• Hi,

i watched the youtube video from GHG about China in GW 36 V 3 (i try to learn as much as possible about the game). His videos are great but there are some things about China im not sure about i understood correctly if i start at 36. Its about the releationship between CCP, KMT and the Warlords.

What happens if the CCP attacks a Chinese Warlord (are they allowed to attack warlords?)? Is it correct if they attack one warlord that all warlords go to KMT?

What happens if the KMT attacks the warlords. Do all of them become CCP?

What happens to the warlords if the CCP attack the KMT and vice versa?

Am i correct to assume that all Warlords become KMT if Japan attacks KMT?

What happens to CCP if Japan Attacks KMT or one of the Warlords?

It would be nice if someone could help me to answer my questions. Btw. im really excited to play the game in November ;-)

• The rules on the KMT sheet state: “An attack by a foreign country on a Warlord, CCP, or KMT, is considered an attack on all of China and causes all Warlords to Align with KMT. If a warlord is attacked by either Chinese faction, it and all its remaining land zones and units align to the other Chinese faction if unconquered by the end of the Combat Phase.”

So to answer your questions

What happens if the CCP attacks a Chinese Warlord (are they allowed to attack warlords?)? Is it correct if they attack one warlord that all warlords go to KMT?

No, an attack on a warlord by CCP/KMT causes the attacked warlord to align with the other Chinese power; Other warlords remain neutral. Remember aligning occurs after combat is resolved so only that warlord’s remaining unconquered land zones and units go to the other faction.

What happens if the KMT attacks the warlords. Do all of them become CCP?

Same as above, only the attacked warlord goes CCP at the end of the round if they have territory remaining.

What happens to the warlords if the CCP attack the KMT and vice versa?

Nothing, they dont care.

Am I correct to assume that all Warlords become KMT if Japan attacks KMT?

Yes. And keep in mind RAW states “Attacks” not declares war on. This means Japan could DOW KMT and just blockade them and not align all warlords. It also means that KMT can freely attack Japan and Japan being unable to counterattack without aligning the remaining warlords to the KMT.

What happens to CCP if Japan Attacks KMT or one of the Warlords?

They can sign a truce with the KMT if they wish. IMO they should do so, and if they dont have a border with the USSR yet, move units to a KMT region next to the boarder and then break the truce to get Lend Lease and their wartime bonus income.

Hope you enjoy your game!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@insaneHoshi nailed every portion of your questions it seems to me. But for a further clarification, just remember that the warlords are multiple different factions. In terms of the Chinese Civil War, this matters, as there would not be a point where all warlords align with either the KMT or CCP just because a single warlord faction was attacked. The different colored territories help you ascertain with warlord is which. I think that point was made clear, but I got the impression from your post you might not have realized that all the individual warlord factions had to be dealt with separately.

Also, @insaneHoshi I had never considered the prospect of Japan simply declaring war on the KMT and not attacking. What an interesting idea to just blockade. Could certainly help choke off some lend lease while Japan can get a bit stronger before attacking! I’ll need to remember that.

@AlphaAeffchen the Chinese Civil War is a lot of fun to play! I think the changes to China in V3 are some of the best in the game. Make sure you keep up on the rules for them! The CCP can recruit warlords to their side, for example. Just different options to think about!

Have fun! Can’t wait to play again. Had a game going before the pandemic hit, and it’s gone untouched for 6 months now.

• @Chris_Henry said in China: Warlords-KMT-CCP:

Also, @insaneHoshi I had never considered the prospect of Japan simply declaring war on the KMT and not attacking. What an interesting idea to just blockade.

It is interesting, but a bit of a catch 22 though, as IIRC most allied nations would require China to be at war with a major power before LL. Plus it would open the Burma Road. Honnestly though if KMT hasnt declared war in 1938 to get that sweet sweet Burma road IPC, they have mad a misplay (or japan has evacuated Chinese home country of units for some reason)

• Hey,

i thank all of you very much. The rules are now very clear to me. I wish all of you a good start in the weekend.

• @insaneHoshi good points all around. I wasn’t think big picture when you said that. Of course others would have to be at war to Lend Lease. So yeah, that makes it a different situation anyways. Still though, just goes to show there are a plethora of possibilities!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m