wheatbeer (Axis) vs LennardF (Allies +23) BM3

• '17

I see part of the problem … the save is literally an empty file … 0 bytes.

• '17

I still have the game open … do you want to call OOL and see if there’s a usable save at the end of the turn or do you want me to do the turn over and make sure that mid-turn saves actually work.

• '17

Gonna try to post the mid combat phase save again.

• '17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Japanese round 6

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 artilleries, 1 carrier, 2 destroyers, 3 infantry, 1 marine, 2 mech_infantrys and 4 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Alaska to British Columbia
                  Japanese take British Columbia from British
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Japan to 45 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Kiangsu to 45 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Philippines to 45 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Philippines to 45 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to 45 Sea Zone
            2 battleships, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers and 5 submarines moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 38 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 45 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 9 fighters, 5 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 6 submarines and 2 transports; ANZAC defend with 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 3 submarines
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 submarines in 45 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Japanese regular : 0.33

Savegame

• '17

The save file is empty again

• That’s weird. Did you start with forum play or did you preview the turn in solo play, save the file and start again from that saved file (although even that won’t give you a zero byte file).

Go ahead and take a hit on BS, AC and then subs, destroyers, cruisers, AC, BS.

• '17

No, if I want to look at the game in solo mode (Start Local Game) I do that entirely seperate and close it before I do my real turn. Because TripleA was so finicky when trying to start this game, I usually have everything closed, login to forum, open map as Play by Forum, then proceed.

• '17

What should we do if the save doesn’t work at the end of this turn?

• '17

I usually load the game direct off the link in the thread, if that makes a difference.

• Yeah, “shouldn’t” make a difference. Sometimes I save locally and upload from there - that would let you see if the file save was the problem or if it was the upload/forum that was the issue.

Go ahead and run the battle locally and we can take it from there.

• '17

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 artilleries, 1 carrier, 2 destroyers, 3 infantry, 1 marine, 2 mech_infantrys and 4 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Alaska to British Columbia
                  Japanese take British Columbia from British
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Japan to 45 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Kiangsu to 45 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Philippines to 45 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Philippines to 45 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to 45 Sea Zone
            2 battleships, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers and 5 submarines moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 38 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 45 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 9 fighters, 5 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 6 submarines and 2 transports; ANZAC defend with 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 3 submarines
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 submarines in 45 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 9 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 45 Sea Zone, round 2 : 15/26 hits, 14.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 9 submarines in 45 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                Units damaged: 2 battleships owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 3 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 4 fighters and 2 transports in 45 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/15 hits, 7.17 expected hits
                    6 submarines owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Americans, 2 destroyers owned by the ANZAC, 2 carriers owned by the Americans, 2 submarines owned by the Japanese and 3 submarines owned by the ANZAC lost in 45 Sea Zone
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 submarines in 45 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 9 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 45 Sea Zone, round 3 : 17/26 hits, 14.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 4 fighters and 2 transports in 45 Sea Zone, round 3 : 6/10 hits, 5.50 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the ANZAC, 2 cruisers owned by the Americans, 2 destroyers owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese, 3 submarines owned by the Japanese, 4 fighters owned by the Americans, 2 transports owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans lost in 45 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 2 battleships, 4 bombers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 7 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 178
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 5 submarines
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 3 submarines
                Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 6 submarines and 2 transports
            Trigger Japanese Land In North America: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_Axis_Land_In_North_America_Switch attached to Germans

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            3 tactical_bombers moved from 45 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter moved from 45 Sea Zone to Philippines
            2 carriers moved from 35 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            4 bombers moved from 45 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 destroyer moved from 5 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 45 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 45 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            2 armour moved from Kweichow to French Indo China
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kweichow to French Indo China
            1 armour moved from Hunan to French Indo China
            1 mech_infantry moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Manchuria to French Indo China
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Kwangsi to French Indo China
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Tsinghai
            1 artillery moved from Tsinghai to Shensi
            1 aaGun moved from Anhwe to Kiangsu
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Japan
            1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Guam to 21 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 21 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to French Indo China

Place Units - Japanese
            1 marine placed in French Indo China
            1 transport placed in 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery placed in French Indo China
            1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Kiangsu
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry placed in Japan
            1 carrier, 2 destroyers and 3 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 1 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,5
            Japanese collect 68 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 68 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : -4.17
    Japanese regular : 2.00

Savegame

• '17

If you did not receive the dice rolls, or would prefer that I redo the turn, I will do that.

• '17

I don’t want you to feel there’s any question, especially since that’s a big battle and Allies underperformed.

I’m not sure if tripleA is finicky about saving mid turn or specificly between submarine rolls and non-submarine rolls.

• No worries, I think we can call it here. Thanks for the game.

• '17

I was going to explicitly offer you the ability to redo your naval NCM in the Pacific when I saw US massed on SZ45 … but I wasn’t sure if this was a counterattack strategy or what.

I hate for games to end because of a single mistake … so let me know if you want to consider loading your Russian save and adjusting your Pacific naval NCM.

• '17

Like if I see a player forget about a canopener and leaves Berlin or Tokyo wide open by accident, I will usually say something.

When I saw you placed 8 Russian infantry in Bryansk, I figured you liked counter-attack style play (and were willing to risk losing Moscow to kill off Italian can-openers … and if the canopener succeed and Moscow fell, that you’d still get to destroy expensive German tanks).

I thought it was possible that SZ45 could be a similar gambit … forced Japan to choose betwee Shan State and SZ45 … though I’m guessing you didn’t fully realize how much air could reach SZ45.

• '17

If you’re interested in resetting to R6 and redoing your naval NCM in the Pacific, please let me know.

• '17

(R6 being the end save for Russia turn 6)

• No, trust me, if this was close and I saw a path to victory then I’d happily take you up on it. Thanks again for the game.

• '17

Thanks to you as well … let me know if you want a rematch.

If not, I wish you luck with your other games :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m