Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16)

• I am glad this strategy was tested against U , since U emptied Japan of units pretty fast , and they were all in Asia, or in the islands.

Germany went heavily on Eastern front, ok an AB in Yugo, later IC, but not much naval and air buyings, pure land and Moscow direction.

I got the element of surprise, but still i think i played a really good game. I even stopped U in the ME, which i did not expect, even Russia went so good with all those planes.

That India - Yunnan - NT triangle was great.

And the help that UK Pacific sent to ME in the right time.

I am glad U re motivated to play against me again, and I am looking forward to our matches in 2021 :)

• @Amon-Sul said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

@farmboy said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

@Amon-Sul yeah. I never had much of a chance to take Moscow because by the time I got close, you already had a ton of allied fighters within reach. It more than make up for the Soviet units in China.

And different choices with Germany may have improved my chances, but it was Japan’s play that let you get much of that air in range.

It was Japan play, and it was allied play. My NT dudes really helped.
    Absolutely. And sorry, by referencing Japan’s mistakes, I don’t mean to minimize the cleverness of the strategy or your execution of it. Just trying to think through how I would have to play against it differently. I think I had effectively lost the game by round 4 or 5 unless there was a major dicing or error. And short of dicings or sloppiness, I’m not usually in such bad shape as axis, or in such good shape as allies that early, so I have to think through what I could do differently in response. And I want to play against it again to see if different choices can shift the outcome. Of course, I realize that different choices on my part will lead to different counters on your part. So it might just mean I lose in a different way. But figuring these things out is part of the fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m