• How often do the Allies lose? They start out with more income and own more countries. Based on this, they should always win, right?

• Official Q&A

While the Allies do have more income, the Axis starts with more forces on the board. The Axis must quickly leverage this force advantage into an income advantage by gaining territory in order to win.

• @Du-Bist-Toten I believe this game (the first edition of Spring 1942) is one of the most balanced Axis & Allies games. Axis has a very small advantage in term of winning probability. One of the few Axis & Allies games you can actually play at good levels without bidding.

• The Axis has a swift, decisive game plan - take away enough of the Allies territory before the Allies can mobilize their greater resources to smash in the might of the Axis.

The Allies play a long game - keep just enough territory to turn time and resources into a military mighty enough to smash the Axis to bits.

The players most capable of carrying out their side’s strategy should win (baring odd dice results, of course).

My 2 IPCs,

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Krieghund said in Shouldn't Allies always win?:

While the Allies do have more income, the Axis starts with more forces on the board. The Axis must quickly leverage this force advantage into an income advantage by gaining territory in order to win.

Actually, I believe this is not true. Allies start with more production, more saved certificates (same as the production, as usual), more units value and more units number.

However, the Allies advantage in production and certificates is much more pronunced than the Allies advantage in units value and number. So, I’d agree that the Allies have a comparate advantage in production and the Axis a comparate advantage in starting forces (even though the Axis has an absolute disadvantage in both).

• If Russia is aggressive in its first move, all things considered, it’s game over for the Axis. It’s why I favor a house rule that forces the USA to spend a certain amount of money in the Pacific Theater-and units purchased can only be used in that theater of operations…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m