• Anyone know where I can find the A&A Europe map? I have the first game and I also have the World at War variant by Xeno Games. I don’t have the map anymore, but found a pretty good on the net that I’m working on making larger. I’d just like to see what the map from the Europe game looks like. Any help is appreciated. Thanks very much.

Regards,
    Jeff

• The Avalon Hill map you mean?

http://www.aaemc.net

• On 2001-12-01 08:11, Yanny wrote:
    The Avalon Hill map you mean?

http://www.aaemc.net

Are there more than just the above one that you mentioned? Thanks a lot for the reply.

Regards,
    Jeff

• '19 Moderator

Xeno Games has a Europe expansion that came out before the A/H version.

How are you enlarging the map? I am doing the same thing. I down loaded it and changed it to a bmp file, so that I could cut off some of the boxes and possibly modify the colors. I have printed it in black and white, well more like shades of grey. The one I printed is three feet tall and about five feet long, which is the size of our game table. It will be prety damn cool when I’m done.

• You said:
    Xeno Games has a Europe expansion that came out before the A/H version.
    –--------------------------

Is this map available?

You said:
    How are you enlarging the map? I am doing the same thing. I down loaded it and changed it to a bmp file, so that I could cut off some of the boxes and possibly modify the colors. I have printed it in black and white, well more like shades of grey. The one I printed is three feet tall and about five feet long, which is the size of our game table. It will be prety damn cool when I’m done.

Ahhhh, now THAT’s the size I’d like! What I’ve been doing is checking out different maps and playing around with their size I have converted all of them to bmp files after sizing them with Photoshop. It allows you to stretch it to size which is a real handy feature. I make them all 16 color so the resolution isn’t all that good, but I’m going to take a black marker and pretty up the edges a bit once I’ve printed it out. The size I seem to have the most of is
    5437 x 5000. I like a really big play area. If this is too big, I may trim it down a bit. I also take the off the country names, IPC values and control marker icons so all I have left is a blank colored map. I’ve done a smaller one by printing it out and taping the sections together. Works really well. I just have to figure a way to get this map on a piece of wood that is big enough to hold the map full size, that I can fold and that is light enough to store for easy play. Ply wood is pretty much out of the question as it’s heavy. I may use the back of a piece of panelling. If anyone else has any suggestions, I’m open for anything. I’ve been wanting a bigger A&A board for years.

Regards,
    Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: mogath on 2001-12-03 10:04 ]

• '19 Moderator

I haven’t seen the Europe @ War map available for down load, but I’ve heard it is good.

As for a back ground for your map, I’ve been studing on that a bit and I think Ive come up with a solution for me. I am going to atachit directly to our game table. I have a folding table that I am going to remove the top of and replace with a piece of plywood the same size as my map. If I need to take it some where I’ll fold it up and slide it in to my truck.

• On 2001-12-06 14:09, dezrtfish wrote:
    I haven’t seen the Europe @ War map available for down load, but I’ve heard it is good.

As for a back ground for your map, I’ve been studing on that a bit and I think Ive come up with a solution for me. I am going to atachit directly to our game table. I have a folding table that I am going to remove the top of and replace with a piece of plywood the same size as my map. If I need to take it some where I’ll fold it up and slide it in to my truck.

I printed out the map that I mentioned in a previous post. It’s about 6’ wide by 5’ high. It came out to forty 8 1/2 sheets. I’m gonna cut it and tape it together in a few days. All I have to do to it then is put the country labels and ipc values on it. I laid it out on my living toom floor and I gotta tell ya, I can’t WAIT to use it. I just may mount it to the back of a piece of panelling and see how that comes out. I EVENTUALLY would like to paint one on a 6’ X 5’ piece of 1/4" plywood.

Regards,
    Jeff

• '19 Moderator

I am a work for a company doing mechanical design on AutoCAD so I can print full size sheets up to 36 inches wide In black and white, actualy is more varrying shades of grey. This way I can develop the perfect map and then have a reprograghics company print it on one sheet.

• On 2001-12-07 14:34, dezrtfish wrote:
    I am a work for a company doing mechanical design on AutoCAD so I can print full size sheets up to 36 inches wide In black and white, actualy is more varrying shades of grey. This way I can develop the perfect map and then have a reprograghics company print it on one sheet.

Aw man that’s beautiful!! Mine came out pretty good, but I’d rather have one sheet like you. Maybe even two sheets. This way you could mount it onto something that could fold in half. I’m still flirting with the idea of painting it onto some sort of wood. I’m really leaning toward a piece of panelling. I just want to get the one I printed out put together. Hopefully in a few days it will be.

Regards,
    Jeff

• hi guys

i´m searching extremly long for the europe map for axies & alies (pc-game) but i can´t find it. where can i get the map ?? so that i can play A&A (on pc) with the europe map…

can someone help me !!!

if someone has the map … send it please to me … (burner-scl@gmx.de) or send me an link where i can get the map… thx 4 help

• tight

• I increaase the size of my map using photo shop. I forget the actual size, but it was about six feet long. I then divided up some of the land and sea units into smaller units. This will increase game play and the time. I did all this in photo shop. I then burnt it to CD and to it to Kinkos. They have a supper large color printer. I printed the whole thing and they laminated it to. Of course it cost me about $40 bucks, but it was worth it. I know have a real clean and clear color map with almost 1/2 more spaces and is 6 feet long by 4 feet (i think) and is laminated. I can use a dry erase pen on it if I want to and roll it up and take it anywhere. I also use a 6 large page claps (you can get them at any office supply store) and clap it to any table.
    This is the only way to go!!!
    You could make all kinds of maps.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m