Offloading transport to two adjacent territories

• A&A 1942 2nd Edition:
    Is this a legal move?

Can you split up a transport offloading from Seazone 13? One unit to Gibraltar and one unit to Morocco. In this game, Germany currently occupies both territories, and the transport came from Seazone 8 (France).

The rulebook appears to rule against this move. On page 31:
    “Whenever a transport offloads, it cannot move again that turn…A transport cannot offload in two territories during a single turn…It can offload in only one territory, and once it offloads, it cannot move, load, or offload again that turn.”

My concern is that this wording assumes that the transport is moving to another seazone for the second territory offloading. In my scenario, the transport does not have to move again.

If I’m wrong, then I question the rationale for not being able to offload in two adjacent territories if you are allowed to LOAD from two adjacent territories, which is clearly stated on that same page in the rulebook.

Thank you for your thoughts!

• @mk614

No, your transport can only offload into one territory only, regardless of the sea zone. If you have two transports you can have one to Morocco and one to Gibraltar, and they stay in the same sea zone

• @mk614

Also It specifically says you cannot offload again that turn, and the transport can’t offload in two places at the same time.

• @blobby

Thanks for the clarification.

Why do you think they made that rule if it’s okay to load from two adjacent territories? Strange, right?

They allow so many other loading options, so it seems bizarre that they would not allow this offloading option.

• Official Q&A

The reason that it can’t offload more than once is that if it did so during combat movement it would be involved, though indirectly, in multiple combats. This would require complicated rules, as there would be cases where it could be done and cases where it could not be done. Transport movement is already complicated enough without adding more exceptions, so it was decided that a transport’s movement would end once it offloads, period, no exceptions. It was felt that any flexibility added by allowing multiple offloads wasn’t worth adding more complication to transport rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m