Pejon_88 (X) vs. Simon33 (Allies+16), 3rd game

• 2023 '22

@simon33 Got you!

Game History

Round: 13

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 destroyers, 3 fighters and 9 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kweichow
                  Japanese take Kweichow from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Korea to Amur
                  Japanese take Amur from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Chahar
                  Japanese take Chahar from Chinese
            4 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Korea to 6 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from Korea to 6 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            4 artilleries, 1 battleship, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 4 fighters, 6 infantry, 1 marine, 4 tactical_bombers and 5 transports moved from 6 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            4 artilleries, 6 infantry and 1 marine moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands

Combat - Japanese
            Japanese creates battle in territory 17 Sea Zone
            Battle in Hawaiian Islands
                Japanese attack with 4 artilleries, 6 infantry and 1 marine
                Americans defend with 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Hawaiian Islands, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Hawaiian Islands
                Japanese win, taking 17 Sea Zone from ANZAC, taking Hawaiian Islands from Americans with 4 artilleries, 6 infantry and 1 marine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 26 Sea Zone: 3 tactical_bombers
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            3 fighters moved from Japan to 26 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Manchuria to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
            2 armour moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            6 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            3 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to 36 Sea Zone
            4 infantry and 3 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Malaya to 37 Sea Zone
            6 infantry and 3 transports moved from 37 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            6 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 10 carriers and 6 submarines moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 9 artilleries and 29 infantry moved from West India to India
            1 destroyer moved from 17 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 36 Sea Zone to India
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 36 Sea Zone to India
            6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 35 Sea Zone: 3 tactical_bombers
            1 destroyer placed in 39 Sea Zone
            2 fighters placed in India
            3 infantry placed in Malaya
            3 infantry placed in French Indo China
            3 infantry placed in Korea
            2 destroyers placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Japan
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 62 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 65 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 75 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : -0,67
    Japanese regular : 0,33

autosaveBeforeEndTurn.tsvg

• '19 '17 '16

@pejon_88 said in Pejon_88 (X) vs. Simon33 (Allies+16), 3rd game:

@simon33 Got you!

Oh bother. I may have forgotten a blocker there. Perhaps I’m missing something, but I don’t think so.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, result posted. Not a good feeling, think I should have won that one.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 The “got you” was meant as a comment that I understood how you posted your turn and not as a result of your forgotten blocker, sorry about the misunderstanding.

I see you already posted the result, but I am inclined especially since you allowed the late changes with Germany some turns ago to let you adjust. What’s your thoughts on this?

• '19 '17 '16

It is normally frowned upon to unwind rolled dice. I guess that battle isn’t exactly decided on dice though.

So you would re-do the Japanese turn with an ANZAC DD in SZ25? Are you sure?

• 2023 '22

@simon33 I am a little divided. On one hand we can argue that it is a no brainer move to put it there, on the other hand it is part of the game to actually do the move hehe. My philosophy is generally to be forgiving since I usually get the same response from other players, you included obviously. I know how I personally would feel if I made a mistake like that so yeah sure I will redo Japan.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 I have been struggling with my conscience over the past days about re-doing Japan… I know I said I would do so, but having looked at the map again for the first time since I played them last, it is a really hard decision since it would probably greatly affect my ranking next year. So would it for you of course. Last thing I want to create here is any bad blood for the future, everything else is secondary in my opinion. I agree that Allies seem to have started getting a grip on things, but anything could probably happen going forward from here.

Anyway, I just now came up with a solution that is kind of a win-win in this case. What do think we say it is a draw that does not gets recorded (don’t know if that is allowed?). We could leave it at that or do a re-game for example?

• '19 '17 '16

Yeah, I am happy with a draw for this game.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 Ok, then let’s decide on that! I think that is fair. Think our games are intense! Re-match BM3 or PTV?

• '19 '17 '16

Appreciate your sportsmanship on that one, beyond the call of duty, I think.

I’d prefer PTV but bid for Axis?

I’ll start at 16.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 yeah, guess it was a mix of of things that made it quite reasonable to call it a draw.

I have limited experience with PTV, never played Allies for one haha, so I don’t know what a reasonable bid is? Are you saying that Axis needs a bid in PTV?

• '19 '17 '16

A substantial one. I’m currently playing Adam514 with him playing Axis+4 and feel like I am winning. May well be wrong though!

• 2023 '22

@simon33 Wow ok. Playing Wizmark right now with him Allies+6. But if you say so! How do we know for sure. Maybe ask these guys? @Adam514 @regularkid do you have any advice?

• '19 '17 '16

They don’t really agree with me.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 Ok. Axis +10

• '19 '17 '16

Axis are yours.

• '19 '17

@simon33 Axis have the income advantage already in our game.

• 2023 '22

@simon33 Game setup in a new thread.

• '19 '17 '16

@adam514 said in Pejon_88 (X) vs. Simon33 (Allies+16), 3rd game:

@simon33 Axis have the income advantage already in our game.

Yeah, was thinking that there must be something. Last Japanese turn the Axis extended a fair bit. With the units I lost early, should really be a loss.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m