• Hello,

In this expansion, the v3 rules mention that:

2.1 Soviet-Japanese Border Clashes: The USSR and Manchukuo may take Northern Manchuria and Chita from one another during border clashes without being at war.”

My first question is do these battle still take place under the normal border clash rules, taken from Japan v3.4 or USSR v3.3 National Reference Sheets, namely “Either side may attack units on the other side of a jointly held land border in 1 round of combat but all units must start in an adjacent zone (aircraft may not be brought in from different zones)”?

The mention of border clashes in rule 2.1 above would suggest to me that these restrictions do apply, but it’s hard to wipeout any significant defence in a single round.

My second question is what happens to the USSR’s peacetime income if Japan takes Chita before the USSR is at wartime income? USSR stats at 8 IPP but controls much more territory value. Does it go down one IPP for the loss of Chita or is this loss compensated by the other territories that USSR still holds? I don’t believe that this is covered by the rules.

Lastly, what does “Like a Torpedo Boat Destroyed” mean under the stats for the River Patrol Boat on page 5. Is this a typo? Did they mean that RPBs have the same stats as Torpedo Boat Destroyers on can be represented by TBDs instead of the Patrol Boat blue marker?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I think the only difference in border clash rules between the standard game and the expansion is that in the expansion both sides may take either Northern Manchuria or Chita from the other (as well as the Mongolian portion). The rest of the rules in that regard should remain the same I believe. Meaning yes, it’s just one round of combat each time. I don’t think it’s supposed to be “easy” to take the territory from each other!

To your second question, I guess I’m not too sure. My guess is that you would not lose 1 IPP a turn if that happened. I think until you reach wartime income, you can’t get less than what you have. But I wouldn’t call that answer official.

I think the TBD part is just a typo. I think that’s just showing they have the same stats (except cost/build ability). I’m sure a TBD could be a great substitute to use in your games, though you’d probably want to be sure they can be shown to be different in the sense that .you don’t accidentally move it in open water thinking it’s a TBD or something!

• What are these “puppets” you speak of? Manchukuo should have stayed after the war left as an independent state. That would have stopped current China in her tracks

• @Imperious-Leader Are you in the right forum? The title is the name of the expansion for the Global War game. Not a personal political statement…

• I saw the word puppet and took offense. It should read Manchuko- The great history of a great nation that lives forever!

• @Imperious-Leader said in Manchuko-Puppets of the Empire:

I saw the word puppet and took offense. It should read Manchuko- The great history of a great nation that lives forever!

So u clowning or what ? Which spelling is correct and u got proof ?

• Not clowns…puppets. Stay on point

• @Imperious-Leader said in Manchuko-Puppets of the Empire:

Not clowns…puppets. Stay on point

Sorry bub, there’s Clown Puppets too !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m