• Has anyone tried giving your naval units a range like the airforce?  Forcing the naval units to refuel and supply at naval bases. It would make island hopping in the pacific more key to your strategy.

• I have such a rule in older versions of some of my games… it does not work because nobody can contain the variability of such a rule. WE got too many crazy plans that trashed the gameplay into “wham bam thank you mam”

Now ships move 3-4 spaces depending on game… 2 is too restrictive

• What do you mean by “can contain the variability of such a rule.”?

• It offers way too many choices and “gambits” which tend to allways fall on the most “seat of your pants” or unhistorical possibilities because anybody can be reached/invaded by any wild combination of movements. Its like playing a ww3 game and starting a nuclear war which invalidates the conventional warfare strategy.

• I guess I still don’t understand your point of view. To me having a range for your ships would be more historically accurate than not. Battleships don’t have infinite fuel and ammo and can’t sail across the entire pacific and back and not every go to port. I wanted to add a rule like this to my games so it would force the US to at least take a few islands before they attacked japan in AAP. It always seems the US just builds and then attacks japan directly right away in my games.

My rule is that your ships could move 2 spaces at a time and up to 4 spaces before being at a friendly port to refuel. A Friendly port being a allied country or island.

• Well for one i was thinking your talking about Revised. IN pacific its more possible to do these things because their are more SZ’s Second, I was thinking your idea was for combat movement. IN NCM its a good idea for some kind of redeployment.

• I used the tanker rule to do so.
    If you have a tanker. (Cost 4 IPC) Your naval fleet can make a 3 sea zone movement.
    The tanker has no attack capability but defend on a 1 against warship.
    No defence against sub!!!.
    The limit is 3 tanker per player.
    For sub lovers,  it’s a must….

Alan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m