ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V

• '19

Sorry for delay. This is such a complicated map. Scramble to Bry from Kur/Rus?

• '19

sorry, im actually going to change purchase to purchase nothing.

• '19

otherwise same move.

• oh wow, how interesting, I don’t remember why I gave you slightly over 50% odds on that attack, it’s been so long :)

my guess is perhaps I miscalculated or forgot to send more support during US/UK.

oh well, let’s go ahead and do full scramble, all fighters and max defense

• '19

Yeah who knows at this point.

I don’t like doing an attack like this but I cant come up with anything better. Europe was already ugly and if I dont get to Bry this turn I dont think I ever will, and so I think Europe is done. Pacific is obviously in better shape but I dont think I can blitz for a win so I think I have to go for this. And unfortunately, I also think you had no choice but to scramble.

Can’t roll till later. Do you want round by round casualties or can I assume AA, UK air, Russian air. Italy has to take it with ground, otherwise french can fly there to prevent blitz.

• @ksmckay said in ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V:

Yeah who knows at this point.

I don’t like doing an attack like this but I cant come up with anything better. Europe was already ugly and if I dont get to Bry this turn I dont think I ever will, and so I think Europe is done. Pacific is obviously in better shape but I dont think I can blitz for a win so I think I have to go for this. And unfortunately, I also think you had no choice but to scramble.

Can’t roll till later. Do you want round by round casualties or can I assume AA, UK air, Russian air. Italy has to take it with ground, otherwise french can fly there to prevent blitz.

Yah you got the ool correct, thanks. I agree that probably best to take a chance here.

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 8

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 1.0

Game History

Round: 8

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy nothing; Remaining resources: 13 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Southern Belarus to Smolensk
                  Italians take Smolensk from Russians
            1 armour moved from Smolensk to Bryansk
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            1 bomber, 3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk

Combat - Italians
            Russians scrambles 3 units out of Kursk to defend against the attack in Bryansk
            Russians scrambles 3 units out of Russia to defend against the attack in Bryansk
            Battle in Bryansk
                Italians attack with 2 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 4 fighters; Russians defend with 2 aaGuns and 3 fighters
                    AA fire in Bryansk : 1/6 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 bomber owned by the Italians lost in Bryansk
                    Italians roll dice for 2 armour, 1 artillery, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Bryansk, round 2 : 5/10 hits, 4.67 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 aaGuns and 7 fighters in Bryansk, round 2 : 6/7 hits, 4.67 expected hits
                    2 aaGuns owned by the Russians, 2 fighters owned by the Italians, 1 artillery owned by the Italians, 3 fighters owned by the British, 2 infantry owned by the Italians and 1 armour owned by the Italians lost in Bryansk
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers in Bryansk, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 4 fighters in Bryansk, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Russians, 2 tactical_bombers owned by the Italians, 1 fighter owned by the Italians and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in Bryansk
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Bryansk, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour in Bryansk, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Italians lost in Bryansk
                Russians win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is -14
                Casualties for Italians: 2 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for British: 4 fighters
                Casualties for Russians: 2 aaGuns and 2 fighters
            Moving scrambled unit from Bryansk back to originating territory: Russia

Non Combat Move - Italians

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,1,1,1,4,6,3,3,2,1,4,4,1,1,5,6,3,4,1,6,5,1,5
            Italians collect 3 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 16 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

AA fire in Bryansk : : 0.00
    Italians : -0.00
    Russians : 1.33

Savegame

• '19

almost :(

almost :(

damn!

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 8

Game History

Round: 8

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 cruiser moved from 65 Sea Zone to 31 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 65 Sea Zone to 32 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Anglo-Egyptian Sudan to Egypt
            1 infantry moved from Syria to Iraq

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Bryansk
            1 destroyer moved from 82 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• '19

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 9

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 1.0

Game History

Round: 9

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 9 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Yaroslavl
                  Germans take Yaroslavl from Russians
            1 armour moved from Vologda to Komi
                  Germans take Gorky from Russians
                  Germans take Komi from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
                  Germans take Ukraine from Russians
            1 bomber moved from Leningrad to Northern Italy
            3 infantry moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Slovakia Hungary to Northern Italy
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
            1 fighter moved from Bessarabia to Bulgaria
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Bessarabia to Yugoslavia
            1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to 114 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
            2 infantry moved from Austria to Yugoslavia

Savegame

• '19

any scrambles?

any scrambles?

none

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 9

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 9 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Northern Italy
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Northern Italy, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Northern Italy, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Northern Italy
                Germans win, taking Northern Italy from British with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Germans attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Yugoslavia
                Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from British with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Bryansk
                Germans attack with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 fighter
                    Germans roll dice for 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 21/75 hits, 25.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the French lost in Bryansk
                Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 25 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for French: 1 fighter
            Battle in Bulgaria
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bulgaria, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                Germans win, taking Bulgaria from British with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Germans
            Trigger Ukraine Has Fallen to Germans Switch: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Russian_Ukraine_Factory_May_Be_Destroyed attached to Germans
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bulgaria to Eastern Poland
            3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Yugoslavia to Eastern Poland
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            5 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
            4 aaGuns moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Southern Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Smolensk
            2 infantry moved from Leningrad to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to 115 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 118 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 118 Sea Zone to Leningrad
            1 transport moved from 117 Sea Zone to 116 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 mech_infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Austria
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland

Place Units - Germans
            2 armour, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            1 armour, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            1 infantry placed in Normandy Bordeaux
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Normandy Bordeaux: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to France: 1 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,4,6,6,4,3,6,6,3,3,4,4,5,2,5,4,2,6,6,4,5,2,1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 95 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,4,3,2,6,4
            Germans collect 54 PUs (5 lost to blockades); end with 54 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs

Germans : -1.83
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 9

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Northern Italy
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Northern Italy, round 2 : 4/8 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 infantry in Northern Italy, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Northern Italy
                Germans win, taking Northern Italy from British with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Yugoslavia
                Germans attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Germans roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 3.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Yugoslavia
                Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from British with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Bryansk
                Germans attack with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys
                French defend with 1 fighter
                    Germans roll dice for 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 26 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 21/75 hits, 25.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the French lost in Bryansk
                Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 21 armour, 7 artilleries, 25 infantry and 21 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for French: 1 fighter
            Battle in Bulgaria
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Bulgaria, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Bulgaria, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Bulgaria
                Germans win, taking Bulgaria from British with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Germans
            Trigger Ukraine Has Fallen to Germans Switch: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Russian_Ukraine_Factory_May_Be_Destroyed attached to Germans
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            5 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
            4 aaGuns moved from Southern Belarus to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Southern Belarus
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Smolensk
            2 infantry moved from Leningrad to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 118 Sea Zone to 117 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 118 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 118 Sea Zone to Leningrad
            1 transport moved from 117 Sea Zone to 116 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 mech_infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Austria
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to France
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bulgaria to Bessarabia
            3 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia

Place Units - Germans
            2 armour, 4 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in France
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 infantry placed in Normandy Bordeaux
            Germans undo move 2.
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            Germans undo move 2.
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            2 infantry placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 99 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,6,4,5,3,6,6,4,3,3,6,3,5,5,1,5,6,4,5,3,1,1,5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 95 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,6,4,4,4,6
            Germans collect 54 PUs (5 lost to blockades); end with 54 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs

Germans : -1.83
    British : 0.33
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• ok gg, bad rolls lol

• now finished my second game and I still am having mixed feelings about PTV, I think it may be crossing that fine threshold between being an advanced version with lots of strategic options and being too big and complex. if I am to be honest, I’m finding myself getting very impatient and wanting to take a large swing as soon as it’s offered, that’s now twice almost same situation, and twice it backfired hard and I lost. normally in global I wouldn’t do that kind of thing, taking those odds like that. and both games I was winning as allies, or at least quite ahead economically and felt good about my position.

I feel like this map can lead to a lot of long-term grinding, which I believe was something Andrew gamer was expressing about bm3, except that this one more so than bm3. idk… how about you, how do you feel?

• '19

ha, looks like very bad rolls. I figured I didnt have any better options and even if you won, I might be ok just because your forces would be depleted. But I was done with this game anyway.

I wanted to see what happened with a southern attack in europe. I dont think it works without a g1 ground purchase. If g1 naval build, I think germany has to go north. I had a small chance but not a very good one, but then a forgotten move or two completely ruined the push.

In the pac, I think going after Australia is a risky move. I think its solid if US goes light in pacific but I think if US balances the two theaters, its not the greatest move. In this game, with better dice in NSW I think you were hosed in pacific.

Ive been really busy and this game requires more thought, but I do like it. But now isnt the time for it for me. Ill probably put P2V on hold for a bit.

• Yah same here, I’ve been busier as well and also exploring a lot of new BoardGames. So I think I’ll stick with bm for a while and anyway, they are still working it out and refining it. I think I’m just not a big fan of the current carrier scrambling rules. I’d much prefer to see them nerfed. I gave some suggestions let’s see if anything comes of that.

@ksmckay said in ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V:

ha, looks like very bad rolls. I figured I didnt have any better options and even if you won, I might be ok just because your forces would be depleted. But I was done with this game anyway.

I wanted to see what happened with a southern attack in europe. I dont think it works without a g1 ground purchase. If g1 naval build, I think germany has to go north. I had a small chance but not a very good one, but then a forgotten move or two completely ruined the push.

In the pac, I think going after Australia is a risky move. I think its solid if US goes light in pacific but I think if US balances the two theaters, its not the greatest move. In this game, with better dice in NSW I think you were hosed in pacific.

Ive been really busy and this game requires more thought, but I do like it. But now isnt the time for it for me. Ill probably put P2V on hold for a bit.

• '19

this being only my second game, I am not sure. Its definitely Global on steroids, but thats ok I think. I used to love Anniversary, and then global came out which was super complex and fun. But its complexity made it a different game with a different level of commitment. This amps it up a bit more.

I like that its different and engages me in new ways. but definitely the thought of a 30 round game with this level of complexity feels a bit much. I think 15-20 is the sweet spot for me. But perhaps this isnt that different, just takes some getting used to.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m