• Hey y’all,

I have a question about the Latin America at War expansion. On page 5 it states:

At the start of each calendar year (before the German player begins his turn), roll a D12 and implement the result on the random events table below (Table LAW-3.1).

My question is this: Do I roll for an event every turn, or do I roll starting on turn 2, January 1937, and then every other turn from there on?

I know this question may seem stupid, but due to the rule books and expansions having small errors (for example on the Japanese reference sheet in the 1936 setup a Heavy Cruiser is said to be on position 3 which is impossible, and so I would have to assume it’s on position 2), I feel like I need to clarify. I ask so I can play the expansion as intended.

Thanks for any help,

MrGoatCheese

• '18 '17 '16

Based on my understanding of the Global War game mechanics, when there is a reference to a “calendar year”, they mean 1937, 1938, 1939, etc. If the rules direct you to take an action before the German turn each calendar year, then you would do that prior to the January turn each year.
    There are a number of similar directions in the GW-14 game where you take some sort of action once every 3 turns due to the 3 turns per calendar year timeline the game uses.

• @GeneralHandGrenade

Thank you for your help! I don’t think I’ve seen a “calendar year” time restriction yet so I just wanted to make sure.

• '18 '17 '16

You’re welcome.
    In some ways GW-14 is the next evolution of V-3 as far as development. Almost all of the game mechanics are transferred from one game to another. As we are play testing and developing it we are constantly referring to the rulebook for 36 for how to resolve situations/rules in the game and then copy and pasting them into the 14 rulebook. It is a different game for a different time period though so much of it is new. I wouldn’t be surprised if more of the concepts in it are transferred to the next edition of 36 and/or some of the expansions. I’ve been looking at these rules for quite a while now and I didn’t realize that it wasn’t in any of the other rulesets until this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m