South Korea
    Switzerland
    Togo

Group H
    Saudia Arabia
    Spain
    Tunisia
    Ukraine

• one day Canada will make an appearance . . . sigh.

Group I
    Canada

:-)

• Doesn’t Iraq have a soccer team?

Edit:

Forgot to check Group I.  :-D

• Wow, I didn’t realize that the U.S. draw was that hard.  It’s going to be difficult for them to get out of that bracket.

• 2007 AAR League

America can do anything. USA, USA, USA!!!  I love it every four years everyone gets to really care about soccer just for the chance of beating other countries and trying to show who’s the best, at least in soccer.  There’s a lot of ego at the cup and it makes for a great tournament.  Our banner should say, “America, we’re so fu**ing great!!!”.

• Kerrist, crushing defeat for the U.S.  But that second Czech goal was beautiful.

• My Germans will win it all…so i would make any plans to celebrate any other teams. :roll:

Disappointing first game for the US.

• @DarthMaximus:

what happened??  Can they not dive to the ground, holding their knee in “agony” as well as the Europeans?

• Well, I would consider the Czechs one of the best teams in Europe.  Lots of guys who play on the UEFA league, and that giant of a striker in front.  I think the U.S. media were playing up the team’s chances far too much.  While Italy has depth, the Czechs certainly have lots of talent on their squad.

In other news, though, disappointing first game for Brazil.  Yeah, it’s a win, but that Caca goal was…well, eh.  Anyone else think Ronaldo looks a little round around the edges?

@cystic:

@DarthMaximus:

what happened??  Can they not dive to the ground, holding their knee in “agony” as well as the Europeans?

LOL!

@Chengora:

Well, I would consider the Czechs one of the best teams in Europe. Lots of guys who play on the UEFA league, and that giant of a striker in front. I think the U.S. media were playing up the team’s chances far too much. While Italy has depth, the Czechs certainly have lots of talent on their squad.

I’ve heard various reports that the Czechs might be the 2nd best team in the world behind Brazil.

I do think it is a tough task to get through when you have Italy, Czech in your pool.  But if you want to compete you might as well play good teams.  It just would have been nice to just play with Czechs for a while and not give up a goal in the first 5 minutes.

The real bad thing is the 3 goal loss is terrible for tie breakers.  Clearly they have to beat Italy now but it was like they didn’t even show up against the Czech team.

• I know.  I didn’t think the U.S. would go past the third round, if that, but this showing was dismal.  And you’re absolutely right:  they cannot afford to tie, but need a clear victory.  I don’t think Italy will give them anything near that.

Surprisingly, I’m not so concerned about giving up the goal in the first five minutes.  Most of the teams have had erratic showings in the first game of this Cup.  Germany going on the attack and scoring 2 in 17 minutes?  Brazil only scoring one against Croatia?  Random Cup this year.

I’m only a casual soccer watcher, you know one of the Olympic and WC people, but it has seemed like a strange WC so far.

Perhaps some giant upsets loom in the rd of 16 or even the continued randomness in pool play.

• I’ve been an Argentina fan my whole life… hope the elimination round goes well.  Did anyone see the matches yesterday?!  Holy crap they were awesome!

• 2007 AAR League

ARG gonna win the cup.

Italy is in.

Fra vs. Port later today.

• So, any thoughts on who you want to win?  And who you think will win?  I would love to see Portugal win it, but I think Italy is the best team.  And I have doubts about whether Portugal will defeat France today.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m