• Okay, bare with my n00biness for a few questions here…then maybe I’ll adapt to these rules I can become a solid contributer to these forums.

When attacking from ONE space, can I use some of my pieces to attack one space and some to attack another(s)?

For example, I have 5 German guys on Belorussia, and I want to use three to attack Karelia S.S. and two to attack West Russia.  Possible?

Also, from the same example above, can I fly a plane over from Ukraine to help attack West Russia, and then fly another plan also from Ukraine to help attack Karelia?

Hopefully this makes some sense.

Thanks in advance.

• Of course you can. Try to think of the units as independant of each other and it’ll make more sense. Welcome to the boards!

• @Squash:

Try to think of the units as independant of each other and it’ll make more sense.

That statement just cleared up that and a few other things   :-D.  Thanks for your help.

• OK, and here is the exception…

when offloading units from a transport, all of the units on a single transport must go to the same territory (unless you have the Japan National Advantage that allows you to opffload to more than one territory at a time.

So, if you have a TRN in SZ63 with 2 INF on it, both must go to either Alaska or Western Canada, not one to each.

If you have more than one transport, the second transport can offload whereever it wants.  The rule is you can;t split a transport, but you can split a fleet of transports.

• Alright…here’s another foolish question…

I’m the U.K. and I want to try and take western europe.  I use one transport with 1 INF and 1 tank, plus a fighter and a bomber vs. their 2 INF and 1 tank.  Lets say I beat what Germany has on western europe with my fighter and bomber to spare.  They fly back to the U.K. and land?  Also, Germany retains possension of that space even though neither of us has a unit on it?  I’m guessing the answers are yes and yes  :-P.

Also: if I obtain possesion of a territory, do all my units that participated have to stay there, or can I like fly one of my fighters back one space?

@SU:

Alright…here’s another foolish question…

I’m the U.K. and I want to try and take western europe.  I use one transport with 1 INF and 1 tank, plus a fighter and a bomber vs. their 2 INF and 1 tank.  Lets say I beat what Germany has on western europe with my fighter and bomber to spare.  They fly back to the U.K. and land?  Also, Germany retains possension of that space even though neither of us has a unit on it?  I’m guessing the answers are yes and yes  :-P.

Yes and yes.

@SU:

Also: if I obtain possesion of a territory, do all my units that participated have to stay there, or can I like fly one of my fighters back one space?

Yes the land units must stay.  HOWEVER, planes cannot land in newly conquered territories, so your planes would indeed HAVE TO move to another territory that you owned prior to the start of your turn.

• The planes don’t have to return to UK exactly…
    they only have to return to a friendly territory.
    so, if they could reach a Russian territory, that’s a good solution as well.
    or you can fly them to gibraltar for example (strategically this is a bad move most of the time)

so:
    your planes can move 4 spaces:
    you can move it:
    1 space in combat move, engage combat and move it maximum 3 spaces to fly to safety in non combat move
    2 spaces in combat move, engage combat and move it maximum 2 spaces to fly to safety in non combat move
    3 spaces in combat move, engage combat and move it maximum 1 space to fly to safety in non combat move
    4 spaces in combat move, engage combat and move it maximum 0 spaces to fly to safety in non combat move
    the latter is ONLY possible when you attack a sea zone where a carrier will be present at the end of non combat move phase!
    so, you can not do the latter for conquering a land territory!

what IS possible? when you conquer a new territory with some land units, you can reinforce the new territory with units that have not been in combat that round! so, if you have a spare plane that didn’t engage in any combat? THEN you can land it there to secure the territory if you want - since this move is a total non combat move!

• @Axel:

what IS possible? when you conquer a new territory with some land units, you can reinforce the new territory with units that have not been in combat that round! so, if you have a spare plane that didn’t engage in any combat? THEN you can land it there to secure the territory if you want - since this move is a total non combat move!

Not even that is possible. From our “bible” LHTR 1.3:

"Completing Air Units’ Move
    An air unit may end its move (“land”) in a territory that was friendly at the start of your turn. Air units cannot land in a hostile territory or in a territory you just captured. "

• @Sankt:

@Axel:

Not even that is possible. From our “bible” LHTR 1.3:

"Completing Air Units’ Move
    An air unit may end its move (“land”) in a territory that was friendly at the start of your turn. Air units cannot land in a hostile territory or in a territory you just captured. "

Well, I didn’t know that one!!!
    I just assumed you could reinforce with every unit that did not engage in combat, so including planes.
    but, I too, learn every day :-)
    I will only play with reinforcing land units, from now on.

thx.

• 2007 AAR League

axel allie, when are you going to start gaming on here with the rest of us revised folks

• hehehe,

thx for the ‘invitation’, tcnance…

I haven’t got internet at home…
    but since I check this forum during working hours…
    I cannot install a game on my computer at work…
    thát would be over the top :-P

I hope I can manage to play a game online somewhere in July, though…
    Maybe I’ll have the opportunity then…
    I’ll keep you informed when I know more  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m