• It is. I’m really glad you are playing through. Very gracious of you and we are learning some things that may help us down the road.

• 2023 '20

@Stough
    Yeah. The end game is very different than the early and mid. I didn’t think the allies would last this long. Can clearly see the result of the lack of commitment i had for the allies now. I have got to pick one strategy and commit.

• Sticking with the Spain strategy would have been bold. I was really scratching my head over that one. When you activated France, I was like , “Praise Zeuss”.

Also, although it may not have had any impact on the game, if you had taken Kwangtung, and then both Kiansi and Kwagsi at the same time, I would have been hard pressed to get it back.

• The reason the Allies lasted so long was you played it so well after/ a bit before, Moscow fell.

Also, it took me that long to get my tanks down to Cairo.

I was also surprised that you didn’t swing your fleet into the med, into SZ92, protect the fleet as best you could, and then reinforce Cairo with 10 guys. I’m not sure what I could have done to stop it; for at least one drop.

You just did a fantastic job at slapping me around and not allowing me to go 100% for Cairo.

• 2023 '20

I debated wether it was better to reinforce cairo or to open second front via spain. And really seesawed back and forth about liberating france, but if i allowed even 1 turn for you to reenforce with g and italy i knew i’d never take it. And it was easier to get a lot of forces to spain /france, cairo would have been a oneway mission.
    I should have retreated from moscow. Would have tied up more of your forces chasing that army around

• Absolutely . Retreating the Russians to the Caucasus is the move I tried to set up in each of our games when I played the Allies. I just didn’t have the skills yet to do it.

It’s not optimal, but it seems to me, if everything else is cracking, that moving the Russian stack there and linking up with enough UK forces, prevents Cairo for a long ass time.

What can be done in other theaters while that stalemate is in effect is the question that I wanted to answer in our games.

The stack is so large that Japan can’t do much with it coming out of India.

This is also why I split off Russians to China. It blocks the Japanese and if Germany splits off forces to hit the Russo-Chinese stack from behind, that leaves them weaker in the Caucasus. And hopefully they can push back or pop around the German stack.

The Caspian Sea presents some possibilities. He can’t blow into NW Persia without having enough of a block in Turkmenistan.

My question; in the above scenario- is whether this means a going for Japan or Germany with the US is the best strategy.

I really like the visual of a Russian/Chinese stack pressing in China, with a big UK fleet in the Indian Ocean, a big Anzac US fleet off of Australia and a US Fleet in Hawaii/Carolines. But I don’t know if that is really the way to go.

If if Japan gets bullied back to their home islands; does that relieve enough pressure to turn on Germany effectively enough to beat them? I’m not experienced enough to answer that question.

What I do know is when the US can get a sustainable IC on any continent, it can be absolutely game changing.

• 2023 '20

I would think, in the above scenario, it would be better to go after G with the us. Not 100%, but maybe 65%? Because if you lost moscow, and the russian army is being used to block a cairo advance, germany has the $$ to eventually push through, or go after london. Too many turns focusing on japan would not produce a win - the time to get american forces into play in europe after a big push in the pac is too much, and germany would have plenty of money and IC’s to push on cairo and threaten london, against a 30ipc UK and a russian army that can only shrink.

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 17

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 17

Combat Move - Russians

Turn Complete - Russians

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Japanese round 17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 bombers, 1 infantry, 3 tactical_bombers and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Malaya to 37 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
            2 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Japan to 21 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 21 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 35 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to Borneo
            4 tactical_bombers moved from 35 Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 infantry moved from Mozambique to Union of South Africa
                  Japanese take Union of South Africa from British
            1 armour moved from Mozambique to Kenya
                  Japanese take Tanganyika Territory from British
                  Japanese take Kenya from British
            1 infantry moved from Mozambique to Rhodesia
                  Japanese take Rhodesia from British
            1 carrier moved from 72 Sea Zone to 71 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Mozambique to 71 Sea Zone

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 17

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 bombers, 1 infantry, 3 tactical_bombers and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
            2 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Japan to 21 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 21 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to Borneo
            4 tactical_bombers moved from 35 Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 infantry moved from Mozambique to Union of South Africa
                  Japanese take Union of South Africa from British
            1 armour moved from Mozambique to Kenya
                  Japanese take Tanganyika Territory from British
                  Japanese take Kenya from British
            1 infantry moved from Mozambique to Rhodesia
                  Japanese take Rhodesia from British
            1 carrier moved from 72 Sea Zone to 71 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Mozambique to 71 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Sumatra
            Battle in Celebes
            Battle in Borneo
                Japanese attack with 4 fighters, 2 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 armour and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 fighters, 2 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers in Borneo, round 2 : 3/10 hits, 5.00 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Borneo, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the ANZAC and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Borneo
                Japanese win, taking Sumatra from ANZAC, taking Celebes from Americans, taking Borneo from ANZAC with 4 fighters, 2 infantry and 4 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 armour and 1 infantry
            Battle in 20 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 20 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 20 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 20 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 20 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in 71 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 bomber and 1 carrier
                French defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 carrier in 71 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 destroyer in 71 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the French lost in 71 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 71 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 bomber and 1 carrier remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for French: 1 destroyer
            Battle in 34 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                ANZAC defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the ANZAC and 1 submarine owned by the Japanese lost in 34 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 submarine
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 destroyer
            Battle in 21 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                ANZAC defend with 1 cruiser
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 21 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 21 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 cruiser in 21 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the ANZAC lost in 21 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 cruiser

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Mozambique to 72 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 72 Sea Zone to 70 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 70 Sea Zone to Angola
                  Japanese take Angola from Neutral_True
            1 fighter moved from 72 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 aaGun, 8 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 3 infantry, 18 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Iraq to Trans-Jordan
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Persia to Trans-Jordan
            1 artillery moved from Persia to Iraq
            3 armour moved from Turkey to Trans-Jordan
            2 mech_infantrys moved from West India to Persia
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Kwangtung
            1 artillery moved from Kiangsi to Kwangtung
            1 armour moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
            1 mech_infantry moved from Kwangsi to Hunan
            2 fighters moved from 20 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 20 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from 21 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 21 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 34 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 34 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            4 fighters moved from Borneo to 35 Sea Zone
            4 tactical_bombers moved from Borneo to 35 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 37 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 80 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 bomber moved from 71 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to Trans-Jordan

Place Units - Japanese
            1 infantry placed in Malaya
            1 transport placed in 39 Sea Zone
            3 tactical_bombers placed in Persia
            3 bombers placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 14
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 19 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,6,1,6,5,5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 1 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,3,6,3,2,5,6,2
            Japanese collect 76 PUs (14 lost to blockades); end with 76 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 81 PUs

Americans regular : -0.33
    French regular : -0.33
    Japanese regular : -2.17
    ANZAC regular : -0.67

Savegame

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 17

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 4 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            3 submarines moved from 19 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                  Americans take 19 Sea Zone from Japanese
            1 submarine moved from 22 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 6 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            3 bombers moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 101 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from 104 Sea Zone to Spain
            1 artillery moved from 104 Sea Zone to Spain

Combat - Americans
            Americans creates battle in territory 6 Sea Zone
            Japanese scrambles 2 units out of Philippines to defend against the attack in 35 Sea Zone
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 cruiser owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 4
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 cruiser owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 4
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 battleship owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5,4
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 10 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship, 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters, 9 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
                    Americans roll dice for 10 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/10 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 3 carriers owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 17/25 hits, 13.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 5 carriers owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese roll dice for 9 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 20/34 hits, 16.83 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    6 submarines owned by the Americans, 3 destroyers owned by the Americans, 3 carriers owned by the Japanese, 9 submarines owned by the Japanese and 5 carriers owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 4 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 14/22 hits, 12.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 18/31 hits, 15.83 expected hits
                    4 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 4 submarines owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Americans, 5 carriers owned by the Japanese, 4 destroyers owned by the Japanese, 2 carriers owned by the Americans and 9 fighters owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 2 carriers, 2 cruisers, 1 fighter and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 4 : 9/12 hits, 6.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 10 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 4 : 9/17 hits, 10.17 expected hits
                    3 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 3 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 4 tactical_bombers owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese, 2 carriers owned by the Americans and 2 cruisers owned by the Japanese lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 35 Sea Zone, round 5 : 4/7 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 7 fighters in 35 Sea Zone, round 5 : 4/8 hits, 5.33 expected hits
                    4 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 1 bomber owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 6 : 2/3 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 3 fighters in 35 Sea Zone, round 6 : 4/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Japanese, 2 bombers owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 6 Sea Zone from Japanese with 1 battleship and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -48
                Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 10 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for Japanese: 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 10 fighters, 9 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
            Battle in Spain
                Americans attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour and 1 factory_minor
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Spain, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour in Spain, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Spain
                Americans win, taking Spain from Germans with 1 artillery and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour
                1 fighter owned by the Japanese forced to land in Philippines

Non Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Alaska from Japanese to Americans
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Alaska: 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from British Columbia: 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 submarine moved from 1 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Eastern United States
            4 submarines placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 6
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 10 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,3
            Americans collect 53 PUs (6 lost to blockades); end with 53 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 63 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs

Americans regular : 8.50
    Japanese regular : 2.67
    Germans regular : -0.50

Savegame

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: UK_Pacific round 17

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 4 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            3 submarines moved from 19 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                  Americans take 19 Sea Zone from Japanese
            1 submarine moved from 22 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 6 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers moved from 33 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            3 bombers moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 101 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from 104 Sea Zone to Spain
            1 artillery moved from 104 Sea Zone to Spain

Combat - Americans
            Americans creates battle in territory 6 Sea Zone
            Japanese scrambles 2 units out of Philippines to defend against the attack in 35 Sea Zone
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 battleship owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5,4
            Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 10 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship, 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters, 9 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
                    Americans roll dice for 10 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/10 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 3 carriers owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 17/25 hits, 13.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 5 carriers owned by the Japanese
                    Japanese roll dice for 9 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 20/34 hits, 16.83 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    6 submarines owned by the Americans, 3 destroyers owned by the Americans, 3 carriers owned by the Japanese, 9 submarines owned by the Japanese and 5 carriers owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 4 submarines in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 10 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 14/22 hits, 12.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 11 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 18/31 hits, 15.83 expected hits
                    4 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 4 submarines owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Americans, 5 carriers owned by the Japanese, 4 destroyers owned by the Japanese, 2 carriers owned by the Americans and 9 fighters owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 2 carriers, 2 cruisers, 1 fighter and 5 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 4 : 9/12 hits, 6.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, 10 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 4 : 9/17 hits, 10.17 expected hits
                    3 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese, 3 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 4 tactical_bombers owned by the Americans, 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese, 2 carriers owned by the Americans and 2 cruisers owned by the Japanese lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 35 Sea Zone, round 5 : 4/7 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 7 fighters in 35 Sea Zone, round 5 : 4/8 hits, 5.33 expected hits
                    4 fighters owned by the Japanese, 1 cruiser owned by the Americans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 1 bomber owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 bombers in 35 Sea Zone, round 6 : 2/3 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 3 fighters in 35 Sea Zone, round 6 : 4/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Japanese, 2 bombers owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 6 Sea Zone from Japanese with 1 battleship and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -48
                Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 3 bombers, 9 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 10 fighters, 10 submarines and 5 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for Japanese: 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 10 fighters, 9 submarines and 7 tactical_bombers
            Battle in Spain
                Americans attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour and 1 factory_minor
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Spain, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour in Spain, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Germans lost in Spain
                Americans win, taking Spain from Germans with 1 artillery and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour
                1 fighter owned by the Japanese forced to land in Philippines

Non Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Alaska from Japanese to Americans
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Alaska: 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from British Columbia: 1 mech_infantry
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands
            1 submarine moved from 1 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
            2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Eastern United States
            4 submarines placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 6
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 10 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,3
            Americans collect 53 PUs (6 lost to blockades); end with 53 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 63 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
            Chinese buy nothing; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese

Combat - Chinese

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 0 PUs; end with 5 PUs

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 3 fighters; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            2 infantry moved from Alexandria to Egypt

Non Combat Move - British

Place Units - British
            3 fighters placed in Egypt

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 22 PUs; end with 24 PUs

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific

Americans regular : 8.50
    Japanese regular : 2.67
    Germans regular : -0.50

Savegame

• Phenomenal carnage in the Philippine Sea. My 6 Kamikaze guys were awful.

The Horror. The Horror.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Italians round 17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 5 armour; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            4 armour moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            2 armour moved from France to Spain
            3 mech_infantrys moved from France to Spain
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Alexandria
            1 armour moved from 98 Sea Zone to Alexandria
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 94 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 94 Sea Zone to Tunisia
            1 infantry moved from 94 Sea Zone to Tunisia
            2 armour, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 97 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            1 infantry moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            1 armour moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            1 infantry moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk

Savegame

• My stuff froze up , s I need to run the battles again.
    I’ll keep the original results
    Spain: 1 Italian Armour
    Alexandria: 1 Armour
    Tobruk: 2 Armour , 1 inf in Tobruk

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Italians round 17

Game History

Combat Move - Italians
            2 armour moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            2 infantry moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Tunisia
            Battle in Tobruk
                Italians attack with 2 armour and 2 infantry
                French defend with 2 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Tobruk
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 4 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Tobruk
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour in Tobruk, round 5 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French lost in Tobruk
                Italians win, taking Tunisia from French, taking Tobruk from French with 2 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Italians: 2 infantry
                Casualties for French: 2 infantry
            Battle in Alexandria
                Italians attack with 1 armour and 1 infantry
                French defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Alexandria
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French and 1 armour owned by the Italians lost in Alexandria
                British win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Italians: 1 armour and 1 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 infantry
            Battle in Spain
                Italians attack with 2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys
                Americans defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys in Spain, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Spain, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    2 mech_infantrys owned by the Italians and 3 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Spain
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Spain, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Spain, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Italians and 1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Spain
                Italians win, taking Spain from Americans with 2 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Italians: 3 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Spain: 1 armour
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Alexandria from British to Italians
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Tobruk: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Alexandria: 1 armour
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Syria
            2 armour moved from Caucasus to Syria
            1 destroyer moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from France to Northern Italy
            1 mech_infantry moved from Iraq to Trans-Jordan

Place Units - Italians
            5 armour placed in Northern Italy

Americans regular : 1.33
    French regular : 0.00
    Italians regular : -2.67
    British regular : 0.67

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 17

Game History

Combat Move - Italians
            2 armour moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk
            2 infantry moved from 96 Sea Zone to Tobruk

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Tunisia
            Battle in Tobruk
                Italians attack with 2 armour and 2 infantry
                French defend with 2 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 2 infantry in Tobruk, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Tobruk
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 4 : 0/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Tobruk
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour in Tobruk, round 5 : 1/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 infantry in Tobruk, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French lost in Tobruk
                Italians win, taking Tunisia from French, taking Tobruk from French with 2 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Italians: 2 infantry
                Casualties for French: 2 infantry
            Battle in Alexandria
                Italians attack with 1 armour and 1 infantry
                French defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour and 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Alexandria
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Alexandria, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Alexandria, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French and 1 armour owned by the Italians lost in Alexandria
                British win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Italians: 1 armour and 1 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 infantry
            Battle in Spain
                Italians attack with 2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys
                Americans defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys in Spain, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Spain, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    2 mech_infantrys owned by the Italians and 3 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Spain
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Spain, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Spain, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Italians and 1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Spain
                Italians win, taking Spain from Americans with 2 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Italians: 3 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Spain: 1 armour
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Alexandria from British to Italians
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Tobruk: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Alexandria: 1 armour
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Syria
            2 armour moved from Caucasus to Syria
            1 destroyer moved from 95 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from France to Northern Italy
            1 mech_infantry moved from Iraq to Trans-Jordan

Place Units - Italians
            5 armour placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 27 PUs; end with 27 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 32 PUs

Americans regular : 1.33
    French regular : 0.00
    Italians regular : -2.67
    British regular : 0.67

Savegame

• We still playing?

• 2023 '20

@Stough
    Oh yes. Just a bit behind. First snow storm coming in this weekend, and i am wholly unprepared.
    I’ll get on it about 9 eastern time tonight.

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: ANZAC round 17

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 mech_infantry moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter moved from 33 Sea Zone to Philippines
            1 fighter moved from 33 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 35 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 44 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone

Combat - ANZAC
            Japanese scrambles 1 units out of Philippines to defend against the attack in 35 Sea Zone
            Battle in 43 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 1 submarine
                Japanese defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 43 Sea Zone
                ANZAC win, taking 43 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
            Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 1 fighter
                Japanese defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 44 Sea Zone
                ANZAC win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                ANZAC attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                Japanese defend with 1 battleship and 1 fighter
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 submarine in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 transport in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter in 35 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 1 submarine owned by the ANZAC lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 transport in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 fighter in 35 Sea Zone, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 35 Sea Zone
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC and 1 mech_infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Philippines
                Japanese win with 1 battleship and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -33
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 1 transport
            Battle in Philippines
                ANZAC attack with 1 fighter
                Japanese defend with 1 airfield and 1 harbour
                ANZAC win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -7
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
            Moving scrambled unit from 35 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Philippines

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 fighter could not land in 35 Sea Zone and was removed
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 44 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 33 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 45 Sea Zone
            2 submarines moved from 33 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 62 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 54 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Queensland

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Japanese regular : 1.33
    ANZAC regular : -1.83

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m