ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 9

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 1.0

Game History

Round: 9

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 9 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Yaroslavl
                  Germans take Yaroslavl from Russians
            1 armour moved from Vologda to Komi
                  Germans take Gorky from Russians
                  Germans take Komi from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
                  Germans take Ukraine from Russians
            1 bomber moved from Leningrad to Northern Italy
            3 infantry moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Northern Italy
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
            1 fighter moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Bessarabia to Yugoslavia
            1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to 114 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            2 infantry moved from Austria to Yugoslavia

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Northern Italy
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Northern Italy, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Northern Italy, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Northern Italy
                Germans win, taking Northern Italy from British with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Germans attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Yugoslavia
                Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from British with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Bryansk
                Germans attack with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 fighter
                    Germans roll dice for 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 21/75 hits, 25.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the French lost in Bryansk
                Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 25 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for French: 1 fighter
            Battle in Bulgaria
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bulgaria, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                Germans win, taking Bulgaria from British with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Germans
            Trigger Ukraine Has Fallen to Germans Switch: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Russian_Ukraine_Factory_May_Be_Destroyed attached to Germans
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bulgaria to Eastern Poland
            3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Yugoslavia to Eastern Poland
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            5 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
            4 aaGuns moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Southern Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Smolensk
            2 infantry moved from Leningrad to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to 115 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 118 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 118 Sea Zone to Leningrad
            1 transport moved from 117 Sea Zone to 116 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 mech_infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Austria
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland

Place Units - Germans
            2 armour, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            1 armour, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            1 infantry placed in Normandy Bordeaux
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Normandy Bordeaux: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to France: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,4,6,6,4,3,6,6,3,3,4,4,5,2,5,4,2,6,6,4,5,2,1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 95 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,4,3,2,6,4
            Germans collect 54 PUs (5 lost to blockades); end with 54 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -1.83
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 9

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 1.0

Game History

Round: 9

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 9 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Yaroslavl
                  Germans take Yaroslavl from Russians
            1 armour moved from Vologda to Komi
                  Germans take Gorky from Russians
                  Germans take Komi from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
                  Germans take Ukraine from Russians
            1 bomber moved from Leningrad to Northern Italy
            3 infantry moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Northern Italy
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
            1 fighter moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Bessarabia to Yugoslavia
            1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to 114 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            2 infantry moved from Austria to Yugoslavia

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Northern Italy
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Northern Italy, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Northern Italy, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Northern Italy
                Germans win, taking Northern Italy from British with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Germans attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Germans roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Yugoslavia
                Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from British with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Bryansk
                Germans attack with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 fighter
                    Germans roll dice for 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 21/75 hits, 25.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the French lost in Bryansk
                Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 25 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for French: 1 fighter
            Battle in Bulgaria
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bulgaria, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                Germans win, taking Bulgaria from British with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Germans
            Trigger Ukraine Has Fallen to Germans Switch: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Russian_Ukraine_Factory_May_Be_Destroyed attached to Germans
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            5 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
            4 aaGuns moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Southern Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Smolensk
            2 infantry moved from Leningrad to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 118 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 118 Sea Zone to Leningrad
            1 transport moved from 117 Sea Zone to 116 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 mech_infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Austria
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to France
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bulgaria to Bessarabia
            3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia

Place Units - Germans
            2 armour, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in France
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 infantry placed in Normandy Bordeaux
            Germans undo move 2.
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            Germans undo move 2.
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            2 infantry placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,6,4,5,3,6,6,4,3,3,6,3,5,5,1,5,6,4,5,3,1,1,5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 95 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,6,4,4,4,6
            Germans collect 54 PUs (5 lost to blockades); end with 54 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -1.83
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• ok gg, bad rolls lol

• now finished my second game and I still am having mixed feelings about PTV, I think it may be crossing that fine threshold between being an advanced version with lots of strategic options and being too big and complex. if I am to be honest, I’m finding myself getting very impatient and wanting to take a large swing as soon as it’s offered, that’s now twice almost same situation, and twice it backfired hard and I lost. normally in global I wouldn’t do that kind of thing, taking those odds like that. and both games I was winning as allies, or at least quite ahead economically and felt good about my position.

I feel like this map can lead to a lot of long-term grinding, which I believe was something Andrew gamer was expressing about bm3, except that this one more so than bm3. idk… how about you, how do you feel?

• '19

ha, looks like very bad rolls. I figured I didnt have any better options and even if you won, I might be ok just because your forces would be depleted. But I was done with this game anyway.

I wanted to see what happened with a southern attack in europe. I dont think it works without a g1 ground purchase. If g1 naval build, I think germany has to go north. I had a small chance but not a very good one, but then a forgotten move or two completely ruined the push.

In the pac, I think going after Australia is a risky move. I think its solid if US goes light in pacific but I think if US balances the two theaters, its not the greatest move. In this game, with better dice in NSW I think you were hosed in pacific.

Ive been really busy and this game requires more thought, but I do like it. But now isnt the time for it for me. Ill probably put P2V on hold for a bit.

• Yah same here, I’ve been busier as well and also exploring a lot of new BoardGames. So I think I’ll stick with bm for a while and anyway, they are still working it out and refining it. I think I’m just not a big fan of the current carrier scrambling rules. I’d much prefer to see them nerfed. I gave some suggestions let’s see if anything comes of that.

@ksmckay said in ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V:

ha, looks like very bad rolls. I figured I didnt have any better options and even if you won, I might be ok just because your forces would be depleted. But I was done with this game anyway.

I wanted to see what happened with a southern attack in europe. I dont think it works without a g1 ground purchase. If g1 naval build, I think germany has to go north. I had a small chance but not a very good one, but then a forgotten move or two completely ruined the push.

In the pac, I think going after Australia is a risky move. I think its solid if US goes light in pacific but I think if US balances the two theaters, its not the greatest move. In this game, with better dice in NSW I think you were hosed in pacific.

Ive been really busy and this game requires more thought, but I do like it. But now isnt the time for it for me. Ill probably put P2V on hold for a bit.

• '19

this being only my second game, I am not sure. Its definitely Global on steroids, but thats ok I think. I used to love Anniversary, and then global came out which was super complex and fun. But its complexity made it a different game with a different level of commitment. This amps it up a bit more.

I like that its different and engages me in new ways. but definitely the thought of a 30 round game with this level of complexity feels a bit much. I think 15-20 is the sweet spot for me. But perhaps this isnt that different, just takes some getting used to.

• '19

@axis-dominion said in ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V:

Yah same here, I’ve been busier as well and also exploring a lot of new BoardGames. So I think I’ll stick with bm for a while and anyway, they are still working it out and refining it. I think I’m just not a big fan of the current carrier scrambling rules. I’d much prefer to see them nerfed. I gave some suggestions let’s see if anything comes of that.

Yeah the carrier scrambling is pretty crazy. Not sure if its a bad thing or not but its definitely the reason this game is so much more complex. I saw they reduced carrier d value to 1, but not sure thats enough.

• I think for me at least, global/bm may be about as far as I wish to push A&A complexity, as I’m starting to really take interest in other board games I’m exploring. For example, I recently bought Twilight Imperium and GloomHaven, and am preparing to launch into those games with my kids. I already played a year’s straight of Descent 2nd Ed campaigns (dungeon crawler) with my kids and We really enjoyed that. We’re taking a break from that and gonna try gloomhaven etc. I’ve always avoided getting into the more complex varieties of WW2 or war games in general, as they can really consume you. Global is already quite complex as it is, but I’m really used to it and am in a comfort zone with it. I think PTV May have been too big of a jump for me.

Also a new Kickstarter WW1 game recently caught my attention, it’s called Trench Club. I fully backed it and am excited to try that out when it comes out, probably next year.

• '19

glad to hear it. Always been curious about gloomhaven. My daughter is pretty young so we arent there yet, but looking forward to it one day. But yeah, global is good enough for me right now. Still a challenge and still forces me to think, but I have a decent enough understanding of it that it doesnt consume me which I dont have time for.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m