• So the other day I was playing a game of Global 40 with my uncle, and he, as the Allies, took the Russian units from the Caucasus and Stalingrad and moved them into the Middle East.
    A couple of turns later (after capturing Iraq and gaining the 3 IPC bonus) he loaded them onto British transports and, utilizing multinational transport rules, unloaded them in Italian Somalia and Ethiopia.
    By my accounting, this would give Russia an extra 12 IPCs (4 for Ethiopia, 3 for Somalia, and 5 for Iraq, including the soviet bonuses for owning these territories).
    Of course there are limits to this move, but in most cases it seems like this is a logical and economically valid move to play.

I’m not sure if anyone has thought of this before and it may not even be the best use of the Russian units, but I thought it was an intriguing idea and I have never seen it done before so I just wanted to share it.

This feels like the best use of a Russian tank, mech, and 2 infantry, am I missing something?

• @LordPatrick

Hi Patrick Welcome to the site. Yes it is a common strategy. Especially with more experienced players.

• '21 '18 '16

We have a name for this maneuver. It’s called “The Russian Cheezewhiz”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m