• Im not sure I understand, could you clarify a bit.

• Which part you didn’t understand?

• @Navalland These parts confused me

1. Playing options. I tend to like scenarios if they are playable for example with techs or no tech. Or with National objectives or not.

2. Nations should not loss all of their remained incomes, neither mobilizing unit abilities after losing their capital(s). I would also suggest it for any scenario.

• For example A&A Anniversary edition has techs/national objectives and allows players to play with them, without them or just with one of them. It is for to appease more players since some players like them and some don’t like.

The capital rule of A&A is simly bad. Capitals are already the most valuable territories even temporarily capturing them gives massive advantage, stealing all of remaining enemy income is just too much punishment. Later they introduced victory city concept like national objectives (I dislike both because they bring unnecessary complexity) to give more option.

The simplest way is treating capitals like other territories and making them victory cities. Very smooth, rememberable victory condition.

• @Navalland said in Cold War: It's Finally Done:

For example A&A Anniversary edition has techs/national objectives and allows players to play with them, without them or just with one of them. It is for to appease more players since some players like them and some don’t like.

The capital rule of A&A is simly bad. Capitals are already the most valuable territories even temporarily capturing them gives massive advantage, stealing all of remaining enemy income is just too much punishment. Later they introduced victory city concept like national objectives (I dislike both because they bring unnecessary complexity) to give more option.

The simplest way is treating capitals like other territories and making them victory cities. Very smooth, rememberable victory condition.

Geez I have this concept in my game

• @Navalland So your point is that I should not have it?

• Yes, I suggest not retaining A&A capital rules.

Also I suggest you to thinking about different war goals other than total victory. It is something I have been thinking but hasn’t came up with a good idea.

For example. I’m playing with USA and lost all Europe to Warsaw pact. I’d probably just surrender at that point instead of to continue because all total victory war aims are now gone and almost impossible to turn the tide of war.

There should be an extra war aim about not losing. Kinda like draw option that might prevent this kind of anti climatic endings hence players will be more willing to continue no matter how desparate the situation.

• @Navalland I was asking about the air combat rules

• I will likely simplify it down to no air combat, infantry, tanks, rocket artillery, can’t hit fighters without certain research, and bombers can’t participate in the first round of combat.

• I’d prefer no air combat rule.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m