ksmckay (axis) vs 666 (allies+15)

• '19

@666 Dont think you need all those units in Russia. You could have easily sent another inf to Arch and you could have retreated after whiffing in Bry rd 1.

• '19

@666 said in ksmckay (axis) vs 666 (allies+15):

I am getting beaten up in each theater…hmmm

going to need to give this some serious thought

Yeah, allies are running out of options. Really hard for allies when axis is outproducing by 50. Norway and company is a nice for allies but really thats the only positive and not enough to counterbalance losing Africa.

• Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 2.2.20868, time: 9:31:37 AM
    Savegame

• @ksmckay I think this is over. I don’t think I can save HAW

• '19

you cannot. I wont necessarily take it this turn, but I will take it and you cant just swing to caro or australia to swipe a city back.

The problem is that europe is still in good shape for axis, so delaying a turn or two in pacific wont actually accomplish anything meaningful.

But if you wanted to delay I think you have to stack Hawaii with all your air in range and its safe, but the only way to do that is to pull your fleet back towards Western US. But then I am pretty sure I have some good plays for next turn.

• @ksmckay said in ksmckay (axis) vs 666 (allies+15):

you cannot. I wont necessarily take it this turn, but I will take it and you cant just swing to caro or australia to swipe a city back.

The problem is that europe is still in good shape for axis, so delaying a turn or two in pacific wont actually accomplish anything meaningful.

But if you wanted to delay I think you have to stack Hawaii with all your air in range and its safe, but the only way to do that is to pull your fleet back towards Western US. But then I am pretty sure I have some good plays for next turn.

yeah, I thought about that, dumping all fighters in HAW, and I think you would have a 20% chance to take it this turn, thought about going to Aussie to try and then take PHI but you have lots of well placed blockers.

and the long game doesn’t look good at all due to the IPC difference. This game went south fast, bad mid game for me.

• Great game, I posted your W. Would like to play again in the future!

• '19

yeah I wouldnt take the 20% chance so you can definitely save it this turn if you want to see.

If you send your fleet south, you have no chance. I think your only option is to stack hawaii, move fleet to 12 (ideal but not sure you can defend it) or 10, all out pacific purchases, bring bombers back. But again, if you go that route, you are still far behind in both theaters so I can patiently setup for the win in a few rounds.

I think this game was lost over questionable Russia play, failure to defend Gib in rd1 and 10ish, not blocking in ME, and then abandoning India.

But I think with minimal changes you could improve Russia play significantly. For example, when I stacked Samara, you pulled your russian inf stack back to Smo instead of Bry. That had huge consequences. Perhaps it wouldnt have saved the game, but moves like that and a few early on made it way to easy for axis in Russia.

• '19

@666 said in ksmckay (axis) vs 666 (allies+15):

Great game, I posted your W. Would like to play again in the future!

yep, thanks for the game, always fun and I learned things.

• @ksmckay said in ksmckay (axis) vs 666 (allies+15):

yeah I wouldnt take the 20% chance so you can definitely save it this turn if you want to see.

If you send your fleet south, you have no chance. I think your only option is to stack hawaii, move fleet to 12 (ideal but not sure you can defend it) or 10, all out pacific purchases, bring bombers back. But again, if you go that route, you are still far behind in both theaters so I can patiently setup for the win in a few rounds.

I think this game was lost over questionable Russia play, failure to defend Gib in rd1 and 10ish, not blocking in ME, and then abandoning India.

But I think with minimal changes you could improve Russia play significantly. For example, when I stacked Samara, you pulled your russian inf stack back to Smo instead of Bry. That had huge consequences. Perhaps it wouldnt have saved the game, but moves like that and a few early on made it way to easy for axis in Russia.

thanks for this I will review.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m