TripleA Turn Summary: French round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 3.0.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            1 aaGun moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            2 artilleries moved from New South Wales to South Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            3 infantry placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 12 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            2 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 6

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia
            2 artilleries moved from New South Wales to South Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            3 infantry placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 12 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            2 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk

Turn Complete - French
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by French from 93 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by French to 96 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from 96 Sea Zone: 1 transport
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Savegame

• Ah, crap! I missed the new rule that capital ships can’t be built without a nb. Was planning to build des, ac, bs in z99, which would perhaps make things shakily stable.

This totally screws me over, since I already planned it during Italy’s turn.

I must ask to be able to partly adjust Italy’s turn by putting up 2 des as blockers in z98/101 and partly to adjust the G purchase. No attack in 98.

Would like to exchange the ac (16) and bs (18) for a nb (15), des (8) and fig (10) and having a spare IPC also then an inf for an art in Leningrad.

• Also, I did the inf in N Italy change during Italy’s turn, but think you used the first post instead of the second.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 7

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 3.0.0

Game History

Round: 7

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from Southern Italy: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to Northern Italy: 1 infantry
            Germans buy 4 artilleries, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
                  Germans take Bryansk from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Northern Belarus to Smolensk
                  Germans take Smolensk from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Kirov to Komi
                  Germans take Komi from Russians
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 99 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to 96 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to 96 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 4 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
                French defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 4 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 3,33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 destroyer in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the French lost in 96 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 4 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for French: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Germans
            3 fighters moved from 96 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 96 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 99 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to 117 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 117 Sea Zone to 118 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 118 Sea Zone to Leningrad
            1 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Northern Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Leningrad to Archangel
            5 infantry moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            2 aaGuns, 8 artilleries and 22 infantry moved from Ukraine to Rostov
            2 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Western Ukraine to Ukraine
            6 armour and 6 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Rostov
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Bessarabia to Rostov
            1 aaGun moved from France to Western Germany
            1 infantry moved from France to Southern France
            2 infantry moved from France to Western Germany
            1 cruiser moved from 115 Sea Zone to 128 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 93 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 127 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 destroyer moved from 115 Sea Zone to 116 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans

French regular : -0,33
    Germans regular : -1,33

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 7

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 3.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Germans buy 4 artilleries, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                    Germans roll dice for 4 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 3,33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 destroyer in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                Germans win with 4 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8

3 fighters moved from 96 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 96 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 99 Sea Zone
            5 infantry moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from France to Southern France
            1 cruiser moved from 115 Sea Zone to 128 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Leningrad
            3 artilleries placed in Ukraine
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Leningrad: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Leningrad: 1 artillery
            2 infantry placed in Germany
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Leningrad: 1 fighter
            1 destroyer placed in 99 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 carrier placed in 115 Sea Zone
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 115 Sea Zone: 1 battleship and 1 carrier
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 99 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Yugoslavia: 1 harbour
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from 99 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to 101 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to 98 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 99 Sea Zone: 2 tactical_bombers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Southern Italy: 2 tactical_bombers

Savegame

• The first game-post is the situation at hand before placements and the second is my requested changes with placements included.

• Another alternative is to be able to change the buy from the previous turn exchanging the 2 fig for a nb and 5 IPC, but that’s a long way back.

• Or wait. I’ll consult the rule.

• @trulpen said in L20 #1 trulpen (X) vs AndrewAAGamer (A) P2V:

Or wait. I’ll consult the rule.

I thought that perhaps it was possible to use the harbour in Rome, but the rule is pretty clear: “Battleships and carriers may only be built from territories that have both factories and harbours.”

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Got your posts. Have to go to work. WIll respond tonight my time; about 11-12 hours from now.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Hi @trulpen.

So, I have read your e-mails and I totally understand how it was so easy to make that mistake. In fact, I was making the same mistake. When I saw you build your minor IC with Germany I was like “Ah, he is going to build a carrier there next Turn”. So, I get the mistake and why it happened; especially since this is a new game for both of us.

As you know I do not believe in edits. I think that we all make mistakes in the game and it is not your Opponent’s job to let you fix your mistakes. However, after being on this site a bit I saw that edits are very common here so I, with majikforce’s input and assistance, came up with what I felt was a very fair and relaxed edit policy that hopefully others would like and that I could live with. I have posted that Edit Policy before. I did that for three reasons 1) to increase the chances people would play with me because majikforce felt if I insisted on no edits at all it would reduce the number of people who would play with me 2) to have a set, fair, consistent and stated edit policy to avoid arguments over edits which I abhor and 3) to make sure I was not taken advantage of.

1 is simple enough. I want to play with people. I want to have fun and I want them to have fun. If people feel I am too rigid with no edits at all then I will not get to play with them and if there is a relaxed edit policy that makes them happy that I can live with then why not.

2 is the most important reason to me. I am not here for conflict or to argue. I am here to have fun. I stress out over edits when people ask me to make edits. I always feel that I am the “bad guy” for not granting an edit request and why should that be? They are the ones making the mistake and asking for an edit not me. By having no edits or a simple and consistent edit policy there is no room for arguments. It either is an allowed edit or it is not. That removes the stress for me.

3 Is more of an attempt on my part for a level playing field. Since I will not ask for an edit since I feel it is my mistake and I must live with it in my previous online gaming experience I found I was constantly being taken advantage of. I would make mistakes and never ask for an edit and then my Opponents would make a mistake and argue with me or say I was being unfair by not allowing their edit. This caused me great stress and anxiety and was the reason I stopped playing online. I do not want that to happen again which is why I want a simple, consistent and fair edit policy to live by.

Looking at that edit policy, below, any edits in this case are not allowed. Both A and B have occurred. I posted the ANZAC Turn and Germany conducted rolled combat before any edit request was made. In addition, the Forgotten Unit clause is not applicable because you admit you did not even realize the error until you went to place the purchased units.

a) Once a combat roll is made no edits of any kind before the combat roll occurred are allowed with one exception. Forgotten Units. A “Forgotten Unit” is a unit that never moved during that Power’s Turn and that unit unequivocally and without any doubt was just forgotten to be moved and that the requested edited move is obviously the intended move if the unit had not been forgotten. Any doubt, no matter how small, voids this exception. Including any potential gain of knowledge received due to dice rolls.
    b) Once Opponent B has posted in any format a portion of their current Turn no edits of Opponent A’s previous Turns are allowed. This includes “Forgotten Units”.
    c) Any Edit necessary to fix an illegal move. Such as flying a plane over a Neutral into combat. Not unloading combat ground troops picked up during the Combat Move phase from a transport during an Amphibious Attack. Not placing all possible units during the Mobilize New Units phase.

So unfortunately, no edits would be allowed at this time. And I mean unfortunately. It would be nice if this were not an official League game because then we could just blow it off and allow any edits. But it is an official game. And for me it is very important to be consistent and fair in my edit requests to avoid the stress that comes if I do not. To make sure I am always fair and consistent in my edit policy I have to always have the same answer for any edit whether I am ahead or behind in a game, whether it makes a difference or not, or whether I like my opponent or not. None of those can matter. If I take anything but the actual edit into account that makes me a hypocrite and opens me up to the should I or should I not allow this edit game that is just a) not something my personal integrity will allow and b) just too damn stressful for me.

I like you. You and surfer and majikforce have been the most agreeable and enjoyable players I have met on this site and it bothers me greatly to have to say no to this edit request. I worry that you might be unhappy about it and not want to play with me anymore. Especially since we have been doing our Tutor game together. Yet how can I live with myself if I allow you an edit based on that and not other people? It is a position I do not want to be in and it bothers me greatly. It bothers me so much that last night around 2am when I saw your first post when I got up to get a drink of water I could not stop thinking about it. (Bad habit of mine to check my messages before I go back to bed.) I literally could not fall back to sleep for another 90 minutes, last time I looked at the clock, thinking about this. I have now spent another 120 minutes formulating this response and that is 3.5 hours I really cannot spare. I am so busy right now it is not even funny. I have too much work, too much going on in my personal life and too many games going on. I really should not have joined your Tournament but majikforce asked me and he is such a nice guy I could not say no.

I am spending the time talking about this because I do care. If I did not I could have just taken one minute to say “Nope not allowed.” But I am hoping that you will understand why I am being this way and understanding why it is important to me. While you may not see it as important I do.

Let me provide an example. I have come to realize that taking a Turn within 72 hours is important to you. Due to being busy I missed some time and could not get to a Turn and you bumped me. We talked about it and I told you it was because I was busy and not due to ignoring the game and you said you would be more lenient going forward. Yet recently barely after three days went by you again bumped me. Now I could have gotten upset with “Geez why is he doing that we talked about this” and instead I said to myself “Okay taking a Turn is really important to Trulpen so I need to do a better job and make sure I take a Turn every two days to meet his expectations of what is important.” I realize since it is important to you I need to make it important to me too even though normally it is not important to me. In a recent game with Omega1759 he went 9 days without taking a Turn. I IM’d him to see when he was going to go and he said he would within 24 hours and he did. I did not bump him even after 10 days though I will say if he had not replied to my IM I would have. The point I am trying to make is edits may not be a big deal to you but they are to me so please be understanding.

Finally, and you say geez about time Andrew, let me state if the positions were reversed I would not have asked for an edit. Knowing the rules is the responsibility of the Player. Any mistake made by that Player because of that are still mistakes and not the responsibility of the Opponent to fix. And I have another very recent example of this. In my one and only game of BM3 against ksmckay he was the Allies and on UK1 he got very unlucky and failed to kill the Italian destroyer in SZ 96. In all my years of playing when the Allies fail in this attack the Allies ended up losing assuming competent play by the Axis. That was apparently his experience too as he immediately conceded. Then another player pointed out, rightly, that my experience in BM3 was so limited that he might still be able to beat me so he rescinded his concession and we played on.

Now I cleaned his clock on the Europe side of the board and took Moscow on G6 but due to my BM3 inexperience I made multiple errors on the Pacific side of the board and while I had the game well in hand things were not looking good in the Pacific so I decided to revise my strategy and shorten the game by taking the IJN and air force out of the Pacific and into the Indian Ocean to attack the Middle East and Egypt to finish the game early. While that was successful ksmckay was desperately trying to get one victory city back on the Europe side but was failing in that endeavor and suddenly he moved virtually the entire US forces into the Pacific.

Now I am sitting there looking at the map and going “Why the heck did he move everything into the Pacific?” I mean it made no sense to me and I know ksmckay was a competent player so there had to be a reason to do it. The only reason I could come up with was he wanted to take Tokyo and what difference would that make? A moral victory? “Yeah I lost but I took Tokyo!” I did not believe that could be the only reason so I went back and reread the rules for BM3 and of course, you already know this, I found out that if Tokyo or Berlin falls then the Victory City requirements increase by one on the other side of the board. I did not know this. I made a mistake abandoning the Pacific to speed up the game. Worse yet on the Japan Turn just before the US went I bought 3 fighters for Japan instead of 10 infantry because I did not know that taking Tokyo mattered. Now once he went with the US I could have asked for an edit of my last Japan purchase since I did not know the rule and when ksmckay and I talked about it he even said he was guessing I didn’t know that rule but I didn’t ask for an edit because it was not ksmckay’s fault I did not know the rules so why should he be denied his opportunity due to my mistake?

Luckily for me I was able to reduce his 35% chance of taking Tokyo down to 8% by flying some German bombers that just happened to be close enough to get there in two Turns before the US invaded Japan. Of course, I was only able to do that because I figured out why he was doing what he was doing. And I did win the game because his attack failed.

Okay sorry about the really long post. I hope it helps you understand why I am responding the way I am and you feel comfortable with the resolution. Looking forward to playing more games with you in the future I do like you and enjoy our games.

• Thank you for your thorough response.

I feel your anxiety and will try to give you a duly answer. I wanted to give some short and concise replies, but don’t think I’m able to.

Anyway, before trying to answer in the full, I’d like to respond to the bump-issue.

I understand that you felt dissapointed or maybe even agitated about that. It was my bad. I simply forgot about some of our conversation regarding this, although I did remember that about you being stressed.

I’m also super-busy and have 10-15 games going on in parallell. Sometimes I forget things.

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry too much about the bump-thing if I were you. I mainly use it as an heads-up to remind an opponent of a turn, if it by any chance have slipped their mind.

As an example, I’ve bumped koala seven times so far and haven’t claimed a victory even though I could after the fourth.

I have never clamied a game due to time-warnings so far, but I think it mainly has to do with my relation to an opponent.

Basically I’m a nice guy, and I look at games as not the end of the world. Still I, as you, have a strong feeling of urging for what I perceive as fairness.

Most important for me is the good feeling of playing and having fun, which is something I can only do together with others. Winning is secondary.

• Thank you for caring. I’m sorry for taking so long time for an answer. I’ve had my kids for two weeks and been rather busy. When I’ve tried to get started writing I just get an anxiety attack along with the stress. Now I’m alone, it’s a bit calmer, and I’m fighting my demons.

I think you and I are very much alike in some aspects and very different in others. That’s interesting in itself and although the focus shouldn’t be there it does impact on the issue at hand.

The example with your game with ksmckay is interesting, but actually not an analogy. In that game his strange move was like big, flashing neon-signs in the sky. In our game neither of us saw this limitation coming, although I should’ve been aware of it. That’s two turns of almost fully wasted production for both Italy and Germany. I’d say that’s kind of crazy.

However, it’s mainly my own fault, as you say, and I won’t press matters. I’d like to suggest a solution though that doesn’t include any edits at all and which I honestly think is fair regarding the present situation, namely that you allow on this occasion only the naval units to be built despite lacking an harbour (or alternatively being able to use the feature of the harbour in Rome).

It would be an exception from the rules. I’m sure you don’t like it. I know I don’t, but considering both of us playing unaware of that rule for two turns I’d consider the proposition to become less fishy atleast.

I know you don’t bend much regarding rules and edits, and I’m basically fine with that. It’s your philosophy and I respect it. I guess I’m the opposite regarding this. If the tables were turned, I’d go to lenghts to find a proper solution. I’d even initiate it or demand it. So it’s like your third reason, just inverted.

Anyway, it’s just a game. You can give me a final decision of yours and I’ll respect it and we can carry on.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thank you for taking the time to write back on your feelings and opinion. I appreciate the time and effort it takes and shows you also care about this. I agree it seems we are both very different and very alike. Where we are the same is, we both want to have fun; we both want the other person to have fun and we both want a fair game. Both of us feel our integrity is more important than the outcome of the game. We are both passionate about maintaining that integrity. Where we are different is how we maintain that integrity. Your passion is you want to make the gaming experience a fair experience by figuring out some way to make errors fixable and fair to both sides. I get that and I do not say it is wrong; it is just not my way. My way is to have a fair, firm and consistent policy that is the same for both sides all the time and both sides live with the consequences of their errors. It is also a way of making it a fair game for both sides; just a different way. I am not saying my way is the right way either; it does work for me though just as I think your way works for you.

I believe 100% if our positions were reversed and I made this error you would insist on correcting this error because in your world that is what makes it fair. Just as I am sure you know in my world; I would never ask to correct this error if I made it and I would not let you fix it because that is my way of keeping things fair. Interesting how we are so alike in our personal integrity and strive for gaming fun and fairness yet our models of achieving those goals are polar opposites.

I also appreciate you passing the torch to me to make this decision and support it; that shows good character and reaffirms my belief that you, majikforce and surfer are all fine gentlemen that I can enjoy playing with now and in the future. For me I am not comfortable with any edit as it is just not my way; I know you understand that. Please finish the German Turn and we can recommence.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 7

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans
            Turning on Edit Mode

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone

1 fighter moved from Yugoslavia to Leningrad
            1 battleship moved from 116 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from 96 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 destroyer moved from 116 Sea Zone to 128 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 96 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            3 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States
            3 fighters moved from 96 Sea Zone to Yugoslavia
            1 fighter moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Yugoslavia
            2 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Yugoslavia

Place Units - Germans
            3 artilleries placed in Ukraine
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Leningrad
            2 infantry placed in Yugoslavia
            1 battleship, 1 carrier and 1 destroyer placed in 115 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 55 PUs; end with 55 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 7

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 4 artilleries and 7 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Smolensk
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Gorky to Kirov
                  Russians take Kirov from Germans
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Kirov to Komi
            1 infantry moved from Gorky to Komi
            1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
            8 infantry moved from Amur to Sakha

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Komi
                Russians attack with 2 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Komi, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Komi, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Komi
                Russians win, taking Komi from Germans with 2 armour, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Buryatia
                Russians attack with 1 artillery and 5 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 5 infantry in Buryatia, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Buryatia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Buryatia
                Russians win, taking Buryatia from Japanese with 1 artillery and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Sakha
                Russians attack with 8 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 8 infantry in Sakha, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Sakha, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Sakha
                Russians win, taking Sakha from Japanese with 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Smolensk
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 0/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Smolensk
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Smolensk, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Smolensk
                Russians win, taking Smolensk from Germans with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Bryansk
                Russians attack with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                Russians win, taking Bryansk from Germans with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 fighter moved from Bryansk to Stalingrad
            1 fighter moved from Smolensk to Russia
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Bryansk to Russia
            3 aaGuns, 6 artilleries and 34 infantry moved from Vologda to Yaroslavl
            2 artilleries and 8 infantry moved from Samara to Stalingrad
            1 aaGun moved from Amur to Sakha
            1 aaGun moved from Amur to Buryatia
            11 infantry moved from Russia to Samara

Place Units - Russians
            4 artilleries and 6 infantry placed in Russia
            1 infantry placed in Urals

Turn Complete - Russians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 5 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,2
            Russians collect 29 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 29 PUs
            Trigger Russians 7 Great Patriotic War: Russians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 32 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 34 PUs

Japanese regular : -0.67
    Germans regular : -0.33
    Russians regular : -2.67

Savegame

• I’ll be gone now on vacation for 3 days. Not sure about the internet, so might not be able to make a move until Tuesday.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 7

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 14 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Korea to Amur
                  Japanese take Amur from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Siberia to 5 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 5 Sea Zone to 9 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 9 Sea Zone to Aleutian Islands
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
                  Japanese take Burma from UK_Pacific
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to Eastern India
            2 infantry and 1 marine moved from Java to 43 Sea Zone
            2 battleships, 1 cruiser, 2 infantry, 1 marine and 1 transport moved from 43 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 marine moved from 36 Sea Zone to Paulau
            5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from 43 Sea Zone to Paulau
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 35 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Strategic bombing raid in Eastern India
                    UK_Pacific roll AA dice in Eastern India : 2/2 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                2 bombers killed by AA
                Bombing raid in Eastern India causes 0 damage total. 
            Battle in Aleutian Islands
            Battle in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 35 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Aleutian Islands from Americans with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in Paulau
                Japanese attack with 5 fighters, 2 infantry, 1 marine and 5 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships and 1 cruiser in Paulau, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 fighters, 2 infantry, 1 marine and 5 tactical_bombers in Paulau, round 2 : 6/13 hits, 6,50 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Paulau, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Paulau
                Japanese win, taking Paulau from Americans with 5 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 marine and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from Paulau to 36 Sea Zone
            5 artilleries and 18 infantry moved from Yunnan to Burma
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from French Indo China to Burma
            2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Java to 43 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 3 transports moved from 43 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from 39 Sea Zone to Burma
            2 artilleries and 1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hopei
            1 infantry moved from Hopei to Szechwan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 aaGun moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from 35 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            5 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers and 1 submarine moved from 43 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan
            1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 carriers and 1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Kiangsu to Japan
            2 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
            1 submarine moved from 59 Sea Zone to 77 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Jehol
            1 infantry moved from Jehol to Southern Manchuria
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 fighter moved from Kiangsu to Japan
            2 submarines moved from 38 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            1 destroyer placed in 20 Sea Zone
            2 fighters, 7 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Japan
            3 infantry placed in French Indo China
            3 infantry placed in Malaya
            1 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            Japanese undo move 4.
            3 infantry placed in Malaya
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 36 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 37 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 37 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 36 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            Japanese undo move 5.
            1 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            2 infantry placed in Malaya

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 65 PUs; end with 65 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 73 PUs
            Objective Japanese 2 Strategic Defense Perimeter: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 78 PUs

Americans regular : 0,33
    Japanese regular : -1,33
    UK_Pacific AA : 1,67

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Two HITS?!?!? OUCH!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m