• u convoy blocked me 1 ipc in sz 99

it was in local mode but i ll count it.

dice is dice.

• ONE EDIT TO MY MOVE

1 TAC FROM SUMATRA SZ TO IRAQ

• the final mapsada.tsvg

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 10

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - Germans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by ANZAC from 41 Sea Zone: 1 tactical_bomber
            EDIT: Adding units owned by ANZAC to Iraq: 1 tactical_bomber
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

the save games don’t have the game details (dice emails etc…) so I reposted with that. I won’t get to Germany tonight I’m fairly sure.

• @farmboy said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

the save games don’t have the game details (dice emails etc…) so I reposted with that. I won’t get to Germany tonight I’m fairly sure.

Take Ur time.

Its a big move.

there were no dice e mails

• I see i have a usa tranny in sz 99 , u ignored it during battle or its a mistake?

• @Amon-Sul ignored. The germans will get it

this was a sloppy turn for me here in that I forgot until after I finished Italy that anzac could take it back. Not sure if it would have made much difference in the end to my move, but annoying that I hadn’t planned on that.

Well, its true, but this way U reduce the strength of the Iraq staq.

• I dismantled one superfortress (Yunnan).

Now I have other. Iraq.

@Amon-Sul said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

@JDOW said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

Yeah, he kept everything together which was key for this turn. Such turns are the reason why it is so hard to make progress against Japan. If Japan wants to protect a territory, they just park a bunch of their abundant planes or fleet there and out of sudden, this territory is an impenetrable fortress

I like to see how the top players use this all around abilities that axis have. It takes a lot of skill, but even when pressured Germany and Japan can move a lot of units in all directions.

I am an allied player fan, axis are my weaker side, so i like to watch and learn from the best.

Like you, I think I am a better player with allies. I think this is a pretty strong allied strategy you are taking thought. I would have liked to have seen it play out against @JDOW without the unlikely allied dice (or against Adam or AD).

I think JDOW’s choice of a G2 dow was a good one in response to the strategy, its one that anticipates your plan since a G2 dow requires some G1 decisions. I’m trying to think through what I might do differently in the event you do this on R1 again and I don’t anticipate it.

I was somewhat overconfident at first, because I thought if you really committed to it I was going to walk over Moscow on G6 or G7. That clearly didn’t happen and you set up well to save Moscow with air if you needed. I typically play a G3/ J1 or J3 game now. Because of your choices I went for a J4. I’m now thinking that in doing so, I surrendered the initiative to you. Not sure, but I wonder if I would have mounted a better challenge with a J1 or 2 so that ANZAC and UK pacific were contained early (even if that meant letting China and Russia hold Yunnan)

It is hard to say. Definitely against Russia going east it is better to go fast to Moscow.

• But, U didnt bought much air and navy early, and U pressed east.

My figs saved me.

The games (losses) against Adam, Kmsckay, AD, Trulpen, and now JDOW are helping me to put my allied play on a greater level.

As for JDOW game, that loss of Cairo and my naivity considering ignoring the J2DOW were too much.

I would like to see how the game would look like without it.

But i also tend to be more flexible, so next time i see G1 like JDOWs, i might play a different Russia.

are you sure that is where you want the anzac transport?

Nevermind I see what you are doing.

• My earlier (initial) R1DOW strategy was combined with USA pressuring Japan over Midway. I would build a harbour in Midway, and threten Tokyo (and Korea) severely with USA and the mighty Amur stack. It was quite sucessfull against tier 1 players, but

But against top players it was contained, Japan was defended.

And i was doing a mistake by not sending air to Moscow, and i got SBRed and smashed.

I know that top players usually dont buy much facilities, but i like it. It gives a lot more options and possibilities. This Johnston Island / Northern T. naval bases are a great combo.

As is the Yunan superfortress as i call it. Gives U so much options, because with Chinese art, and chinese + british and british + russian combo U can attack anything, plus retreating to India at any time.

• @Amon-Sul I often see quite a few facilities being built by top players. I thought Johnston was unorthodox as a US1 move, but it certainly worked out for you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m