• @Imperious-Leader

(edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments)

• @aardvarkpepper you have great insights buried in your texts, but it would be nice if you would prove yourself on the ranked ladder, or in the upcoming 3rd community tournament: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexzaLIOUJ0iit-RZJt-qVNSbeAgpACQJR9PskmXr1LgAgNng/viewform?usp=sf_link

• He was ranked in season 1 in silver or gold (about #3-5) when i beat him twice. However, ranked play is bogus because its only 1 vs. 1 and that’s not Axis and Allies because its a team game and everybody is bringing something different to the table and you have to adapt to changing conditions

• @Tahweh said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

@aardvarkpepper you have great insights buried in your texts, but it would be nice if you would prove yourself on the ranked ladder, or in the upcoming 3rd community tournament:

Winning doesn’t “prove” things. The winner’s just the best and/or luckiest of whoever happened to show up. Even the winner can’t just take it easy. There’s always some whatever upstart that wants to “prove” themselves. People that get beat say it was just luck even if you literally take them through step by step and show them exactly what they did wrong including a full analysis with all the numbers. It all changes nothing, so why bother?

Some communities are different, sure. But 1942 Online’s community is very much um . . . not.

Besides, I don’t even care to try for the title of “best”. I know people that have far superior analytical skills that I’m sure would beat me handily if they applied themselves. But they just can’t be bothered. So it’s like . . . what would it matter to me if I won all seasons and all tournaments against whoever? To me none of that matters, it’s just a few players that I’m interested in “beating”. Even then, for me “winning” or “losing” is just a byproduct of games played to find optimal lines.

To be fair, I should admit I have certain abilities so players that beat me on merit I’d probably at least pull even with in the long run. But I don’t consider that a matter to boast about, because it comes down to most just don’t care to put in the work in the field over time - just as I wouldn’t put in the time to really master League of Legends or something. You put in the time, you do the work, you get the paycheck, that’s just life, nothing to get excited about.

(edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments)

If you want to give advice that can actually be used for anything, you’ll have to be specific somewhere down the line or you’ll be called on it. If not from me here and now, someone else some other time.

• @aardvarkpepper Rank over time corrects for factors such as luck, and is a good estimator of overall skill. Plus it gives you opportunities to play the best players on the ladder

• @aardvarkpepper said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

What I SEE is someone not talking about UK IC in Egypt. Again.
    Is that the “successful” you’re talking about? Successful dodge is successful?

Have no idea what these statements mean. Successful was beating you twice. Successful is not avoiding giving out your steam ID so anyone can verify your record. Successful is knowing what to do and executing it depending on various conditions that different players bring to the table.

We are waiting for YOUR STEAM ID buster.

• @Imperious-Leader said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

We are waiting for YOUR STEAM ID buster.

oh it’s “we” now

and you’re still not commenting on that UK Egypt IC

also it’s weird that you keep saying you’re better but you’re focusing on me so much

• '17 '16 '15 Organizer '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

"oh it’s “we” now

and you’re still not commenting on that UK Egypt IC

also it’s weird that you keep saying you’re better but you’re focusing on me so much"

It’s WE because everybody is wondering why your so afraid to give it out so somebody could scrutinize it because its probably a really sad record of failure.

And i can comment on IC egypt and once the German fleet is dispatched and UK gains upon the German starting army in Libya, it’s sensible to build a factory and start churning out tanks to finish off afrika and head to FIC. Whats the problem with that and why you think otherwise as a basic KJF plan for UK?

Im focusing on you because you put up walls of text but know nothing about 42.2 and have the failure to prove it.

Any other questions before you submit that steam ID so anyone can see what you are doing here?

• (edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments)

• And your STEAM ID THAT EVERYBODY IS WONDERING WHY YOU DON’T POST…

Instead we get a wall of text and another avoidance, when i addressed the topic you don’t know about

Can we just get your steam ID? and why cant we?

• And all i ask is your steam ID… that is not uncivilized unless you changed the definition. Lets hear your “extremely detailed plan for UK in Afrika” as opposed to the mine, and how you cope with 2 other Allied players on your team who may not be listening to any text notes during the game??

Here’s your chance for redemption

Oh and what was your steam ID unless you want to continually hide from anybody here looking it up-?

• Oh snap if you post your steam ID you might win this:

Post your username and player id for Axis & Allies Online games

Prizes (US and maybe Canada)

Axis & Allies & Zombies
    Axis & Allies & Zombies
    Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition
    Planes and Pilots Volume 1: The Messerschmitt Me109 book
    Planes and Pilots Volume 5: The P-51 Mustang book
    Prize Pack One x5
        Italian units from Field Marshal Games. Some of the tanks have turrets that move!
        American units from Historical Board Gaming (HBG)
        IPCs from HBG
    Prize Pack Two:
        5 different packs of roundels from HBG
        IPCs from HBG
        Roudel coasters from HBG
    More prize to come

Prizes (North America & Europe)

To Be Determined

• Am i to infer the site creator is “uncivilized” for asking you to post your steam ID? You see its not a big deal. Please just do it.

• (edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments.)

did NOT quote the part that mentioned a poster needs to be a 2020 sponsor as well.

@djensen said in 🎁 20th Anniversary Give Away:

As of January 1, 2020, this website has been around for 20 years! Because 2020 has been a crappy year we haven’t been able to celebrate in person at all. However, we’re still going to do something. I have a cache of Axis & Allies related items to give away.

Starting this week and continuing weekly until all the prizes are gone, I’ll choose 1 or more winners. Each winner will have 7 days to respond or give up their prize. Each winner will be able to select what they want from the list of prizes. If you choose not receive a prize, your name will be listed as a winner who donated their prize back to the community. I’ll do my best to include Europe and the rest of the world but shipping can get expensive.

To participate all you have to do it participate on the forums. Just do one or more of these:

• Post something anywhere within 21 days of prize selection day (this will get expanded when I figure out how to get posts older than 21 days)
    • Post something in one or more areas in the four suggestions below, since June 6.
    • Be a 2020 patron

Please don’t be spammy. If you don’t know what to post, here are some suggestions:

Prizes (US and maybe Canada)

• Axis & Allies & Zombies x2
    • Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition
    • Planes and Pilots Volume 1: The Messerschmitt Me109 book
    • Planes and Pilots Volume 5: The P-51 Mustang book
    • Prize Pack One x5
      • Italian units from Field Marshal Games. Some of the tanks have turrets that move!
      • American units from Historical Board Gaming (HBG)
      • IPCs from HBG
    • Prize Pack Two:
      • 5 different packs of roundels from HBG
      • IPCs from HBG
      • Roudel coasters from HBG
    • More prize to come

Prizes (North America & Europe)

• T-Shirts x5
    • To Be Determined

more details to come

• So your saying that the steam ID s what now? We just need that ID so see if the text matches the results, and slighting 42.2 Online is a nice tactic but nobody is buying it.

So whats your steam id that you keep avoiding…presumably because you have a terrible record with excuses as usual.

• @aardvarkpepper said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

You quoted so much, yet conveniently did NOT quote the part that mentioned a poster needs to be a 2020 sponsor as well

Yea that $20 contribution or $10 bucks is really hard to cough up for some. You should cough up your steam ID just to prove your results.

How bout it?

• aardvarkpepper

I have a new idea, i will pay pal you the $10 bucks so you can be a patron and submit your steam ID. Since in your post this was a huge impediment, i will overcome it!

Now will you have a new excuse?

• @Imperious-Leader said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

aardvarkpepper

I have a new idea, i will pay pal you the $10 bucks so you can be a patron and submit your steam ID. Since in your post this was a huge impediment, i will overcome it!

Now will you have a new excuse?

What “excuse”? I’m under no obligation to post my steam ID (which can be readily found; there’s not a load of aardvarkpeppers), or my 1942 Online ID / number (which I don’t care to give out, and apparently someone’s been giving out my ID without my consent anyways :face_with_rolling_eyes: that’s another story).

You’re the one that said there were “free” prizes, I only made the correction that one had to be a 2020 sponsor to qualify. That isn’t an “excuse”, that’s just attention to detail.

Besides which, I have no intention of playing 1942 Online much, as it doesn’t have live defender decisions. Plus the game forces casualty allocation after each like-valued group of dice instead of end of sub-phase, I don’t like the UI, and there’s bugs (like fleet locking and yes I know about “hostile/friendly” sea zones - I hear there’s STILL fleet locking - and maybe teleporting transports last I heard, and most certainly buggy implementation of fighter / carrier moves.) It’s just awkward. I prefer the **** out of TripleA. So if I did post my 1942 Online name and ID, it would essentially be under false pretenses. :face_with_rolling_eyes: as I pretty well don’t intend to PLAY 1942 Online anyways.

(though I’ll still comment on Steam because MAYBE the developers will make certain changes. Probably not. But it certainly won’t be said the developers didn’t implement a change I thought important because I didn’t bring it up.)

How about this? I don’t want a 2020 sponsor badge or any of the prizes. But you donate whatever it would cost to be a 2020 sponsor to djensen directly, have him comment in this thread or PM me once the payment’s received, then I’ll play on whatever platform. Can’t say I’ve played an “A” game in quite a while - been years - but I expect even playing without tables and a buncha assists I won’t be as shabby as a buncha other players, for whatever that’s worth.

Can’t say I think it’s worth it, but then it’s not my money.

• '17 '16 '15 Organizer '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

" I’m under no obligation to post my steam ID (which can be readily found; "

Posting your steam ID isn’t like giving away a social security number… you just type the 4 numbers, we already know your name.

Why do you hide from showing your record??? Its so ridiculous and hilarious at the same time!

You again blocked me sending you $10 so you could quality. I would like you to have 1942.2 edition so you can learn that game.

“Besides which, I have no intention of playing 1942 Online much” Thats what people say when they have 42 online and they perform poorly and make excuses why their play ends up in failure. Its ok to lose because you learn so much more when you lose. And the other excuses are just another avoidance of the topic which was “where is your steam ID?”

“as it doesn’t have live defender decisions”

You don’t need them either. You have various settings that you create to destroy units in different orders, you change these in lieu of different situations.

" I hear there’s STILL fleet locking - and maybe teleporting transports last I heard, and most certainly buggy implementation of fighter / carrier moves.) "

Another laundry list of bugus reasons why you don’t list your steam ID. You hear? You actually play and find out! I know the bugs and how to overcome them. Mostly you need to zoom in all the way and click the corner of the unit. You need to load up transports one at a time, or move the others to another sea zone and click them back one by one.

“But you donate whatever it would cost to be a 2020 sponsor to djensen directly, have him comment in this thread or PM me once the payment’s received, then I’ll play on whatever platform.”

You mean you can play 42 online ( which you have as i beat you 2-0)? Why would you not take the deal where i send you 10 bucks to sponsor the site and win a game?

Whats wrong with you? You win twice that way ( well you lose to me going to 0-3 in actual play)

Keep in mind that your steam ID is nothing more than a way so people can play a game or potentially do this. It has to be your choice to allow the invite to play a game. You got nothing to lose and everything to gain. It does not result in somebody draining your bank account or stealing your identity. For heavens sake what is your steam ID?

• (edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m