Australia first? Kind of?

• Assuming it’s J3 or J4, the money islands are secure, Malaysia is done, you’ve got the Chinese handled, or will in the next move. You’ve got IC’s in FIC and about to place in Malaysia. India is on their heels and in full turtle.

What happens if folks take, or start trying to take, Australia at this point? Pause on India and go for Australia.

Does anyone have experience with this?
    (I read some posts from 2010, but it seems that no one ever really tried to do it)

Also, if your goal is to get the US out of the Atlantic this would seem to be the way to do it. They have no choice but to g all in to stop it.

• @Stough said in Australia first? Kind of?:

Assuming it’s J3 or J4, the money islands are secure, Malaysia is done, you’ve got the Chinese handled, or will in the next move. You’ve got IC’s in FIC and about to place in Malaysia. India is on their heels and in full turtle.

What happens if folks take, or start trying to take, Australia at this point? Pause on India and go for Australia.

Does anyone have experience with this?
    (I read some posts from 2010, but it seems that no one ever really tried to do it)

Also, if your goal is to get the US out of the Atlantic this would seem to be the way to do it. They have no choice but to g all in to stop it.

First India (kicking a player out and it’s a NO). After that yes make your way to Sydney. From india to the West coast of Australia and so on to sydney. Depending on how well Anzac has been turtling this could take a while but with US occupied in Europe, you don’t have a major threat because your way out of range of Hawaii

• You usually would launch your Australian invasion from SZ56, dropping off 3 or 4 transports of troops into W Australia. If you miscalculate, they get immediately strafed off the land by Allied ground forces+planes and your efforts are wasted. Alternatively, the Allies can pile all of their planes into NSW and move their fleet a safe distance away, such as Philippines or Korea. Very annoying for the Japanese player because so much of the Pacific has opened up.

You will have to move a sizable number of the Japanese airforce to reinforce the ground troops and threaten a more significant strike at NSW around turn 7. It probably will fall then, but China+India should be having success in the mainland, and the United States should have been able to make progress in whichever theater they focused on.

With OOB rules and no bid, this plan could potentially work. Having said that, a standard Axis strategy works 75% of the time so the only reason to try would be for the thrill of doing something new.

• Well if you can sort of fake out an India move by moving transport to malaya you could move then towards queensland in 1 move. If australia has massed it forces there and might be light on stuff because they send their planes towards india you can easy pick them off.

And those transports can be used to capture the DEI or recapture it. IF you can land a sizable force in queensland and the australian capital isnt well defended you can easy take it and have your fleet in a strong position on that same turn. But it just depends a lot on what the allies do.

• 2018 2017

The main deal is to watch what he does. A typical ANZAC buy is TT and a inf, or a fighter. The best time to rush ANZAC is when the planes fly away, or he pulls his men over to SA or the Islands. If the USA is looking elsewhere and hasn’t stationed substantial units in Queensland (or counterstrike SZ 26), its not hard to overwhelm him.

A more cadgy ANZAC strategy saves money or builds a deeper stack for the long game. I’ve beaten dave before by slowly turtling Sydney and after he struck me with everything Japan could bring, he gave up because all or almost all of his land units were dead.

Its also a good reason to strike (axis) or hold (allies) malaya because that plays into an NO and its an LZ for fighters too.

• @taamvan said in Australia first? Kind of?:

The main deal is to watch what he does. A typical ANZAC buy is TT and a inf, or a fighter. The best time to rush ANZAC is when the planes fly away, or he pulls his men over to SA or the Islands. If the USA is looking elsewhere and hasn’t stationed substantial units in Queensland (or counterstrike SZ 26), its not hard to overwhelm him.

A more cadgy ANZAC strategy saves money or builds a deeper stack for the long game. I’ve beaten dave before by slowly turtling Sydney and after he struck me with everything Japan could bring, he gave up because all or almost all of his land units were dead.

Its also a good reason to strike (axis) or hold (allies) malaya because that plays into an NO and its an LZ for fighters too.

If you send the Anzac Fighters to India, don’t you expose Anzac to a Japanese invasion? Yes turtling in the first turns as anzac is a must do, especially when japan pulls his fleet together around Carolines with some transports.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m