Defenders Should be able to retreat!!!

• '22 '21

Re: Defenders being able to retreat? Here’s my house rule without breaking the game/If Low Luck odds determines that in the next Combat round of attack the Defender would be wiped out, then the Defender gets to retreat but has to leave 1 unit (Excluding AA guns, Transports) behind to cover the retreat(That Left behind unit does not fire back and is automatically destroyed)! The Defender Still gets to fire before retreating and retreats to One Adjacent territory/seazone currently not under Combat, those retreated unit Do not participate in any Combat nor reinforce newly captured TERRITORIES Until the NEXT New Round! I always hated that Defenders don’t get the option of retreat like the Attacker could, but only to fight to the death in which is very unrealistic in warfare- if playing G40, this rule comes into effect in Round 2 of the game!!!

• But retreating defenders do not fire back in the round. This is an accurate trade off for this type of game. So in battle, you say 3 infantry will remain, 3 tanks will retreat. The attacker fires and gets 4 hits. The 3 defending Infantry fire and score 1 hit. One attacking unit is lost and 3 defending infantry die, and 1 tank dies=4 hits.

On the same token the attacker should be allowed to decide to partially continue, meaning he has a force of 4 infantry and 6 tanks. He can decide in round 2 that he wants only 1 tank and 3 infantry to attack. the rest must retreat back to any of the areas they came from. This is fair too if you employ such a system.

• @Imperious-Leader In my House Rule system by the time the defenders qualifies to retreat, they wouldn’t have much to retreat with because they would have to wait until the Attacker’s Combined Dice dictates the Low Luck odds would Wipe them out in the Next round of combat- the Retreating units would be very minimal, but at least they wouldn’t be totally destroyed and get to fight on for later!

• Your not giving the attacker equal protection. Defender can partially retreat and Attacker cant? Ridiculous.

• @Imperious-Leader Not as ridiculous as the OOB rule for Only the Attacker given the option of retreat but the defender gets to be Wiped out with no recourse- at least with my proposal the Defender can get away with maybe a few units, a number small enough not to wreck the game!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m