moscow to hold it without reinforcements. But if I abandon the South Russia factory then I lose the money territories in the south, too, so at that point I’m just bottled up in Moscow sniping at the Urals or Archangel or whatever. It’ll take a few turns, but it seems like that’s where it’s headed. The Japanese break through in Kazakh, after a couple of turns, too, unless I get quite lucky.

So I basically have to take Tokyo just to stay in the game, which is not…impossible, but it seems like an uphill battle. That’s my analysis. What’s yours?

• @Argothair

Agreed, but UK is putting real pressure on Western Europe too. My weakness on the western front is an opening.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7

I was watching Leningrad to see if there was an opening and there was. But I also got luck too.

Jets are basically the new bombers in this game, I figure. You could reduce range to make them more tactical. Super attack and defense but range 3?

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 12

TripleA Turn Summary for game: argo1939, version: 0.2.0

Game History

Round: 12

Activate Technology - Germans
            Trigger PenalizeJapaneseArtillery: Setting isMarine to -3 for unitAttachment attached to artillery

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 25 infantry and 1 jet; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 artillery, 1 flak and 32 infantry moved from Finland to Leningrad
            2 infantry moved from Prussia to West Baltic Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Denmark to West Baltic Sea Zone
            1 cruiser, 1 cutter, 1 destroyer, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from West Baltic Sea Zone to East Baltic Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from East Baltic Sea Zone to Leningrad
            3 jets moved from East Ukraine to Leningrad
            4 jets moved from Ruhr to Leningrad
            1 halftrack moved from Czechoslovakia to West Poland
            1 tank moved from West Ukraine to West Poland
            1 halftrack and 1 tank moved from West Ukraine to Warsaw
            4 infantry moved from Romania to South Ukraine
            1 tank moved from Bulgaria to South Ukraine
            2 infantry moved from Kiev to East Poland
            1 infantry moved from Kiev to East Poland
            1 jet moved from Kiev to East Poland
            2 infantry moved from South France to Bordeaux
            2 infantry moved from Ruhr to Benelux
            4 infantry moved from Ruhr to Benelux
            1 biplane and 4 jets moved from Ruhr to Benelux
            1 infantry moved from South France to Bordeaux
            1 halftrack and 1 tank moved from West Ukraine to East Poland
            1 halftrack moved from West Ukraine to Warsaw
            1 halftrack moved from West Ukraine to East Poland

Combat - Germans
            British scrambles 1 units out of Normandy to defend against the attack in Bordeaux
            British scrambles 1 units out of English Channel Sea Zone to defend against the attack in Benelux
            Battle in Warsaw
                Germans attack with 2 halftracks and 1 tank
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 halftracks and 1 tank in Warsaw, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Warsaw, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 halftrack owned by the Germans lost in Warsaw
                Germans win, taking Warsaw from Russians with 1 halftrack and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is -2
                Casualties for Germans: 1 halftrack
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Bordeaux
                Germans attack with 3 infantry
                British defend with 1 artillery and 1 interceptor
                    Germans roll dice for 3 infantry in Bordeaux, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 interceptor in Bordeaux, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Bordeaux
                1 infantry owned by the Germans retreated to South France
                British win with 1 artillery and 1 interceptor remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
            Battle in South Ukraine
                Germans attack with 4 infantry and 1 tank
                Russians defend with 1 halftrack and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 4 infantry and 1 tank in South Ukraine, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 halftrack and 1 infantry in South Ukraine, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 halftrack owned by the Russians lost in South Ukraine
                Germans win, taking South Ukraine from Russians with 3 infantry and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 1 halftrack and 1 infantry
            Battle in East Poland
                Germans attack with 2 halftracks, 3 infantry, 1 jet and 1 tank
                Russians defend with 1 halftrack and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 halftracks, 3 infantry, 1 jet and 1 tank in East Poland, round 2 : 2/7 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 halftrack and 1 infantry in East Poland, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 halftrack owned by the Russians lost in East Poland
                Germans win, taking East Poland from Russians with 2 halftracks, 2 infantry, 1 jet and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                Casualties for Russians: 1 halftrack and 1 infantry
            Air Battle in Leningrad
                Germans attacks with 8 units heading to Leningrad
                Russians launches 4 interceptors out of Leningrad
                    Attackers Fire,  : 3/8 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Defenders Fire,  : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 bomber owned by the Russians and 2 flaks owned by the Russians lost in Leningrad
                Air Battle is over, neither side is eliminated
            Air Battle in Benelux
                Germans attacks with 5 units heading to Benelux
                British launches 1 interceptors out of Benelux
                    Attackers Fire,  : 1/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Defenders Fire,  : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 biplane owned by the Germans lost in Benelux
                    1 interceptor owned by the British lost in Benelux
                Air Battle is over, the defenders have all died
            Battle in West Poland
                Germans attack with 1 halftrack and 1 tank
                    Germans roll dice for 1 halftrack and 1 tank in West Poland, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in West Poland, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 halftrack owned by the Germans lost in West Poland
                Germans win, taking West Poland from Russians with 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is -2
                Casualties for Germans: 1 halftrack
            Battle in Benelux
                Germans attack with 6 infantry and 4 jets
                British defend with 6 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 6 infantry and 4 jets in Benelux, round 2 : 5/10 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 6 infantry in Benelux, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Germans and 5 infantry owned by the British lost in Benelux
                    Germans roll dice for 3 infantry and 4 jets in Benelux, round 3 : 3/7 hits, 3.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Benelux, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Benelux
                Germans win, taking Benelux from British with 2 infantry and 4 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 4 infantry
                Casualties for British: 6 infantry
            Battle in Leningrad
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 flak, 35 infantry and 7 jets
                Russians defend with 4 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 bunkers, 1 factory and 18 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 cruiser in Leningrad, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 flak, 35 infantry and 7 jets in Leningrad, round 2 : 11/44 hits, 12.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 4 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 bunkers and 18 infantry in Leningrad, round 2 : 9/25 hits, 11.83 expected hits
                    6 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 bomber owned by the Russians, 4 artilleries owned by the Russians and 9 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Leningrad
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 flak, 26 infantry and 7 jets in Leningrad, round 3 : 14/35 hits, 10.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 bunkers and 12 infantry in Leningrad, round 3 : 2/14 hits, 7.33 expected hits
                    12 infantry owned by the Russians, 2 bunkers owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Leningrad
                Germans converts factory into different units
                Germans win, taking Leningrad from Russians with 1 artillery, 1 flak, 24 infantry and 7 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 57
                Casualties for Germans: 11 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 4 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 bunkers and 18 infantry
            Moving scrambled unit from Bordeaux back to originating territory: Normandy

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 jet moved from East Poland to East Ukraine
            3 jets moved from Leningrad to East Ukraine
            4 jets moved from Leningrad to Finland
            4 jets moved from Benelux to Ruhr

Place Units - Germans
            11 infantry and 1 jet placed in Ruhr
            4 infantry placed in Finland
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Kiev
            3 infantry placed in South France
            4 infantry placed in Romania
            1 infantry placed in Prussia

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 86 PUs (4 lost to blockades); end with 86 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Defenders Fire,  : -0.17
    Attackers Fire,  : 0.00
    Russians regular : -7.17
    Germans regular : 3.33
    British regular : 1.83

Savegame

@Karl7

huh, got it to post now

Yeah, that’s fair. The range is hard to get right – the biplanes are supposed to be primitive, so they need a short range. Historically, interceptors had a short range because they went so fast in order to chase down and destroy enemy aircraft – lots of mph, not so much mpg. The jets might need a short range because they are so powerful. So that leaves what, just the strategic bombers as the only non-short-range aircraft? I’m not in love with it. I wonder if I need a sixth aircraft type; I hope not.

I could maybe cut the jet range down from 6 to 4? Jets were longer-range than biplanes, for sure.

While we’re talking about unit design, I also feel like the game is missing a high-defense option. The BBs defend at 4, and the bunkers defend at 4, but you can’t build bunkers. So I could let people build bunkers? But some people hate that, they say it makes the game too static.

I don’t know that the western front is really all that weak – I had to give the Ruhr a high IPC value to make Germany competitive, but that also means that the Ruhr is pretty easy to defend, as long as you keep building infantry there. You’ll be rich in a couple of turns, so I don’t think you’ll run out of infantry. Britain is slowly losing income as Africa slips into Italian hands and India goes Japanese, so they don’t have the money to put more than their current ~12 troops per turn into western Europe, and I think Germany can defend against that without too much trouble. 8 units in Ruhr, 3 units in S. France, and honestly that’s enough to hold for essentially the whole game, although you could always send in a mech now and then to keep it totally even.

I edited the code to fix the canals, so now in the new version you can get from North Sea <-> Baltic Sea if you own either Denmark or Norway. I think that would put more pressure on Germany because then they have to worry about defending their Baltic Sea fleet, defending Prussia, etc. I don’t know if that’s good or bad; Germany didn’t seem totally overpowered.

I’ll play a couple more turns, but I suspect you’ve won. Again, I’m having a lot of fun – thanks for giving it a try!

• @Argothair

Yeah taking back france flipped those territories in North Africa. Would be cool if you had an option button to liberate a capitol or not.

If USA could punch through algeria it would be able to stuff Italy

Oh, that’s really clever. I might actually be able to code that; I’ll investigate. Good idea!

Cause yeah, liberating france was a huge unforced error on my part. Would have totally changed the game.

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 12

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 3 artilleries, 1 barracks, 1 biplane, 2 halftracks, 7 infantry and 1 tank; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 biplane moved from Belarus to South Russia
            1 halftrack moved from Karelia to South Russia
            1 infantry moved from Central Russia to Karelia
            1 artillery moved from Karelia to Central Russia
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kazakh to Qinghai
            1 bomber moved from Moscow to Qinghai
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Volga to Kazakh
            1 biplane moved from Magadan to Yakutsk
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Omsk to Yakutsk
            1 jeep moved from Moscow to Kazakh
            1 halftrack and 2 jeeps moved from Moscow to South Russia
            1 biplane moved from Scotland to Archangel

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Qinghai
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry
                Japanese defend with 2 jeeps
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 jeeps in Qinghai, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 jeep owned by the Japanese lost in Qinghai
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 jeep in Qinghai, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 jeep owned by the Japanese lost in Qinghai
                Russians win, taking Qinghai from Japanese with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 jeeps

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 bomber moved from Qinghai to Moscow

Place Units - Russians
            1 barracks placed in Urals
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in South Russia
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Omsk
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Volga
            1 biplane, 2 halftracks, 2 infantry and 1 tank placed in Moscow

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 55 PUs; end with 55 PUs

Japanese regular : -0.50
    Russians regular : 0.67

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 12

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 biplane, 1 carrier, 3 destroyers, 9 infantry and 1 interceptor; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            3 jeeps moved from Ningxia to Qinghai
            1 artillery and 18 infantry moved from Buryatia to Amur
            2 infantry moved from Heilongjiang to Buryatia
            1 tank moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 jeep moved from Manchuria to Amur

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Amur
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank in Amur, round 2 : 4/21 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Amur, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Amur
                Japanese win, taking Amur from Russians with 1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Qinghai
                Japanese attack with 3 jeeps
                Russians defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 jeeps in Qinghai, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 jeep owned by the Japanese lost in Qinghai
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 jeeps in Qinghai, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 jeeps in Qinghai, round 4 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 jeeps in Qinghai, round 5 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 jeeps in Qinghai, round 6 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Qinghai, round 6 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 jeep owned by the Japanese lost in Qinghai
                Japanese win, taking Qinghai from Russians with 1 jeep remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Japanese: 2 jeeps
                Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            2 infantry moved from Hubei to Yunnan
            1 halftrack moved from Yunnan to Siam
            1 infantry moved from Siam to Malaya
            2 artilleries moved from Indochina to Siam
            2 tanks moved from Yunnan to Siam
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from East India to Burma
            1 infantry moved from West India to Calcutta
            2 destroyers, 1 submersible and 3 transports moved from Yellow Sea Zone to Tsushima Sea Zone
            2 artilleries moved from Korea to Heilongjiang
            2 biplanes moved from South Japan to Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 jet moved from South Japan to Tokyo
            1 commando moved from South Japan to Tokyo
            1 submersible moved from Tsushima Sea Zone to Yellow Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier and 3 destroyers placed in Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 biplane and 1 interceptor placed in Tokyo
            Japanese undo move 1.
            3 infantry placed in Tokyo
            1 carrier and 3 destroyers placed in Tsushima Sea Zone
            3 infantry placed in Manchuria
            3 infantry placed in Malaya
            Japanese undo move 4.
            3 infantry placed in Shanghai

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 76 PUs; end with 76 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Yellow Sea Zone: 1 submersible
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Osaka Sea Zone: 1 submersible
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Korea: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Heilongjiang: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Japanese regular : -2.17
    Russians regular : -1.33

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: British round 12

Game History

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 1 artillery, 1 barracks, 1 bomber, 1 commando, 13 infantry, 1 interceptor and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            1 infantry moved from West England to English Channel Sea Zone
            1 cutter and 1 infantry moved from English Channel Sea Zone to North Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from North Sea Zone to Denmark
            1 artillery moved from Bordeaux to South France
            1 biplane, 1 halftrack, 1 interceptor and 1 tank moved from Normandy to South France
            1 artillery, 1 flak and 2 infantry moved from Normandy to Bordeaux
            1 flak moved from London to English Channel Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from London to English Channel Sea Zone
            1 flak and 1 transport moved from English Channel Sea Zone to Norwegian Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from English Channel Sea Zone to Norwegian Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from North England to Norwegian Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from English Channel Sea Zone to Norwegian Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from North England to Norwegian Sea Zone
            1 commando and 1 infantry moved from West England to English Channel Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from London to English Channel Sea Zone
            1 commando moved from London to English Channel Sea Zone
            2 commandos and 2 infantry moved from English Channel Sea Zone to Benelux
            1 biplane moved from London to Benelux
            1 artillery, 1 flak, 4 infantry and 3 transports moved from Norwegian Sea Zone to English Channel Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Quebec to Labrador Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Ottawa to Quebec
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from Labrador Sea Zone to Biscay Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Borneo to Banda Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Borneo to Banda Sea Zone
            1 commando moved from Java to Indian Sea Zone 4
            1 infantry moved from Java to Indian Sea Zone 4
            1 transport moved from Bengal Sea Zone to Indian Sea Zone 4
            1 artillery moved from Java to Indian Sea Zone 4
            1 infantry moved from Java to Indian Sea Zone 4
            1 infantry moved from Borneo to Malacca Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Sumatra to Bengal Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 commando, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from Indian Sea Zone 4 to Bengal Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Banda Sea Zone to Bengal Sea Zone
            3 artilleries, 1 biplane, 1 commando and 4 infantry moved from Bengal Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 infantry moved from Malacca Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 infantry moved from Hainan to Sulu Sea Zone
            1 cutter and 1 infantry moved from Sulu Sea Zone to Malacca Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Malacca Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 biplane moved from New South Wales to West Australia
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Coral Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 infantry moved from Sydney to New South Wales
            1 infantry moved from New Guinea to Papua
            1 infantry moved from Queensland to Coral Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Queensland to North Australia
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from Coral Sea Zone to Banda Sea Zone

Combat - British
            Battle in Denmark
            Battle in Benelux
                British attack with 1 biplane, 2 commandos and 2 infantry
                Germans defend with 2 infantry
                    British roll dice for 2 battleships and 1 cruiser in Benelux, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Benelux
                British win, taking Denmark from Germans, taking Benelux from Germans with 1 biplane, 2 commandos and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
            Battle in South France
                British attack with 1 artillery, 1 biplane, 1 halftrack, 1 interceptor and 1 tank
                Germans defend with 1 barracks and 4 infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 biplane, 1 halftrack, 1 interceptor and 1 tank in South France, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 4 infantry in South France, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 halftrack owned by the British and 1 biplane owned by the British lost in South France
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 interceptor and 1 tank in South France, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry in South France, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 interceptor owned by the British lost in South France
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 tank in South France, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in South France, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in South France
                Some non-combat units are destroyed: 
                British win, taking South France from Germans with 1 artillery and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is -11
                Casualties for British: 1 biplane, 1 halftrack and 1 interceptor
            Battle in Malaya
                British attack with 3 artilleries, 1 biplane, 1 commando and 6 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 barracks and 5 infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship in Malaya, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Malaya
                    British roll dice for 3 artilleries, 1 biplane, 1 commando and 6 infantry in Malaya, round 2 : 2/11 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 infantry in Malaya, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 3 infantry owned by the British lost in Malaya
                    British roll dice for 3 artilleries, 1 biplane, 1 commando and 3 infantry in Malaya, round 3 : 3/8 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Malaya, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 artillery owned by the British lost in Malaya
                Some non-combat units are destroyed: 
                British win, taking Malaya from Japanese with 2 artilleries, 1 biplane, 1 commando and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Japanese: 5 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - British
            1 biplane moved from Malaya to Bengal Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Banda Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 destroyer moved from Bengal Sea Zone to Banda Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from West Africa to Central Africa
            1 infantry moved from Morocco to West Africa
            2 infantry moved from Biscay Sea Zone to Bordeaux
            1 artillery, 1 flak and 4 infantry moved from English Channel Sea Zone to Normandy
            1 biplane moved from Benelux to English Channel Sea Zone

Place Units - British
            1 barracks placed in Bordeaux
            3 infantry placed in South Africa
            1 commando and 2 infantry placed in Java
            1 interceptor placed in English Channel Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in West England
            1 bomber and 3 infantry placed in London
            1 transport placed in Coral Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in New South Wales
            2 infantry placed in North England

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 90 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 90 PUs

Japanese regular : 1.00
    Germans regular : -0.50
    British regular : 1.33

Savegame

All right, third time’s the charm. British finally got into Malaya, although whether they can keep it is an open question. And maybe there is some pressure on the Western Front after all.

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 12

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 artillery, 8 infantry, 3 jeeps and 1 jet; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Non Combat Move - Italians
            7 artilleries, 2 biplanes and 3 infantry moved from Rhodesia to Mozambique
            1 jeep moved from Sudan to Mozambique
            3 jeeps moved from Egypt to Mozambique
            1 bomber moved from Egypt to Mozambique
            2 jets moved from Rome to Mozambique
            2 tanks moved from Algeria to Mediterranean Sea Zone 4
            1 tank moved from Algeria to Mediterranean Sea Zone 4
            3 tanks and 3 transports moved from Mediterranean Sea Zone 4 to Mediterranean Sea Zone 8
            3 tanks moved from Mediterranean Sea Zone 8 to Palestine
            1 commando moved from Syria to Palestine

Place Units - Italians
            3 jeeps placed in Egypt
            3 infantry placed in Algeria
            2 infantry and 1 jet placed in Rome
            1 artillery placed in Tunis
            3 infantry placed in North Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 55 PUs; end with 55 PUs

Savegame

• @Argothair

Yeah, France ain’t looking good. Got to get some of those americans in there!

TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 12

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Chinese buy nothing; Remaining resources: 7 PUs; 

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 0 PUs; end with 7 PUs

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 13

Game History

Round: 13

Activate Technology - Germans
            Trigger PenalizeJapaneseArtillery: Setting isMarine to -3 for unitAttachment attached to artillery

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 biplane, 13 infantry, 5 jeeps and 1 jet; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            3 infantry moved from Finland to Norway
            2 infantry moved from Maginot to South France
            2 infantry moved from Paris to South France
            5 infantry moved from Ruhr to Benelux
            3 jets moved from Ruhr to Benelux
            4 infantry moved from Ruhr to Argonne
            2 jets moved from Ruhr to Argonne
            1 transport moved from East Baltic Sea Zone to West Baltic Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Prussia to West Baltic Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from West Baltic Sea Zone to Denmark
            1 cruiser moved from East Baltic Sea Zone to West Baltic Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from East Poland to Lithuania
            1 infantry moved from East Poland to Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Murmansk
            1 infantry moved from Leningrad to Murmansk
            1 artillery, 1 flak and 23 infantry moved from Leningrad to Karelia
            1 jet moved from Finland to Norway
            1 jet moved from Finland to Murmansk
            1 tank moved from West Poland to Lithuania
            2 infantry moved from East Ukraine to Caucasus
            2 infantry moved from East Ukraine to West Russia
            1 jet moved from East Ukraine to Caucasus
            1 jet moved from East Ukraine to West Russia
            2 halftracks and 1 tank moved from East Poland to Belarus
            1 halftrack moved from Warsaw to Belarus
            1 tank moved from Warsaw to Belarus
            1 tank moved from South Ukraine to East Poland
            1 jet moved from East Ukraine to West Russia
            1 jet moved from Finland to Denmark
            1 jet moved from Finland to Argonne
            1 jet moved from Argonne to South France
            1 jet moved from Argonne to South France
            1 jet moved from East Ukraine to Norway

Combat - Germans
            Battle in South France
                Germans attack with 4 infantry and 2 jets
                British defend with 1 artillery and 1 tank
                    Germans roll dice for 4 infantry and 2 jets in South France, round 2 : 4/6 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 tank in South France, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 tank owned by the British and 1 artillery owned by the British lost in South France
                Germans win, taking South France from British with 2 infantry and 2 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 1 tank
            Battle in Murmansk
                Germans attack with 2 infantry and 1 jet
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry and 1 jet in Murmansk, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Murmansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Murmansk
                Germans win, taking Murmansk from Russians with 1 infantry and 1 jet remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Argonne
                Germans attack with 4 infantry and 1 jet
                British defend with 3 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 4 infantry and 1 jet in Argonne, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 3 infantry in Argonne, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Argonne
                    Germans roll dice for 4 infantry and 1 jet in Argonne, round 3 : 0/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Argonne, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Argonne
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry and 1 jet in Argonne, round 4 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Argonne, round 4 : 2/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Argonne
                1 jet owned by the Germans retreated
                British win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Karelia
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 flak and 23 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 flak and 23 infantry in Karelia, round 2 : 7/25 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Karelia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Karelia
                Germans win, taking Karelia from Russians with 1 artillery, 1 flak and 22 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Norway
                Germans attack with 3 infantry and 2 jets
                Russians defend with 1 halftrack and 1 tank
                    Germans roll dice for 3 infantry and 2 jets in Norway, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 halftrack and 1 tank in Norway, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 tank owned by the Russians lost in Norway
                    Germans roll dice for 3 infantry and 2 jets in Norway, round 3 : 3/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 halftrack in Norway, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 halftrack owned by the Russians lost in Norway
                Germans win, taking Norway from Russians with 3 infantry and 2 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 11
                Casualties for Russians: 1 halftrack and 1 tank
            Battle in Benelux
                Germans attack with 5 infantry and 3 jets
                British defend with 2 commandos and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 5 infantry and 3 jets in Benelux, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 commandos and 2 infantry in Benelux, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Germans, 2 commandos owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Benelux
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry and 3 jets in Benelux, round 3 : 4/5 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Benelux, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Benelux
                Germans win, taking Benelux from British with 1 infantry and 3 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for British: 2 commandos and 2 infantry
            Battle in Denmark
                Germans attack with 1 infantry and 1 jet
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 cruiser in Denmark, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Denmark
                Germans win, taking Denmark from British with 1 infantry and 1 jet remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in West Russia
                Germans attack with 2 infantry and 2 jets
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry and 2 jets in West Russia, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in West Russia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in West Russia
                Germans win, taking West Russia from Russians with 2 infantry and 2 jets remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Belarus
                Germans attack with 3 halftracks, 1 infantry and 2 tanks
                    Germans roll dice for 3 halftracks, 1 infantry and 2 tanks in Belarus, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Belarus
                Germans win, taking Belarus from Russians with 3 halftracks, 1 infantry and 2 tanks remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Lithuania
                Germans attack with 1 infantry and 1 tank
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry and 1 tank in Lithuania, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Lithuania, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Lithuania
                Germans win, taking Lithuania from Russians with 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Caucasus
                Germans attack with 2 infantry and 1 jet
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry and 1 jet in Caucasus, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
                Germans win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 1 infantry and 1 jet remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0

Non Combat Move - Germans
            3 jets moved from Benelux to Ruhr
            1 jet moved from Argonne to Ruhr
            2 jets moved from South France to Ruhr
            1 jet moved from Denmark to Ruhr
            2 jets moved from Norway to Ruhr
            1 jet moved from Murmansk to Leningrad
            2 jets moved from West Russia to East Ukraine
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Kiev to East Ukraine
            3 infantry moved from South Ukraine to East Ukraine
            1 jet moved from Caucasus to East Ukraine
            4 infantry moved from Romania to South Ukraine
            1 cutter, 1 destroyer and 1 transport moved from East Baltic Sea Zone to West Baltic Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            3 jeeps placed in Leningrad
            2 infantry and 2 jeeps placed in Finland
            3 infantry placed in Kiev
            2 infantry placed in Prussia
            1 biplane, 6 infantry and 1 jet placed in Ruhr

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 102 PUs (4 lost to blockades); end with 102 PUs

Russians regular : -0.33
    Germans regular : 5.33
    British regular : 3.67

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 13

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 1 artillery and 17 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 jeep moved from South Russia to Caucasus
            1 infantry moved from South Russia to Caucasus
            1 biplane moved from South Russia to Caucasus
            1 artillery, 2 infantry and 1 jeep moved from Kazakh to Qinghai
            1 infantry moved from Omsk to Irkutsk
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Omsk to Yakutsk
            1 bomber moved from Moscow to Finland
            6 artilleries, 8 halftracks, 9 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank moved from South Russia to Central Russia
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Volga to East Russia
            1 biplane moved from Archangel to Central Russia
            1 biplane, 2 halftracks, 2 infantry and 1 tank moved from Moscow to Central Russia

Combat - Russians
            Strategic bombing raid in Finland
                Bombing raid in Finland rolls: 5 and costs: 4 PUs.
                Bombing raid costs 4 PUs
            Battle in Qinghai
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 1 jeep
                Japanese defend with 1 jeep
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 1 jeep in Qinghai, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 jeep in Qinghai, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 jeep owned by the Japanese lost in Qinghai
                Russians win, taking Qinghai from Japanese with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 jeep remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 jeep
            Battle in Caucasus
                Russians attack with 1 biplane, 1 infantry and 1 jeep
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 biplane, 1 infantry and 1 jeep in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 jeep owned by the Russians lost in Caucasus
                Russians win, taking Caucasus from Germans with 1 biplane and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -2
                Casualties for Russians: 1 jeep
            Cleaning up after air battles

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 biplane moved from Caucasus to Central Russia
            1 bomber moved from Finland to Moscow

Place Units - Russians
            2 infantry placed in South Russia
            3 infantry placed in Omsk
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Volga
            6 infantry placed in Moscow
            4 infantry placed in Urals

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 42 PUs; end with 42 PUs

Japanese regular : 0.83
    Germans regular : 0.50
    Russians regular : -0.00

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 13

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 2 barrackss, 12 infantry, 1 interceptor and 2 submersibles; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 destroyer moved from Tsushima Sea Zone to Yellow Sea Zone
            1 biplane moved from Tokyo to Yellow Sea Zone
            2 biplanes moved from Tsushima Sea Zone to Yellow Sea Zone
            1 commando moved from Tokyo to Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Tokyo to Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 commando, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Tsushima Sea Zone to Kuril Sea Zone
            1 commando and 1 infantry moved from Kuril Sea Zone to Sakhalin
            1 jet moved from Tokyo to Sakhalin
            1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank moved from Amur to Irkutsk

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Yellow Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 3 biplanes and 1 destroyer
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 biplanes and 1 destroyer in Yellow Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in Yellow Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in Yellow Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Yellow Sea Zone from Neutral with 3 biplanes and 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Sakhalin
                Japanese attack with 1 commando, 1 infantry and 1 jet
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 commando, 1 infantry and 1 jet in Sakhalin, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Sakhalin, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Sakhalin
                Japanese win, taking Sakhalin from Russians with 1 commando, 1 infantry and 1 jet remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Irkutsk
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 18 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank in Irkutsk, round 2 : 5/21 hits, 4.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Irkutsk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Irkutsk
                Japanese win, taking Irkutsk from Russians with 1 artillery, 17 infantry, 1 jeep and 1 tank remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Buryatia to Amur
            2 infantry moved from Yunnan to Henan
            2 artilleries, 1 halftrack and 2 tanks moved from Siam to Burma
            1 biplane moved from Yellow Sea Zone to South Japan
            2 biplanes moved from Yellow Sea Zone to Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 jet moved from Sakhalin to Tokyo

Place Units - Japanese
            1 barracks placed in Yunnan
            2 submersibles placed in Tsushima Sea Zone
            1 interceptor placed in Tokyo
            3 infantry placed in Manchuria
            2 infantry placed in Korea
            1 barracks placed in Chongqing
            2 infantry placed in Shanghai
            2 infantry placed in Tokyo
            1 infantry placed in Tokyo
            1 infantry placed in Korea
            1 infantry placed in Manchuria
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Chongqing: 1 barracks
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to South Japan: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Calcutta: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Manchuria: 1 artillery
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 72 PUs; end with 72 PUs

Americans regular : -0.50
    Japanese regular : 3.83
    Russians regular : 0.00

Savegame

@Karl7

FYI, I bought an extra barracks by accident. I turned into men/art, if ok.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m